Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2017, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They really are. My favorite is her gummy Spooky Sour. The sour ones really aren't sour.

That's great. It's so nice to see her climbing back up the rankings.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Ms Cyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

no, they're just right I like flirty and silly sour the most

Maria's through to the semis after a solid win today she'll play Peng tomorrow

JoJoF92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yummy those sounds good.

Maria won her first title in 2 years!!
Old 10-16-2017, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

yes she did!!! gosh, it's been so long the 2nd set tie-break felt like it would never end it was a tough final but she made it!

she's also 57th in the world right now

she's already in Moscow playing the Kremlin Cup the first time since 2007 hope she gets a great result at home as well

Old 10-16-2017, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm very proud of Maria for winning her first title in a couple of years. It was due to happen, especially with the steady improvement she has shown lately and i'm glad that it happened this past weekend. Hopefully she can keep it going this week in Moscow.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:48 AM
MST Manager

Congrats to Maria!
Old 10-16-2017, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was a huge win for her. I'm so happy she won a title.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sure that it means a great deal for her and for us too even though it was a small tournament but since she was still unseeded she had to face tough opponents from the get-go, so it wasn't an easy one either

Old 10-18-2017, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

so, Maria's run in Moscow didn't last long as she lost in the first round, but she's played a whole week at the last tourney and this one started right after it's obviously not the result she wanted in front of the home crowd but hopefully she'll pay a visit to them more often now

this concludes Maria's 2017 season but she's achieved so much in her difficult comeback year. we've got to witness some great moments, and the next season is definitely looking bright right now

Old 10-18-2017, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That sucks that her stay didn't last longer but understandable since she played a tournament last week. I can see the fans were thrilled to see her there.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

of course, she's their pride and she rarely gets to play there so when she does it's a pretty big event

since the tourney ended early for her, she got to spend some quiet time in her hometown in Sochi

Old 10-23-2017, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw she looks beautiful. I'm sure she had a good time.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I apologize for my lateness in giving my thoughts about Maria's recent activities.

First of all, I'm disappointed that she had an early exit in Moscow. However I had a feeling that the quick turnaround from Tianjin would be pretty tough for her.

As for my thoughts on how the year went, obviously Maria had some adversity early on with some injuries, but she did a great job of coming back strong in the second half with that great run at the U.S. Open and winning the title at Tianjin. Those great runs were absolutely huge not only because it helped get Maria's ranking back up, but also were big confidence booster for her.

Looking ahead to next year, I'm sure Maria is taking it easy right now and will probably do an exhibition match or two at least before eventually getting to work with the team to start game planning for next year. I really think that Maria is still capable of winning some more Grand Slams. Her great run at the U.S. Open certainly showed that she's capable of it and she is very motivated to win more after being out for a while. If she can sharpen some areas in her game (i.e. improving her conditioning), then her chances would be improved. Plus some of the younger stars in the top 10 like Karolina Pliskova and Simona Halep hasn't exactly set the world on fire and as we've saw at the U.S. Open, Maria can beat them, especially given her experience.

I hope that Maria will have a good off-season and come back even stronger next year.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

the early loss in Moscow sure wasn't the end of her season we were dreaming of, but her first title in 2 years had been just 2 days before that so we better remember that instead

I have high hopes for the upcoming season. hopefully Maria can stay as injury-free as possible and get some good results. like you said, the top 10 is full of youngsters who aren't exactly unbeatable, and they come and go all the time so she's got a good chance at the slams too Serena might come back as early as AO next year, as I've heard, so that could complicate things but she's been out for a while too, and would probably be somewhat rusty at the beginning. but it's better just to concentrate on Maria's own game for now since we got no control over the rest.

some update on Maria's life right now. she visited Puerto Rico yesterday with Monica Puig and has done some charity work there, visiting hospitals and handing out supplies

Old 10-24-2017, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw that Maria was in Puerto Rico with Monica Puig. It's so great that she's helping the people there.
Reply   Post New Thread