Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2018, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

In the fic I'm currently writing he's super conflicted because Walter did hurt Paige again, but Ralph also thinks he didn't do anything wrong in and of itself, so he's not entirely sure how he is feeling and how he should be feeling.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

I hope Ralph is mature enough to realize it they are both to blame I know Paige was hurt but that was uncalled for for her to verbally abuse him in front of everyone like that Walter was unaware that Paige was unhappy with his behavior cause she never told him being a genius does not make you a mind reader. Please Paige stop sending mixed signals to him as a man I like to know why women do this? I am not being sexist just asking a question. I think this gets more dramatic in TV shows and movies but I have heard men in real life relationships that women say one thing but mean another
Old 04-20-2018, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Women generally don't do that, it's an extremely sexist stereotype that some men propagate to make themselves feel better about the fact that they're terrible listeners. I'm a woman who dates women, if that crap was true there would be double the issue there because two women are involved. Paige's issues aren't because she's a woman, they're because she's Paige and they're her issues.

Old 04-20-2018, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think men and women are equally guilty of sending mixed signals at times. I don't think either gender does it on purpose, it's just that there are often things that one person believes is obvious - they think everyone should realize it - when in fact, not everyone does. So I think when Paige advised Walter about white lies, she had a certain set of circumstances in mind where she thinks it's appropriate and others where it's not. To her, those rules are so obvious that it doesn't occur to her that she has to explain - even in a situation where she is basically teaching Walter. Walter, on the other hand, takes what she says and assimilates it with no idea that there are parameters involved - or that there are times when one has to backtrack on a white lie and confess because NOT doing so will hurt the person worse than the situation the white lie was originally meant to protect them from. In this case, Walter wanted to protect Paige from going to an event she had no interest in, so he told a white lie. Perfectly innocent, and exactly the sort of thing Paige meant. But he doesn't comprehend that keeping that lie - and the lie that extends from it - will inevitably be more hurtful than the original situation.

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread