Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2011, 01:47 PM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

Some big ratings news over the week. The NBA, the NHL and UEFA Champions League all registered large increases in the United States.

NHL Stanley Cup Finals, Game 1: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...2-years/94508/

NBA Finals, Game 1: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ce-2004/94501/

Champions League Final between Barcelona and Manchester United: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...st-year/94479/

On Saturday and Sunday (June 4-5), NBC, Universal Sports and Versus will present the 2011 edition of USA 7s Collegiate Rugby Championship. 16 teams will compete at PPL Park near Philadelphia, including last year's finalists, University of Utah and University of California at Berkeley.

Rugby sevens championships to get plenty of TV exposure | Philadelphia Inquirer | 06/02/2011
NBC, Cable Siblings Gear up for Rugby Action - 2011-06-02 18:16:53 | Broadcasting & Cable

Movietime Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:40 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the information.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

NBC and Comcast have re-upped with the International Olympic Committee for more Olympic Games through 2020. Having already the rights to the Summer Olympic Games in 2012, NBC and Comcast will pay the IOC $4.3 billion for the rights to air the Winter Olympics in 2014, the Summer Olympics in 2016, the Winter Olympics in 2018 and the Summer Olympics in 2020.

Mark Lazarus, the new head of NBC Sports, has promised that NBC will start airing more live events "on one platform or another", departing from the position of former Sports boss Dick Ebersol, who preferred to tape delay major events for NBC primetime.

Articles: Comcast wins Olympics coverage through 2020 | Philadelphia Inquirer | 06/08/2011
Comcast Wins TV Rights For Olympics
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/08/sp...-olympics.html

Official announcement from the IOC: Media

Old 06-08-2011, 07:36 PM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Big news on the cable sports front today. NBC Sports announced that Versus is going to change its name to "NBC Sports Network" on January 2, 2012. The date was chosen to take advantage of several events NBC has planned for that month, include the 2012 NHL Winter Classic, the NFL Wild Card playoff games and the Super Bowl on Feb. 5, 2012.

Press release: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...network/99377/

Old 08-01-2011, 05:41 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

So, the new NBC Sports Network announced Wednesday that they have acquired the rights to MLS matches, starting in 2012 and lasting through 2014. The deal will replace the deal currently between MLS and Fox Soccer Channel.

MLS, NBC announce three-year broadcast deal

45 MLS and 4 USMNT matches to appear on NBC and new NBC Sports Network

Read more: MLS, NBC announce three-year broadcast deal | MLSsoccer.com

Old 08-14-2011, 08:16 PM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

Big news on the Mixed Martial Arts front today. UFC announced that they have signed a deal for seven or eight years with the Fox Sports Media Group. Rumors tag the money as $90 million a year. Programs like The Ultimate Fighter will migrate to FX at the start of the new deal. The Fox network will air at least 4 UFC events every year under the deal, as well.

More details in this press release: FOX Sports Media Group Reaches Multi-Year, Multi-Media Rights Agreement with Ultimate Fighting Championship - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

Meanwhile, NBC and the NHL released the TV schedule for hockey games to be aired on either NBC or Versus/NBC Sports Network. Combined with the NHL Network, up to 178 national games could be aired.

More here: NHL 2011-12 TV Schedule on NBC and Versus: 100 Regular Season NHL Games to Air in 2011-12 Under New 10 Year Pact - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

Old 08-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Elite Fan

NBC announced today that all events at next Olympics will be aired live "in one form or another" during a press conference in which Dick Ebersol is re-joining NBC Sports only as a special advisor, overseeing Sunday Night Football and the production of the Olympics. Ebersol will work again with Today Show producer Jim Bell.

Ebersol to Rejoin NBC Sports as a Senior Adviser - NYTimes.com

All events live in some form for Olympics on NBC - Forbes.com

Old 09-01-2011, 07:27 PM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

Stunning news on the US TV rights to the FIFA World Cup. Earlier today, FIFA announced that News Corp (parent company of FOX) has won the English-language bid for the 2018 and 2022 editions. This contract also will cover the Women's World Cups of 2015 and 2019, as well as the U-17 and U-20 Youth Cups during the 2015-2022 period.

Telemundo Media, under the control of NBCUniversal, won the bid for the Spanish-language coverage of the same. Futbol de Primera will air the Spanish radio coverage.

FIFA.com - FIFA awards US TV Rights for 2015-2022
Fox, Telemundo Get US World Cup Rights - ABC News
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/22/sp...orld-cups.html
Lots of questions about Fox's World Cup coup - Grant Wahl - SI.com
Fox wins English-language US TV rights for 2018, 2022 World Cups, outbidding ESPN and NBC - 10/21/2011 6:15:48 PM | Newser
Fox, Telemundo land TV rights for 2018, '22 World Cups - Houston Chronicle
Fox and Telemundo score World Cup rights - latimes.com
Fox, Telemundo outbid ESPN, NBC for World Cup TV rights - World Cup Soccer - CBSSports.com
Fox, Telemundo Get World Cup Rights - WSJ.com
Official: Telemundo Lands FIFA World Cup Soccer - The Hollywood Reporter
NBCUniversal’s Telemundo Acquires Exclusive Spanish Language U.S. Media Rights To FIFA World Cup Soccer from 2015 Through 2022 | EON: Enhanced Online News
Fox, Telemundo Upset Winners in World Cup - 2011-10-21 21:47:08 | Broadcasting & Cable

Old 11-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

Hockey news. First, the NHL has signed several agreements to allow countries in Europe, Africa and the Middle East to air hockey games starting this month. This article gives more details:

SBD: NHL signs international media-rights deals covering Europe, Africa - NHL - Sporting News

The NBC Sports Network will start airing, along with CBS Sports Network, games from Hockey East college hockey. More details in this article:

NBC Sports Network will carry 16 college hockey games this season | ProHockeyTalk

On November 6, NBC will air the annual NYC Marathon. More details here:

NYC Marathon 2011 Coverage: TV, Live Online Streaming & App

Finally, Viacom and Bellator have announced that they are going in business together as Spike TV will replace MMA programming that they once had with UFC. Spike will air Bellator programming starting in 2013.

Viacom buys Bellator, plans 2013 start on Spike

Old 11-04-2011, 01:47 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news/updates.