Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I agree Lindsay A female villain could be so much fun
Old 02-08-2016, 10:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

Lari - exacty. I liked that

oh a female villain. yes please - i love female villains .. obviously

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 02-08-2016, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I would absolutely love having a female villain next!

And yes I love that they didn't only make her female, but a lesbian too. Extra awesome.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
So true. There are more female characters on this show as compared to say DD. In fact, I'm all for a female villain in S2. BRING IT.
Would love a female villain!

emptyMERMAID: there is a female "Spider-Man" her name is "Silk". I'll post a pic when I return home.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:54 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I had no idea there was a female spider-man! I would love to see pics. They really need to promote her a lot more.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:15 AM
Moderator Manager

There is a female Spider-Man? Why are we just getting the male version?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Entire article at link, but I excerpted the portion related to "Silk".

https://crapthatpissesthisoldmanoff....-peter-parker/
Quote:
SILK – MARVEL FINALLY REVAMPS SPIDER-MAN WITHOUT KILLING OFF PETER PARKER!!

...But it is in Issue #4, during a stint with the Avengers (Battling the creatures that killed the Watcher in part of the Original Sin storyline) that Peter learns that another person had been bitten by the radioactive spider that day. A young girl named Cindy Moon. Cindy was taken by the man known as Ezekiel to be trained and then hidden away for her own protection. Lest the hunter known as Morlun find her. Parker frees Cindy and together they find that they share not only the spider powers but a strong and powerful attraction to one another.

And as they meet, Morlun awakens.

This story arc is actually a pretty good one. Besides we haven’t seen a real fresh player in the Marvel Universe for some time now. Yes there is a new Thor. But honestly, making Thor a woman is so much pandering to the current social trends than it is in creating a true new character. The Falcon becoming Captain America. Now that one I like, not because we now have Black Captain America, but anyone who has followed the Captain America Universe knows, there really was no other choice. It was a good choice. It was the right choice.

But this is about Silk. A female Spider-man. With all the powers and abilities. And with this overwhelming physical attraction that kicks in whenever they are near one another. It is obvious that Cindy Moon expects to be equal and should be to Spidey, not some trendy new sidekick. Her abilities as Silk are untested but should be pretty strong as she was trained by Ezekiel. They will have to be with Morlun coming on the prowl.

An unexpected twist to this storyline is the Black Cat, Felicia Hardy. She was humiliated by the Doc Ock/Spidey is out for major revenge. I look to see her step up into a more powerful villain role. She has been wavering between a good guy and bad guy persona for way too long and needs to step over to the dark side. It is a little disheartening to see the exact same thing happening in the DC Universe with Catwoman. But I have always felt that the Black Cat has never really gotten her due as a super villain in the Marvel mythos of Spider-man.

But the major news of this storyline is Silk and if early indicators of this comic are anything to judge it by. She is going to become a fan favorite very soon.

This looks to be an exciting and fun addition to the Marvel Universe
Cover

Old 02-09-2016, 04:21 AM
Addicted Fan

CityGal: That is really cool! I had absolutely no idea this character existed. They should make a TV show or movie

Quote:
But honestly, making Thor a woman
Also didn't know they did that
Old 02-09-2016, 05:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

wow i didnt know that either. that is supercool. i would love to see a movie or show about her

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 02-09-2016, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah Silk is awesome! And there also is an actual Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew. It really is too bad that only Peter Parker is known to the general public.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyMERMAiD (View Post)
CityGal: That is really cool! I had absolutely no idea this character existed. They should make a TV show or movie

Also didn't know they did that
Yep, about a year ago. I posted this news article on the C&C board last year. Female Thor surprised the industry as her comics were actually selling beyond expectation. She was beating him in sales.

Plus Marvel on recently released the identity of the Female Thor.

Female Thor beating male Thor in Marvel Comics figures, proving that women do sell - News - Books - The Independent
Quote:
Marvel Comics’ new female Thor is proving that women can outsell men by shifting more copies than those featuring the male version of the Norse Go

The popular comic was rebooted for a female edition in October, with the eighth issue currently in the pipeline.

Marvel’s move to attract more female fans to the franchise received a mixed reaction but now, comparison figures released by comics research website ComiChron show that it is enjoying significant commercial success.

The first four female Thor comics have been selling more than the last four male ones from 2012 by almost 20,000 copies per month, not including digital.

New Thor sold 150,862 copies when it debuted in October last year, compared to the 110,443 copies sold of the first original version two years ago.

“This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is Thor. This is the Thor of the Marvel Universe. But it’s unlike any Thor we’ve ever seen before,” said Jason Aaron, series writer, last summer.

“This inscription on Thor’s hammer reads, ‘Whoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor’. Well it’s time to update that inscription,” added Will Moss, Marvel editor.

The new female incarnation of Thor is here to stay, Marvel has revealed The new female incarnation of Thor is proving a success “The new Thor continues Marvel’s proud tradition of strong female characters like Captain Marvel, Storm, Black Widow and more.”

Marvel said in a statement on its website that it hopes female Thor will “speak directly to an audience that long was not the target for superhero comic books in America: women and girls”.

Writers are promising to reveal the identity of female Thor, depicted with long blonde hair, metal armour and a red cape, in the May issue of the comic.
Female Thor: Marvel reveals secret identity | EW.com
Quote:
The secret identity of the Female Thor is...

While Marvel Studios’ Avengers have been tearing up the big screen, Marvel Comics’ Avengers have been getting a facelift. That’s especially true of Thor, the Asgardian God of Thunder—who became a Goddess of Thunder late last year in a rebooted Thor #1. To be clear, Thor was replaced by a woman, and the first seven issues of the new series kept that woman’s actual identity a mystery.

But on Wednesday, Marvel will reveal the new Thor’s secret identity in Thor #8. And thanks to beloved comics fanzine The New York Times, we already know what that secret identity is. SPOILER ALERT IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW THAT IDENTITY!

It turns out that the new Thor is a longtime Thor supporting character: Jane Foster, who originally appeared way back in 1962, as the nurse sidekick/love interest to Dr. Donald Blake, originally Thor’s alter ego. The character has appeared sporadically since the ’70s. At some point in the comics continuity, she became a doctor. She achieved more prominence in the Thor films, where Natalie Portman incarnated Jane as the thunder god’s astrophysicist love interest.

More recently, Jane reappeared in Thor, diagnosed with breast cancer and undergoing chemotherapy treatments. It will be interesting to see what role her health plays in her superhero-ing. Thor writer Jason Aaron tells the Times, “The very act of picking up this hammer, of becoming Thor, is killing her,” which sounds vaguely Spawn-like. (Remember Spawn? Is that a thing people still talk about?)

Fingers crossed, this means Natalie Portman dons a blonde wig and a horned mask-helmet in Thor: Ragnarok.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

jessica drew is somehow rining a bell

oh a female thor. thats also pretty exciting

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 02-09-2016, 08:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Female Thor looks absolutely badass!
And beating male Thor in comics sales sounds crazy (in a good way), I kinda assumed fanboys would get annoyed at that.

I wonder if they'd ever try something like that in a blockbuster movie... probably not
Old 02-09-2016, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

source
Old 02-10-2016, 12:28 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for all the articles, Christine. I really have no idea and now I know.

Oh my on the female Thor!!!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.