Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Headhunter, thanks for the info, hopefully he does participate after the monster dunk he got last night. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

As for possibly T-mac joining, I don't see it since he is suffering from back spasms lately. I wouldn't mind seeing Vinsanity there though. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

(*~ Damn did I just say that..? ~* [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] )
Old 02-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
OutKast, Christina Aguilera, Furtado to Perform at All-Star

NEW YORK, Jan. 20 -- OutKast, hip-hop superstars who took home three Grammy Awards including Album of the Year, will perform during the All-Star player introductions featuring five-time Grammy Award nominee Christina Aguilera singing the U.S. national anthem and Canada native Nelly Furtado singing the Canadian anthem prior to the 2004 NBA All-Star Game at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles on Sunday, Feb. 15.

The 2004 NBA All-Star Game will be televised by TNT beginning at 8 p.m. ET in the U.S. to more than 800 million households in 212 countries.

OutKast will perform their hit songs "The Way You Move" and "Hey Ya” as part of the night's player introductions. Selling more than 14 million albums worldwide during their nine-year career, the Grammy Award-winning group has released their sixth and most recent album, SPEAKERBOXXX / THE LOVE BELOW, an unprecedented dual CD containing their own individual musical statements, which has stayed atop of the Billboard album charts since its release last fall.

Multiple Grammy Award-winner Christina Aguilera boasts one of the most powerful and distinctive voices of all time. Aguilera's latest album STRIPPED, which she co-wrote and co-produced, has already sold over 7.5 million worldwide while her self-titled debut album sold over 12 million copies worldwide.

As a three-time Grammy Award-nominee for her multi-platinum debut album WHOA, NELLY!, Furtado has become one of pop music's premiere artists. Her current album, FOLKLORE, was released in November 2003 and has already been certified Gold in the U.S. and Platinum in Canada.

The 53rd NBA All-Star Game will feature the top players from the Eastern and Western conferences going head to head. It is the culmination of a week of activities that will showcase the greatest athletes in the world playing basketball at the highest level on an international stage, and will display the league's deep commitment to its community.

- NBA.com
Can't wait for this weekend...especially to hear my girl Christina sing! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Katiebear:
<STRONG>

Oh good I thought I was alone I think he might've gone on vacation if he was gone wouldn't it have been bigger news?</STRONG>
yeah, the other guy was there before when Max wzs on vacation, I haven't been able to watch it, but it was on the big screen at work and I saw that it wasn't Max, his first gig is boxing, so he might be doing something with that, if in fact he isn't on vacation. Wilbon and Kornheiser will say off the top that the other is on vacation and poke fun at him.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

OH MY GOODNESSS, we have a trade.

Sheed and Wes Person to Atlanta
Reef, Theo Ratliff and Danny Dickou to Portland

Ok, i can see getting rid of 'Sheed, but Reef is alot like Zack Randolph, i have them both on my fantasy team, so that might hurt my team, i love reef, but i don't know how these guys can help Portland, other than additino by subtraction.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

I hope its vacation! I'm not watching w/o Max. I thought it was something permanent because when he covered before he was called "Stat boy" and now it's Tony I can't wait 'till we get Max back..
Old 02-10-2004, 05:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR:
<STRONG>I hope its vacation! I'm not watching w/o Max. I thought it was something permanent because when he covered before he was called "Stat boy" and now it's Tony I can't wait 'till we get Max back..</STRONG>
Max:"And from the Denver Post it's...WOODY PAIGE!" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2004, 07:18 AM
Total Fan

Good deal for Atlanta, not so much for Portland.

The Hawks end up getting a ton of expiring contractual money to go along with Terrell Brandon; I don't think any star free agent will sign there (i.e. Chicago), but they should be able to wrap something decent around Jason Terry. Had they went after Corey Maggette instead of Stephen Jackson, they'd be sniffing playoffs by now...

The Blazers ended up with solid citizen Abdur-Rahim, but; the man has never made the playoffs. For a power forward, he isn't a big rebounder or shot blocker. His contract is huge, and long. Ratliff at least fills a positional need and isn't a long-term investment, but that's more money towards the cap; the short term relief for Wallace is gone.

They may have been better off getting Van Exel and Dampier from the Golden State Warriors; ship Van Exel off to Dallas for anything except contracts (2nd round pick, whatever), and use Dampier to man the 5 for a half-hearted playoff run (like the Celtics).

Also, here's the article on LeBron dunking: LeBron May Change Mind on Dunk Contest.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony:
<STRONG>

Max:"And from the Denver Post it's...WOODY PAIGE!" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Awww, now you're going to make me cry [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

I miss that [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2004, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Headhunter, thanks for posting that article on Lebron. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Big game by Garnett last night...w/ 31 points and 16 rebounds. His shoe even came off when he got a monster dunk! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Bulls had a surge in the first quarter last night and looked like they might beat the Pacers again, but Indy came back. Strange to see Antonio Davis in a Bulls uniform.
Nice to see Freddy Jones get in a couple of "practice" slam dunks. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2004, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony:
<STRONG>

Max:"And from the Denver Post it's...WOODY PAIGE!" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Hey Max,I've been saving up, i can almost afford a night with your mother

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Actually, Portland Made out like bandits in the trade, i'm just concerned that everyone plays the same position. And the one stat i heard last night, sorta freaked me out, they mentioned how Ratliff lead the league in blocked shots,.... which is good, but also mentioned how Randolph and 'Reef are 1-2 inthe league in having their shots blocked [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Small inside guys. Gah! I love 'Reef, he's in my top ten favs. I agree with picking up Van Exel, i'd have loved that, seeing my fav pl\ayer playing fo rmy fav "team"
Old 02-11-2004, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Jay-Z Nets a Hoops Team

A group of investors that includes Jay-Z has completed the purchase of the NBA's New Jersey Nets for $300 million. The buyers, lead by developer Bruce Ratner, hope to relocate the team to Brooklyn, New York, which has been without a professional sports team since Major League Baseball's Dodgers left for Los Angeles in 1957.

"Basketball and entertainment go hand in hand in the hood," Jay-Z told Rolling Stone. "I grew up playing basketball, and now some kid in Brooklyn can grow up thinking he's a Net, if everything goes the way it's supposed to."

The rapper has been a regular courtside presence at both Nets and New York Knicks games, but he used to root for a Philadelphia 76er. "When I was young, my pops had an Afro and thought he was Dr. J," Jay-Z said, "so I actually grew up a Dr. J fan."

The Nets began as the New Jersey Americans of the American Basketball Association in 1967. The team played in various locales in both New Jersey and New York before settling in East Rutherford, New Jersey, in 1981. Despite two consecutive Eastern Conference championships, the Nets have been plagued by poor attendance figures, prompting the sale and relocation plan.

This should be interesting...Jay Z...Brooklyn Nets. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just thought I'd post this. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Rockets Run Down Lakers

HOUSTON, Feb. 11 (Ticker) -- Yao Ming outplayed Shaquille O'Neal and ruined Kobe Bryant's return to the lineup.

Yao scored 15 of his 29 points in the fourth quarter and grabbed 11 rebounds to help the Houston Rockets to a 102-87 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers.

"We played as a team tonight," Yao said through an interpreter. "Everybody played together and we had great chemistry on the floor. At least for one day, they couldn't guard just one or two of us."

Elected over O'Neal as the starting center on the Western Conference All-Star team for the second straight year, Yao made 10-of-21 shots and 9-of-11 free throws.

"He's a good player," said O'Neal, who was called for five fouls in the final period. "He made the shots, but he got the whistles, too. He's a big guy and has a soft touch, but I don't think he ever will be able to play me 1-on-1. Ever, ever, ever."

Yao got a little help from his teammates as Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley added 21 points apiece. Mobley also had a season-high 10 assists to help Houston rebound from Monday's 85-82 home loss to San Antonio.

The Lakers had a hard time containing Francis and Mobley. Francis shot 9-of-11 from the field while Mobley hit 7-of-12.

"We passed the ball on top and got quality shots," Francis said. "I don't think I've ever seen Cuttino pass the ball like that."

O'Neal had 24 points and nine rebounds for the Lakers before fouling out with 3:20 to go. Gary Payton added 19 points as Los Angeles had its two-game winning streak snapped and finished 4-3 on its longest road trip of the season.

Bryant returned to the lineup after missing seven games with a cut on his right index finger and finished with 14 points.

"My hand feels pretty good," Bryant said. "It's a little tender. It was a nasty cut but it's been healing pretty well. I'm going to keep some tape around it, but I don't think it will be an adjustment. I think it will be fine."

Houston opened the fourth period with a 12-4 run to build an 85-69 lead with 8:27 remaining. The Lakers got no closer than 12 points thereafter.

Steve Francis hit two free throws after receiving a flagrant foul from O'Neal to cap the run.

Yao's offensive aggression played a major role in O'Neal's disqualification. But the second-year player also struggled with foul trouble and finished with five fouls.

"I think you have to make adjustments throughout the game if you're playing against the best player in the league," Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy said. "I thought Yao did that well. He went to his jump hook so he could protect the ball a little more."

Houston won the first meeting between the teams, a 99-87 victory at Staples Center on Christmas. Matchups between the teams have been billed as duels between O'Neal and Yao.

The 7-1 O'Neal has been the most dominant center in recent years while the 7-5 Yao has been looked upon as the heir apparent.

The game was tied, 54-54, with 6:45 left in the third quarter. But Houston went on a 17-6 run over the next three minutes to build a 71-60 lead.
Shaq daddy even got fouled out. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I was watching that. Awesome.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] All Star break [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

No games for awhile......
Closed Thread   Post New Thread