Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2016, 10:28 AM
MST Manager

That interesting.

As much as I love sports, there are a few of them that cannot hold my attention.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

list them!!!
GardenSirens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:33 AM
MST Manager

Golf
Baseball (although I did enjoy a game at CitiField)
Hockey (although I love a live Devils game)
Car racing
Horse racing
Soccer (although I watch the World Cup)

There are a few more. I'll have to think of them.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
Golf
Baseball (although I did enjoy a game at CitiField)
Hockey (although I love a live Devils game)
Car racing
Horse racing
Soccer (although I watch the World Cup)

There are a few more. I'll have to think of them.
:sings: those are a few of my favorite things!
Old 07-25-2016, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Stephen A. Smith buries ghost of Skip Bayless: 'He's gone. It's my reign now' | Other Sports | Sporting News
Quote:
Stephen A. Smith buries ghost of Skip Bayless: 'He's gone. It's my reign now'

I'm not sure if Stephen A. Smith gets his performing inspiration from pro wrestling — or Imperial Rome.

Because with Skip Bayless now a memory on ESPN2's "First Take," the controversial Smith has declared: "It's my my reign now."

Smith took to Facebook Live Sunday to tout the return of "First Take" with new sparring partner Max Kellerman and co-host Molly Qerim (Monday, 10 a.m. ET).

He graciously praised Bayless as a friend and colleague. But Smith noted that in his mind, it was always Bayless' show — even as the duo turned "First Take" into the biggest hit on ESPN2.

Now it's his show, declared Smith, who buried the ghost of Bayless while praising him.

“He’s gone. It's my reign now. With Max. With Molly. And we're not going to hesitate to bring it," declared Smith. "We're not running from anything. We are going to make it happen. We are going to do what we've been doing. And we are going to strive to take it to another level."

Here's the video if you want to take a look.

It's a fun rant as only he can do it. An imperious Smith declares the new reign of "Stephen A. The First" around the four-minute mark.

If you don't believe that things will change on the new "First Take," Smith mercifully promised to do away with the hobby horses that Bayless rode for years.

"Let me be very clear when I say this to you. You ain’t going to hear about LeBron (James) every day. You ain't going to hear about Johnny Manziel every day. You ain't going to hear about Tim Tebow every day. My man Skip loved those people. And I love him for it. But dammit, that’s not who I love."

With Kellerman an expert on boxing, look for more boxing debates on the show, Smith said.

Bayless, meanwhile, will likely premiere his new show on FS1 this fall.

Shannon Sharpe, the former "NFL Today" analyst at CBS Sports, is in line to become Bayless' new Stephen A. Smith, said sources with knowledge of the show.
Max Kellerman to Replace Skip Bayless on ESPN's 'First Take'
Quote:
Veteran sports commentator has carved out a niche as one of the nation’s premier boxing experts

Max Kellerman will permanently replace Skip Bayless as the “First Take” co-host who will debate Stephen A. Smith on a daily basis starting on July 25.

The announcement was made during Monday’s edition of the show. “Oh, it’s going down,” Kellerman said about his new gig before immediately being asked for a hot take on Kevin Durant. Kellerman’s last day as co-host of “SportsNation” will be July 15, and he will also walk away from his role on ESPN Radio’s “Max & Marcellus” on 710AM in Los Angeles.

“I’m thrilled to join the excellent team at ‘First Take,'” Kellerman said. “Years back, on-the-air and in the hallways of ESPN Radio New York, Stephen A. and I would engage in detailed and thoughtful discussions on sports and every other topic you can imagine. To do that again, now for the ‘First Take’ audience, is going to be a lot of fun.”

Kellerman was the original host of ESPN’s “Around the Horn” and has carved out a niche as one of the nation’s premier boxing commentators. He most recently co-hosted ESPN’s “SportsNation” with Michelle Beadle and Marcellus Wiley. He’s also a prominent member of HBO’s boxing coverage team.

The show displayed a pre-written message from Smith, saying that he is “ecstatic” to have Kellerman aboard.

“We’ve known one another for years. We worked at ESPN New York together and we both love our boxing. More importantly, Max is smart, quick on his feet and is never – ever – afraid to go at anyone,” Smith said. “Just the kind of partner I wanted.”

Kellerman has also had stints on MSNBC, Spike TV, CNN and Fox Sports during his career. The New York native moved to Los Angeles for “SportsNation” but will relocate back to the East Coast where “First Take” is filmed at ESPN headquarters in Bristol, Connecticut.
“Whether you’ve seen Max on ‘SportsNation,’ boxing coverage or heard him on radio, you know his passion and sports knowledge break through the clutter with smart opinions and lively debate. We are confident that the chemistry on the set will make for a compelling commentary with Stephen A. and Molly,” ESPN executive V.P. of production Norby Williamson said.

Last month, former ESPN employee Colin Cowherd hinted that Kellerman was close to landing the gig. During a Periscope session, Cowherd was asked about “SportsNation,” the show he used to co-host with Beadle.

“Michelle Beadle’s a friend,” Cowherd said. “Max Kellerman’s leaving that show, he’s gonna be on ‘First Take.’ Yeah, it’s a done deal. Well, pretty much.”

Beadle tweeted on Monday that she is taking the day off to celebrate the career of Tim Duncan, but Cowherd hinted that she is upset that Kellerman is leaving “SportsNation.”

Bayless left ESPN’s “First Take” to take a gig at Fox Sports. Smith promised at ESPN’s Upfront presentation in May that the show will be “even better” without his longtime co-host
“I’m thrilled that Max will join us and am very excited for the next chapter,” moderator Molly Qerim said.

The schedule for the remainder of the week on “First Take” has been set, with a variety of ESPN Radio personalities filling in for Bayless and Smith, who is on vacation.
Steve Mason and John Ireland co-hosted the show on Monday, while Tom Waddle and Marc Silverman will embrace debate on Tuesday. Peter Rosenberg, Don La Greca and Rick DiPietro will appear on Wednesday, with Freddie Coleman and Bomani Jones taking over on Thursday. The week will end with Jalen Rose and David Jacoby serving as guest co-hosts on Friday.

Twitter exploded with sexism in June when ESPN used an all-female panel to replace Smith and Bayless.

“First Take” airs from 10 a.m. to Noon ET every weekday on ESPN2.

Last edited by CityGal; 07-25-2016 at 10:17 AM
CityGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Does anyone here think that ABC should show more NFL games? They only showed one NFL playoff game last season. I think that ABC is better than ESPN.
Joseph1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
Golf...I can't watch golf.
My husband loves to watch golf on tv.

~~~
I would be perfectly happy if ABC aired more NFL games.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Cadenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

i watch golf on tv al the time!
Old 01-03-2017, 09:13 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph1 (View Post)
Does anyone here think that ABC should show more NFL games? They only showed one NFL playoff game last season. I think that ABC is better than ESPN.
So late with this, but YES! They need to show more NFL playoff games.
Old 07-21-2022, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I miss ABC free tv Monday night football
Things got worse.... Amazon Prime owns the rights to NFL Thursday night games... I don't think the NFL Network has rights anymore to show game Thursday nights...hope I'm wrong
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 07:14 PM
MST Manager

The announcers for the Thursday Night Games are the worse!
Old 07-22-2022, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Nikki...no....people would prefer it being on Fox and nfl network... now I think Amazon Prime which cost 10 bucks a month ...people would rather NOT pay that if they don't shop at Amazon actively
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread