Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2017, 04:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I like to believe that after the soul-searching, Walter will be even more committed to Paige than he already is. Maybe that might lead to something more permanent?
Yes like living together because Walter can't stay alone because he falls down the steps
Old 12-29-2017, 11:50 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie (View Post)
Yes like living together because Walter can't stay alone because he falls down the steps
Presumably he will need someone to look after him when he first comes home from hospital and Toby might be the best qualified, but I suspect Paige will get the job!
Old 12-31-2017, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if Walter will recuperate at the garage or at Paige's.

~Heidi
Old 12-31-2017, 03:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I wonder if Walter will recuperate at the garage or at Paige's.
Either way I hope the living arrangements become permanent.
Old 12-31-2017, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ralph will really complicate any sort of official living together situation on the show. It makes more sense, with him, having Walter move into the condo, but if they wanted to show them in a domestic setting at all, they would have to have that set done up. But it doesn't really make sense for Paige to be moving into the garage because where would Ralph go? My guess is we'll just get to a point (we may be near there already) where they're always spending nights in the same place but going back and forth between the two locations.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:02 AM
Absolute Fan

As much as I love the garage it's not a very sensible place for a young family to live. It's not even a very sensible place for Walter to live, but I suppose he sees living 'over the shop' as the most efficient use of his time and finances.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's a very sensible place for Walter to live in terms of not having to pay rent/taxes on a home and work space. But if he ever wants to get married and/or have a child of his own, that space isn't going to work.

Old 01-01-2018, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed. For Walter alone, the garage makes a lot of sense. For Walter, Paige and Ralph it's probably not a great idea unless a LOT of renovations are made.

~Heidi
Old 01-01-2018, 04:17 PM
Absolute Fan

It may be practical for him to live there for now, but Toby should have told him by now that it's unhealthy not to have a clean separation between work and home. Having said that I love that he lives at the garage, it's very Walter and makes the place feel more homely when the whole team are there together.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
It may be practical for him to live there for now, but Toby should have told him by now that it's unhealthy not to have a clean separation between work and home. Having said that I love that he lives at the garage, it's very Walter and makes the place feel more homely when the whole team are there together.
Separation between work and home is good, but he rarely works in the loft, and a lot of people work from home.

Old 01-02-2018, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One of the keys to working at home is to have a specific place where you work that is separate from your living space. That is particularly important if you share your home with others so that they know when you are in your work space you are "at work". It doesn't have to be large or walled off - as long as you pretty much work only in that space so you get into work "mode" when you go there. Since Walter lives upstairs and he does most of his work downstairs or in the field, he has a good separation.

~Heidi
Old 01-02-2018, 04:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
One of the keys to working at home is to have a specific place where you work that is separate from your living space. That is particularly important if you share your home with others so that they know when you are in your work space you are "at work". It doesn't have to be large or walled off - as long as you pretty much work only in that space so you get into work "mode" when you go there. Since Walter lives upstairs and he does most of his work downstairs or in the field, he has a good separation.
It does work well for him. I did like it in Crime Every Mountain when Sylvester, feeling uncomfortable with the atmosphere in the garage, tells Walter "I'm gonna work on my opening statement in your loft." It was a nice touch that he feels comfortable enough to be able to basically go to Walter's bedroom to work and that Walter didn't see any problem with that. They are family.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That, and making sure you aren't working in the same room where you sleep. A lot of my trouble sleeping when I lived in dorms in college was that my desk was right next to my bed, so it was hard to turn off my brain.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Since it seems like Waige have always ended up in the loft at the end of episodes and not Paige's apartment, I have a feeling that they'll eventually live together in the loft instead. We've already seen how comfortable Paige and Ralph are up there (even before Waige was a thing), and it's served as sort of a safe haven up there for them when they want to get away from everybody. For the most part, it seems like the team is pretty good about respecting Walter and Paige's privacy now that "the big shock of them being together" has worn off, so I don't think they'll have to fear a lack of privacy if they decide to live there permanently.

But because of Paige's comment in the episode how she'd like to spend time away from the garage for the Christmas holiday, I can see her possibly wanting Walter to move in with her at her condo when the time comes (even if the writers decide not to go that way).
Old 01-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The problem with the loft is there isn't a clear bedroom up there, it's all open, so there's nowhere for Ralph to sleep. Paige isn't going to want to leave her condo and make Ralph permanently sleep in the airstream.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread