Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2017, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I totally get that. It drives me crazy.

No I definitely wasn't the only one who got up early. It was the #1 trending topic on Twitter in the US. I'm lucky I live on the East coast and it was 7 am when the game started. On the west coast it started at 4 am.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Old 12-31-2017, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Me too and I get so depressed which might last for days.

Wow, that's awesome it was the #1 trending topic! It's so cool it's such a popular match around the world. And yeah, you were definitely luckier than the people on the West coast. For me it was a reasonable hour too (2 pm). The reason it was so early was to accommodate Asian fans. But in the end some people still end up having to get up in the crack of dawn or in the middle of the night.

So I got back to watching games this weekend. I watched two Premier League matches, Manchester United vs. Southampton and Crystal Palace vs. Manchester City. I'm glad I did because they were both exciting games! It felt good to watch football again.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah unfortunately so many people want to watch El Clasico that it would be impossible to accommodate everyone.

There was lots of Premier league soccer on the past few days. I can't believe Crystal Palace missed that penalty shot.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah it's gonna be night somewhere in the world.

There was, they keep 'em busy in PL! I didn't have a chance to watch any matches on New Year's Day which was a bit of bummer. And yeah, wasn't it? Imagine if Crystal Palace had got it in and been the first team to beat Man City. That would have been pretty awesome. But they played really well anyway, it was a great game.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I didn't get to watch the matches on New year's either. Though the Premier league race is over. No way anyone is catching Man city.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah it is definitely over, Man City will not start sucking so badly as to lose that lead. Actually all the big European leagues are pretty much done deals except Serie A where the race is still on.

But Premier League is still really entertaining to watch, especially as a neutral. I watched Arsenal vs. Chelsea yesterday, it was wild. I’ve enjoyed so much the last three PL matches I’ve watched in the last few days.

I would’ve watched Tottenham vs. West Ham right now, but Real Madrid is playing in Copa del Rey so of course I’m watching that.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Are the European leagues usually pretty much decided this early? I only follow La Liga and the Premier League so I don't know what is going on there.

Isn't the transfer window open now?
Old 01-07-2018, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don’t follow them all so I’m not sure but I think there’s usually not much competition in the German and French leagues. I don’t think Premier League and La Liga are usually decided this early (last season Chelsea secured the league a couple of rounds before the end). It’s kinda boring but the other teams should have performed better I guess. I may have to watch some Serie A for some excitement.

It is. Big news already with Coutinho going to Barca. (I wish Real Madrid would make some big signings but they probably won’t unfortunately...)

Big news in the FA Cup with Arsenal getting eliminated. Apparently they have never been eliminated this early when Wenger’s been the manager. I’m not even a fan and I could feel the pain watching that match. Wonder what will happen to Wenger if they fail to win anything or get a CL spot this season.

Another awesome game was Sevilla vs. Real Betis in La Liga yesterday. It ended 3-5, it was wild!

I’m watching Celta Vigo vs. Real Madrid right now. Celta scored first as and I was expecting Real to lose their will to live as usual but thank goodness for Gareth Bale being back and scoring a brace so it’s 1-2 at halftime. I just hope Real can manage a win here, we all desperately need a good performance.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I figured that La Liga and the Premier League aren't decided so early.

Yes I heard that Barcelona signed Coutinho. That was huge news even here.

I have no idea what Arsenal will do they've been trying to get Wegner fired for quite some time now.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:53 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Freaking refs robbed Southampton of a win today. So frustrating & they need every point they can get to somehow prevent themselves from being relegated this year. Too bad instant replay isn't available for situations like this. Oh well. Theya re only 5 points behind 10th place Watford though.

Watford 2 Southampton 2: Abdoulaye Doucoure's blatant handball denies Saints first win in 10 matches
Old 01-14-2018, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Cyatt (View Post)
Yeah I figured that La Liga and the Premier League aren't decided so early.

Yes I heard that Barcelona signed Coutinho. That was huge news even here.

I have no idea what Arsenal will do they've been trying to get Wegner fired for quite some time now.
This is a boring year for everyone else than Barca's and Man City's fans. xD

They've wanted him since last summer. One of the commentators here said it best, what Barca wants, Barca gets.

The end of the road might be closer than ever for Wenger. They took another loss today after leading the match 1-0. I just feel bad for them because I think I know how that feels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Freaking refs robbed Southampton of a win today. So frustrating & they need every point they can get to somehow prevent themselves from being relegated this year. Too bad instant replay isn't available for situations like this. Oh well. Theya re only 5 points behind 10th place Watford though.

Watford 2 Southampton 2: Abdoulaye Doucoure's blatant handball denies Saints first win in 10 matches
I didn't watch that game, but wow, that seems to be a blatant handball and he even scored with it. They should really implement VAR in all the major leagues, at least when it's about goals. Hopefully Southampton can avoid being relegated.

I watched the Liverpool vs. Man City game today. Man City's first defeat of the season! It was a great game, I was very impressed with Liverpool. Wondering if I should become a Liverpool fan. xD

Seriously speaking though, Real Madrid is breaking my heart. Another match where they weren't capable of finishing their chances and then Villareal won with the lucky late goal (they were not the better team). This is an actual crisis. At this rate we're lucky if we finish 4th in La Liga which would mean an entry to the Champions League. I am very worried about the Champions League this season, we have no chance against PSG playing like this. And we might end up screwing up Copa del Rey too even though we got a relatively "easy" opponent for the last 8, but this season has made it painfully clear no team is an easy opponent for Real Madrid.

Something needs to happen, I hope some good signings in this transfer window and a change in tactics and the team's confidence, but hopefully it won't be a change in the manager and an even steeper downhill...
Old 01-16-2018, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was shocked to see that Real lost. I saw people were talking about getting rid of the manager. What happened before the season started they were favored to win this I'm confused by this. I thought Barca and Real are usually fighting it out to win La Liga.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:13 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Way to go Liverpool! What a a win vs. M.C.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was a great win. Got a little tight at the end.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I was shocked to see that Real lost. I saw people were talking about getting rid of the manager. What happened before the season started they were favored to win this I'm confused by this. I thought Barca and Real are usually fighting it out to win La Liga.
It doesn't even shock me anymore. I have no idea what happened after August when they dominated the UEFA and Spanish Super Cups. It's like they all lost their ability to play football. They for sure have lost their confidence. Now the only goal in La Liga is to stay in the top 4 and that seems to be a struggle too. I just hope they don't get rid of Zidane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Way to go Liverpool! What a a win vs. M.C.
That was a great match! Very impressive performance from Liverpool which ended Man City's unbeatable run.

Quote:
It was a great win. Got a little tight at the end.
Yeah it did, but Man City started it a little too late. But it made the match even more exciting for sure.

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 01-20-2018 at 07:17 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread