Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I want to gif more Waige, but I also need to finish my new 5 Times fic. But I really want to gif. I want to see their faces and get feels over their moments.

Problem is I have no idea what to gif in the sense of "do I gif a scene?" "do I use a show quote for inspiration and then caption it with that?" "do I go with lyrics?" Ugh so hard.

Extra hard when there hasn't been much significant Waige this season.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Seeing this tonight made me happy.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw it on Instagram! And I loved all the comments there with the Waige hasthtag.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Yay! That's pleasant; the more publicity Waige gets, the better.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

I know I'm being a Grinch, but it's pretty sad that the only Waige scene there is to show was a hallucination.

There's no such thing as luck only good science and math.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're not being a Grinch - it is a sad state. We just have to hope that Santa will bring us more Waige scenes for 2017!

Or - you know - early Christmas gifts are good, too!

~Heidi
Old 12-06-2016, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh trust me, I was grumpy about that too. But given how many couples are on CBS, the fact that Waige was in this little clip tagged as goals makes me happy.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just having them in there shows that CBS considers them a couple - which feels HUGE.

Plus - I can never watch that scene too many times.

~Heidi
Old 12-07-2016, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, the representation is what's important. (And the feels.)

Here's a potential discussion topic that I personally can't weigh in on right now but would love to hear thoughts and I definitely WILL share mine soon - do we have any predictions as to how 3.03 stuff might come back up? Triggers, if it'll come back gradually with confusion or suddenly with clarity, how he might react, how she will react, etc?

Old 12-09-2016, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok. No one has thoughts.

Old 12-09-2016, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank God It's Friday.

That has nothing to do with my thoughts on this topic. It's just this is the first chance I've had to come here!

I sort of think something will trigger it for Walter. Maybe some dangerous situation where he's trying to hold onto something - maybe even trying to hold onto Paige, much like he did in the tornado. It triggers the memory of holding her "hand" in space - then everything floods back.

If he's holding onto Paige and they are in danger, the shock may cause him to almost lose his grip. He may even blurt out that he loves her - realizing that there are so many things that could happen that would leave him with no chance to ever tell her.

It could also be that Paige is NOT there - in which case he might keep it all to himself, or he may rush to find her as soon as he's safe again - but I feel like if that's the case, there will be something else that stops him from saying anything, and then we'll get several episodes where the *both* know what happened - but Paige doesn't know that Walter knows.

~Heidi
Old 12-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've imagined it so many ways.

Something triggers it. He remembers everything at once. Paige is there.
Something triggers it. He remembers everything at once. Paige isn't there, others are.
Something triggers it. He remembers everything at once. He's alone.

And in any of those situations - do they know he's remembering/just remembered/etc? Or do we the audience know his memories came back but he hides it from them?

Other scenario: he starts to remember bits and pieces, is confused, unsure if he's remembering a dream or if something else is going on. May or may not connect it immediately to him actually being in the shuttle. May or may not be in the presence of Paige/the others. They may or may not know what's happening.

Or maybe, in an ep in the future, something will happen that will make Toby, Sly, Happy, Cabe, Paige or Elia sort of do a double take - like they now realize he remembers, but he doesn't know that they've realized that (he may not even know, once he remembers, that any of them were aware of what he was hallucinating).

Or he will be in a conversation with Paige (or the others I guess) and bring it up himself "so...when I was in space..." etc etc.

Both of those last two scenarios would be ones where the audience either don't see the moment he remembers/puts it all together, or we did see it but only find out later that that's when the memories came back.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:22 PM
Loyal Fan

I have similar theories as both of you, so I'll only list the ones you didn't list, haha.
  1. Perhaps in "This is the Pits," the fact that the lady is losing air and only has a certain about of time left until oxygen runs out, Walter might start to have flashes of memories but might not make sense of any of it so he confronts Paige and asks her about what might be happening but because of what Toby told her, she pretends she knows nothing about it so he sort of just... drops it and tries to figure it out on his own without anyone's help because he can tell she's lying but doesn't want to spend the energy forcing the truth out of her (which may be why a future episode is called "The Hole Truth")...
  2. He hears that song he and Paige danced to in the hallucination on the radio somewhere and starts having flashes of him dancing with Paige but not remembering actually dancing with her beyond 1x06 so he passes it off as a fantasy and doesn't question it further until later when he remembers more of his time in Space...
  3. He and Paige share a kiss (perhaps under a mistletoe???), and thus triggers the memory...

Both of you pretty much listed the others I had haha.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Almost none of my scenarios have the means by which he remembers if there is a trigger, just different surrounding circumstances. But one thing I did throw out on Tumblr when the ep aired is, the characters on the ground don't know what Paige was wearing in the hallucinations. They might be able to guess the 1.06 dress, but at that point he'd seen her in a dress in 2.14, too.

But they know nothing of the 2.01 outfit. He didn't describe it at all, and obviously they couldn't hear her - and Paige wasnt there for that part anyway. So my guess was maybe she casually walks into the garage in that top, and Walter sees her and hey that's what she wore when...

Boom.

Old 12-10-2016, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And we do know that Walter takes special note of what Paige wears, so it makes sense that specific outfits might trigger memories.

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread