Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

Letting you know that Versus will change its name to the NBC Sports Network in January 2, 2012. Here's a promo from NBC on the name change:

Also, it's now a week old but the NFL has signed a major 10-year with the networks of NBC, CBS and Fox to continue carrying games until 2021, as well as an extension with ESPN to continue the Monday Night Football show. Here's a new article on the big news:

NFL, networks win in extended rights deal - Richard Deitsch - SI.com

Movietime Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:36 AM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

For the first time in memory, every playoff game in the NHL Stanley Cup will be aired on a national channel. NBC Universal is going to use the following channels: NBC, NBC Sports Network, CNBC and NHL Network. Here's the press release from the NHL:

NHL Announces Conference Quarterfinal Playoff Schedule - Fang's Bites

Stanley Cup playoff schedule: 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs Quarterfinals Schedule - NHL.com - The Stanley Cup

Old 06-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Elite Fan

This sort of fits here, as it involves the media.

Mark Cuban owning Skip Bayless and his trolling:

-Bianca- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:10 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the video link.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:36 AM
Elite Fan

Hey, for anyone who is planning on watching the Olympics on either of the NBC networks, here's a press release on the first five days of competition from NBCU. Please note that there will be games in soccer on the 25th and 26th, before the Opening Ceremony. So keep that info for when you want to check out an event.

PR: NBC Sports Press Release

For an easier reading, an alternate link: NBCUniversal’s Olympic Programming Schedule From July 25 Through July 29 - Fang's Bites

On the same topic, I got an notice from my cable company that they'll add the Specialty Basketball and Soccer channels on the 28th. Since there won't be anything but soccer on the 25th and 26th, NBCSN and MSNBC should be enough to cover anything you want to watch.

The other big news is obviously Erin Andrews leaving ESPN to join Fox Sports, starting this month. Her first assignment will be during the upcoming MLB All-Star Game in Kansas City.

Article on her switch from Sports Illustrated: Erin Andrews hired by Fox Sports after ESPN contract expires - Richard Deitsch - SI.com

Old 07-09-2012, 06:17 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the information.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Elite Fan

Since we're in the middle of the Olympics I thought I would bring some information about the ratings from the first three days.

Ratings information from the first (official) three days of the competition so far:

Monday Primetime Gives NBC First Olympics Ratings Drop Compared To Beijing - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal | SportsBusiness Daily Global

Mark Lazarus giving his reaction to the tweets critical of NBC's handling of the Games:

NBC's Lazarus Defends Decision To Show Top Sports On Tape-Delay In Primetime - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal | SportsBusiness Daily Global

Finally, some good numbers for the Olympics coverage on the NBC Sports Network:

http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/...story-20120731

Last edited by Movietime Blues; 08-01-2012 at 02:00 AM
Old 08-01-2012, 07:36 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the information.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Elite Fan

Big news for US fans of the English Premier League. NBC Universal has bought the rights to show EPL for the next three years, starting with the 2013-14 season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...eal/index.html
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2...r-league-news/

It is a very interesting development and one, sure, to create some initial confusion among many sports fans in general.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:37 AM
MST Manager

Thanks.

Just bumping this up.

Old 03-26-2016, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the title!
Old 03-27-2016, 05:54 PM
MST Manager

Isn't it great?
Old 03-29-2016, 10:33 AM