Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-31-2016, 07:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I know right, I know I definitely didn't expect that to happen. I was just trying to keep my expectations very low. Even now, I try not to take it all for granted. It's why I love that this show continues to exceed my expectations and surprise me in good ways about JM.
Same. There have been too many times where I was confident in my ship and then it all went away This show can be risky too, as we saw in the beginning of S2. But then it all built up beautifully, so I have more faith in this show than some others.

But tonight is the night I'm a little nervous about it
Old 10-31-2016, 08:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
Could you imagine at this point last year if we told that JM would be married and so in love There were some dark times in the beginning of S2.
Quote:
This show can be risky too, as we saw in the beginning of S2. But then it all built up beautifully, so I have more faith in this show than some others.
I think about this a lot and I can't believe where we are Our bbs are MARRIED HAPPILY IN LOVE AND MARRIED gahhh. I still can't believe it. And the second half od s2, it just all happened so beautifully and I'm grateful to the writers for strengthening their relationship even more.

Quote:
But tonight is the night I'm a little nervous about it
IT'S TONIGHT! I AM SO RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED!

Old 10-31-2016, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I. CAN. NOT. WAIT.

I never thought such an ending would fill me with this much excitement...it makes me feel odd.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

Another great BTS vid with Brett! Cute moments with Gina and Ivonne
and Brett DANCING!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk7-KRu8n0U
Old 10-31-2016, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

Jane the Virgin No More | E! News
Old 10-31-2016, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

He's the cutest dork
Old 10-31-2016, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Gina Rodriguez @HereIsGina - 11 min

I lose my virginity tonight. On air. For millions to see. Yup, just an average day. #JaneTheVirgin
x
Old 10-31-2016, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

He seems like such a fun person I love it!

haha Gina! IM SO EXCITED
Old 10-31-2016, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

So thoughts on the episode? Not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed. I feel like the show played into an obvious trope and it was too much about whether the sex was good or not ...and not about their connection or that she was losing it to him and that's why it was special.

The vast majority of people don't have amazing sex their first time. Like Xo said, it takes time to figure out what works and what doesn't. It can be like that with every new partner. And if there are nerves and build up, that can change up in the experience.

I feel like we missed out on the tenderness and intimacy of someone's first time, especially when you're in love. It's a little awkward and nerve-wracking. And you feel like you two shared something that no one has. We didn't really get that...it was all about the orgasm.

I did like the cartoon drawing though And when they were unpacking and right before they had sex when they talked about their nerves. I wish we had more of that
Old 10-31-2016, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So thoughts on the episode? Not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed. I feel like the show played into an obvious trope and it was too much about whether the sex was good or not ...and not about their connection or that she was losing it to him and that's why it was special.

The vast majority of people don't have amazing sex their first time. Like Xo said, it takes time to figure out what works and what doesn't. It can be like that with every new partner. And if there are nerves and build up, that can change up in the experience.

I feel like we missed out on the tenderness and intimacy of someone's first time, especially when you're in love. It's a little awkward and nerve-wracking. And you feel like you two shared something that no one has. We didn't really get that...it was all about the orgasm.

I did like the cartoon drawing though And when they were unpacking and right before they had sex when they talked about their nerves. I wish we had more of that
hey girl, so I completely agree. I loved that they played out a real honest story of, it takes time to find your groove for some couples and that of course your first time isn't going to be like you imagined. But I'm disappointed that we didn't see...more? I loved the moments leading up to it! Loved how you could basically see the love pouring out of their eyes with the "I love yous" ""It's gonna be perfect cause it's you"u" "I want it to be good for you." Those moments were absolutely precious. But again, I wish we had seen some of the moments like a normal show would I guess and not straight the cartoon? I mean we saw more during the the episode in s2 when they were making out on the couch and then we them on the bed! I thought the cartoon was kinda cute but not necessary. I don't understand why we didn't see more of the tenderness?

But did love that we got to see them again, be honest and open with each other in the end and finally find their groove

Last edited by redrose13; 10-31-2016 at 07:50 PM
Old 10-31-2016, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
hey girl, so I completely agree. I loved that they played out a real honest story of, it takes time to find your groove for some couples and that of course your first time isn't going to be like you imagined. But I'm disappointed that we didn't see...more? I loved the moments leading up to it! Loved how you could basically see the love pouring out of their eyes with the "I love yous" "I'm glad it was you" "I want it to be good for you." Those moments were absolutely precious. But again, I wish we had seen some of the moments like a normal show would I guess and not straight the cartoon? I mean we saw more during the the episode in s2 when they were making out on the couch and then we them on the bed! I thought the cartoon was kinda cute but not necessary. I don't understand why we didn't see more of the tenderness?

But did love that we got to see them again, be honest and open with each other in the end and finally find their groove
I agree, I wanted more. I was kind of looking forward (weird choice of words) to the awkwardness and cuteness of their first time. I expected it not to be like the fantasy of them in bed in S2, but I kind of expected a tender and sweet moment...where you don't see everything, but you see the intimacy they're sharing and will only share with each other. The beginning of the episode started off so well! Whyyyyy did it go the way it did.

If I looked at the cartoon moment alone, it is SO cute and so in tone with this show. But it wasn't what I was expecting or really hoping for. Definitely disappointed.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree, I wanted more. I was kind of looking forward (weird choice of words) to the awkwardness and cuteness of their first time. I expected it not to be like the fantasy of them in bed in S2, but I kind of expected a tender and sweet moment...where you don't see everything, but you see the intimacy they're sharing and will only share with each other. The beginning of the episode started off so well! Whyyyyy did it go the way it did.

If I looked at the cartoon moment alone, it is SO cute and so in tone with this show. But it wasn't what I was expecting or really hoping for. Definitely disappointed.
No I completely understand. It does feel a little weird to say but I know exactly what you mean. It would have been lovely to see them before it *it* happened lol, just a beautiful love scene and then the scene afterwards still could have made sense honestly. It confuses me on why they chose to do the cartoon thing at all and then twice? I know it does fit into the tone of the show but I guess I wasn't a fan of it in that moment. It's not like this show shies away from sex scenes? I mean we know it's the CW but it's just odd they chose to take the route they did.

I am underwhelmed with how they handled it BUT I also did love Jane and Michael's moments together at the same time because honestly, it did feel very real. And I'm so happy that we got to see even more about how much they care about each other and how they dont want to hurt each other which makes their love for each other even more beautiful. I think I have to watch it again and I think I'll love it more the 2nd time around. haha if you think about it, like Jane our expectations were also very high
Old 10-31-2016, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
No I completely understand. It does feel a little weird to say but I know exactly what you mean. It would have been lovely to see them before it *it* happened lol, just a beautiful love scene and then the scene afterwards still could have made sense honestly. It confuses me on why they chose to do the cartoon thing at all and then twice? I know it does fit into the tone of the show but I guess I wasn't a fan of it in that moment. It's not like this show shies away from sex scenes? I mean we know it's the CW but it's just odd they chose to take the route they did.

I am underwhelmed with how they handled it BUT I also did love Jane and Michael's moments together at the same time because honestly, it did feel very real. And I'm so happy that we got to see even more about how much they care about each other and how they dont want to hurt each other which makes their love for each other even more beautiful. I think I have to watch it again but like Jane our expectations were also very high
Yeah it's weird because it is The CW and in general the show hasn't been afraid to show sex scenes ...and really sexy ones at that? So it really is confusing to me. Like you said, I wasn't expecting to see ALL of it and for us to see the ...ending, but at least the beginning. That's what I was expecting when the cast described this episode as "tender".

I think the episode should have ended with them too...what was that? It just seems off to me and not how I was expecting it. I think they could have done the cartoon at the end and had the first time be really intimate and sensitive. In fact, I ideally wanted the first time to be the ending of the episode and the next episode could have been the next steps and getting used to each other because that is very real and provided some cute and funny scenes.

I loved every one of their scenes, but I wanted more But you're right, our expectations were VERY high..but this show hasn't really ever let me down before! So that's why The Xo and Jane scene was really beautiful though and felt very true to life.

--- Adding this in:

Quote:
DEADLINE: When and why did you decide that Jane will lose her virginity with Michael? Did you ever consider anyone else?

URMAN: From the very beginning, I’ve known the bones of the story and where it was going to go, and I did know that Jane would get married to Michael and have sex with him.
Quote:
DEADLINE: Why did you decide to use animation for the big second sex scene?

URMAN: We wanted to do something with magical realism, one of the things that make the show particularly specific. We are not competing with HBO or Netflix and we’re not going to show the real physicality of sex. I wanted Jane to have a private moment and have it be more about the feeling, what her expectations were.
http://deadline.com/2016/10/jane-the...el-1201845923/

That first answer, omg

Last edited by courtneybangelcakes; 10-31-2016 at 08:15 PM
Old 10-31-2016, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It just seems off to me and not how I was expecting it. I think they could have done the cartoon at the end and had the first time be really intimate and sensitive. In fact, I ideally wanted the first time to be the ending of the episode and the next episode could have been the next steps and getting used to each other because that is very real and provided some cute and funny scenes.
^Agreed and Agreed! I think you're right, I think having a big romantic moment in the end be the first time would have been amazing but there's one good thing about them struggling here- it wont be stretched out in another episode Maybe now that the big event is out of the way we will get another very romantic scene with them later in the season? How beautiful would that be?

And that scene with Jane and Xiomara almost made me emotional. There was something so real and raw about it and like you said, just so beautiful. It's a whole another part of Jane and what she was going through that we didn't even think about. I'm so glad the show decided to touch on that

ahhhhh GIFS!

I wrote this on my tumblr but it absolutely kills me that Michael still asks her and makes sure with her if she’s ready <3

“I love you…”

x
Old 10-31-2016, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
^Agreed and Agreed! I think you're right, I think having a big romantic moment in the end be the first time would have been amazing but there's one good thing about them struggling here- it wont be stretched out in another episode Maybe now that the big event is out of the way we will get another very romantic scene with them later in the season? How beautiful would that be?
This is true! We're going to get so many more amazing scenes for the rest of the season.

Yeah the Xo and Jane scene was a really nice touch -- it made me tear up a bit. I loved that they added that in because it kind of dealt with what the audience and Jane was all feeling.

Yeah I thought that scene was perfect I love that they both said they were nervous and loved each other. And of course, he asked if she was ready. They had a lot of really amazing kisses tonight

I also liked that scene with Jane in the kitchen and she is kind of talking to herself about how she's not a virgin anymore. I thought that was pretty realistic