Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-01-2016, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for that article, we needed that. I would have needed that and JTV when I first had sex

Quote:
I agree. I think they were too focused on making the episode revolve around Jane while simultaneously not making a big deal of her losing her virginity and they couldn't do it successfully without taking away from J/M. Him falling asleep for instance could have been written humourously. Instead it made me feel bad for her but then we have her email her professor which jumps to humour. It felt off. I'm glad told him about not having an orgasm though. It was good to see her honesty.
I think that's it, yeah.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

Gina posted this link on her twitter page Anyway I agree. Our idea of the first time is magical but the reality is different. JTV showed this moment perfectly and I appreciated their honesty. A different development would has been unrealistic.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio Gio (View Post)
Gina posted this link on her twitter page Anyway I agree. Our idea of the first time is magical but the reality is different. JTV showed this moment perfectly and I appreciated their honesty. A different development would has been unrealistic.
But as many of us have indicated, we didn't want a perfect moment. In fact, many of us wanted a even more awkward and clumsy moment. I think even what we saw was unrealistic I was just very surprised to see how much of the episode focused on achieving an orgasm...it seemed out of touch. I commend the show for not going with a perfect, romantic moment 100%, but still think something was missing.

I guess we're all slightly disappointed, but I have faith the writers will hopefully make it up to us.

Quote:
Thanks for that article, we needed that. I would have needed that and JTV when I first had sex
I was the last of my friends, so I knew it wasn't going to be like the movies

Last edited by courtneybangelcakes; 11-01-2016 at 01:55 PM
Old 11-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

Jane the Virgin showrunner on sex scene | EW.com
Old 11-01-2016, 02:05 PM
Elite Fan

There have been so many articles today -- all positive I think all the outlets are really happy they didn't go with the fantasy route. And they've all mentioned how great it was that the show focused on Jane's guilt and such.

Whenever I see people say that like Rafael would have gotten it right from the start are obviously missing a big point of the episode.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)

Whenever I see people say that like Rafael would have gotten it right from the start are obviously missing a big point of the episode.
Really? Hilarious Exactly they missed the point of the episode. It was the first time of Jane and it wasn't "Rafael the sex machine" ... It's only jealousy. It's the problem of shippers when their favourite ship didn't worked.
At the end, the show is about Jane and she chose Michael as husband. I can see her pregnant for love before the end of the season

Old 11-01-2016, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like that it wasent this magical moment and it took time
Old 11-01-2016, 02:38 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah Jane had to deal with her own fears and anxieties and emotions concerning her virginity It had nothing to do with Michael's lovemaking abilities or their compatibility.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Often people would say it when they don't like a ship or Rafael would be better cause he had more experience that not how it is in RL
Old 11-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah agreed Sex is a very personal and intimate thing -- it changes from relationship to relationship.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

It makes sense that Michael fell asleep right away. He had been recovering from a bullet wound to the chest, so he's not gonna have a lot of stamina. And since he hasn't had sex in a long time it would make sense that it would be over more quickly. Which tends to happen when guys haven't had any in a while.

I love that the show made the first time not perfect or that she didn't have an orgasm. Because most women don't their first time. It doesn't help that Jane had been holding on to her virginity as this big thing and she felt like a big part of her was missing. Even though she had waited for marriage. But Xo's right, she not loosing something, she's gaining a whole new part of her life.

It just takes time to find what works for each partner and for them together as a whole. They both looked quite happy and satisfied by the end. It just takes honesty, communication, experimenting, and time.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:33 PM
Elite Fan

I would have liked if Michael and Jane cuddled and fell asleep together

I think we should have a title about them gaining something together, a whole new life. I love that so much.

I'm rewatching the episode as I type this....
Old 11-01-2016, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

I don't think we should worry in terms of what it means for Michael's character to fall asleep. This show is all about Jane really, so Michael had to do whatever served her character, her storyline and her journey.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

Speaking of titles, I read a article about now the fact Jane isn't a virgin. Should the show still be called Jane the Virgin. And I think the powers that be behind the show were talking about maybe each episode from now on. The title comes up and they wipe away the virgin part and write something like Jane the PTA mom or something. Because her sexuality is only one part of her as a character on a whole.

I liked the cartoon and didn't at the same time. I knew they weren't going to show anything. And it made sense they would show a lot of comical things to explain sex. But it did kinda take me out of the show and the moment for a bit.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I liked the cartoon and didn't at the same time. I knew they weren't going to show anything. And it made sense they would show a lot of comical things to explain sex. But it did kinda take me out of the show and the moment for a bit.
I noticed, though, that 'casual' viewers and shippers had no particular problem with the cartoons or anything else. We who are involved in the fandom and had higher expectations probably were left with a bitter taste in our mouths because we'd sort of pictured things.