Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2021, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Best kind of weekend! Same, watched movies and played some board games.
Old 12-08-2021, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Relaxing!

How's your week going?
Old 12-08-2021, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It’s been busy, but not too bad. Finishing up Christmas shopping, tomorrow should be my last day Christmas shopping thankfully. It’s been exhausting, so I’ll be glad to be done with it. How is your week going?
Old 12-10-2021, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mine's been good; I too finished my Christmas shopping
Old 12-10-2021, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Feels good to have it done!

Making a bunch of tamales tomorrow.
Old 12-12-2021, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sounds like a fun but busy day!

How was your weekend?
Old 12-13-2021, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Did the very last day of Christmas shopping, and it kept me so busy the day flew by. Not bad for a Monday! How was your day?
Old 12-14-2021, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

My Monday was pretty good but today has been exhausting. Had a rough wake up, my fan wasn't working right because of electrical problems and there was an electrical short in my room/bathroom so it's been a long day and I'm ready for it to end
Old 12-14-2021, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That sounds like quite the day you had! Will you be able to fix the electrical problem?? I feel you on the long day! I spent the day with my grandpa with dementia, and it was quite the day… he spent 45 minutes getting lost on the way to my
House, then after calling him constantly for that 45 minutes he finally
Called back. Had to stay on the phone and guide him here! Then we go shopping, and the place requires a membership card that only he has, but he couldn’t find it anywhere. So he had to report it stolen and get a new one. Then we go to checkout and they say they no longer take Mastercards, and of course after waiting in line forever,
We didn’t know that! Then we start walking to our cars, and he says he doesn’t remember where he parked… it’s a huge parking lot. So took him to lunch first since he was hungry, then i figured my mom and I could take him back to the parking lot after and find it for him. So we go out to lunch, and it takes 1 freaking hour to get our food!!! Worst part, we were only One Of two tables of people.
Like it was empty! Also our food tasted old and cold. Then the manager says he will take off a percentage off our bill and give us a free pizza to take home to have for dinner. We go to pay and get the pizza, and the waiter says it was never put in the system and we gotta wait a another 30 min for it!! We said forget it and walked out. Won’t be going back. Took my grandpa back to get his car, we thankfully found it. Then we drove halfway to his side of town to make sure he got home
Ok! I’m Worried about him out driving now with his dementia.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

There were two different problems, one with the main box, and the short in my room; thankfully, my uncle was able to fix both without tearing into the wall cause we didn't know were the short was coming from so we thought he'd have to rip open the wall the sound was coming from (that's how big the short was btw that you could hear it crackling and popping ) but he had a moment of genious and figured out how to fix it. Now the problem is it's been raining the past couple days and now the ceiling in my room is leaking

That all sounds stressful and exhausting! I can imagine that it's very concerning and worrying for you and your fam that he's still driving, I know he wants to remain independent but have y'all tried talking to him about giving up that part? Something could happen to him while out on the road and if it did what would happen if he didn't remember who to contact...
Old 12-16-2021, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared ❤︎ Jensen (View Post)
There were two different problems, one with the main box, and the short in my room; thankfully, my uncle was able to fix both without tearing into the wall cause we didn't know were the short was coming from so we thought he'd have to rip open the wall the sound was coming from (that's how big the short was btw that you could hear it crackling and popping ) but he had a moment of genious and figured out how to fix it. Now the problem is it's been raining the past couple days and now the ceiling in my room is leaking

That all sounds stressful and exhausting! I can imagine that it's very concerning and worrying for you and your fam that he's still driving, I know he wants to remain independent but have y'all tried talking to him about giving up that part? Something could happen to him while out on the road and if it did what would happen if he didn't remember who to contact...
Oh that’s gotta be a relief, but no a water leak in the ceiling?? Oh no!! That’s not good at all…

Yes, he lives with his girlfriend and we’ve told him that he should have her start driving him around, but then he gets mad and very defense and leaves. It’s a sore subject with him, but his memory is absolutely awful!
Old 12-17-2021, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

And it's in multiple places! We bought a roof sealer we had used yers ago after Hurricane Maria that had worked very well to fix things, now it's just a matter of the person who's fixing it to be able to come over on a sunny day to spread it around.

What a difficult situation because you don't wanna encroach on whatever autonomy he has left, you wanna respect his choices but at the same time his memory is getting worse...
Old 12-18-2021, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope you get him to come over and fix it asap! That really sucks.

Well just got some awful news right before Christmas. My dads sister has stage 4 cancer; and she doesn’t have much time left. My dad is devastated! We apparently can’t catch a break during Christmas time…
Old 12-19-2021, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

He got part of it fixed today, then he's doing a second coat later in the week but hopefully it's solved now.

Oh no...I'm so sorry, that's horrible
Old 12-20-2021, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

How’s it holding up so far??

Yeah it’s been rough around here. Then the missing my dead brother, and my parents missing my other siblings that live further away. Just one house of sadness.