Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Loyal Fan

In regards to Heidi's first question, honestly, at this point, I am fine with Waige talking it out first, and I am also fine with a scenario of waige suddenly slamming together with a passionate kiss. It all just depends on the delivery of the scenes.

Of course I want them to talk and hash it all out first, but if they were slam-kissing before they talk, I wouldn't complain.

I wouldn't want things to move too quickly and too far between them before they talk, so if they suddenly slam-kiss each other out of nowhere due to sexual tension, I would want one of them to pull back suddenly (maybe a minute or so later) and be like: Wait, wait. We... we need to talk.

So then they talk.

But what I really don't want (and I might be the unpopular opinion here) is for Waige to bang the first night they establish their relationship. I feel like they need to rebuild first, take time to remember who they used to be... Even though Walter may be ready for a relationship with Paige, I don't know if he's ready for a physical one yet.

On a side note, I made this humorous Incorrect Scorpion Quotes Waige gif set.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't mind them doing a bit of kissing before the talk - and I like you're idea of one of them pulling back and suggesting a talk. But I don't want them to fall into bed immediately - either on screen or alluded to. Quintis seems to have pretty much sealed the deal pretty quickly once they got together - but for them that makes sense. I think Walter and Paige both really need to prepare for it.

~Heidi
Old 01-09-2017, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

While I want them to talk before they sleep together, I actually think circumstances will play a big part in how soon I'd like them to have sex once they're together (on that subject Heidi and Kim I posted something on Skype). If they're comfortably back to their S2A dynamic (2.01-2.12) I could see them sleeping together fairly early on. If their dynamic is still kinda iffy, but things come out and they talk and are like "okay we clearly want to be together so let's give it a try" and are in a way still repairing their existing relationship as they start out being romantically involved, I'd want them to wait so they don't end up using sex as a way to avoid talking when talking needs to happen.

And all that said, we don't know how soon Paige would be ready to make a relationship sexual (her relative celibacy for the better part of ten years could make her more or less likely to want that part of it right away) and we honestly don't even know if Walter's lost his virginity (if we do find out whether or not he has had sex before, I personally wouldn't be shocked with either answer though I do have a preferred one) so all of those things could certainly prolong when they first do it - and whether or not I'll be pleased with how it all happens will certainly depend on the circumstances.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We still don't know if Waige and {interloper} slept together, do we? Which means that Paige's period of celibacy could still be on-going.

~Heidi
Old 01-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
We still don't know if Waige and {interloper} slept together, do we? Which means that Paige's period of celibacy could still be on-going.
I feel like they have, just because they seem so (oh my god I was gonna type joined at the hip and now I really don't ever want to use that phrase again) *clears throat* they seem to just want to spend time together all the time and in this society I would think that means they have been sleeping together. However again, her having a kid and a prolonged period of celibacy that would have ended with Tim if it has ended, I could see that meaning she would take longer before being ready for that part of a relationship, and I suppose it would be awfully presumptuous of me to assume they are.

That said, we also don't know how long the writers think they've been together - it'd be going on nine months now if we're keeping to a timeline that makes sense. But that would mean the writers and the other characters found 6+ months (as opposed to 6 weeks if we consider each ep to be a week apart on average) early to meet the parents, it'd mean Tim's sheeping "a few months" answer to Ronnie on how long he'd been dating her was 7 months instead of just over 2, and it'd mean Walter's "I mean we don't know if they've done it" comment came over 6 months into the relationship and he didn't get raised eyebrows from the rest of the group.

Also noteable is Tim said "I'm dating your daughter" and not "I'm your daughter's boyfriend." At least to people my age, you wouldn't refer to a 7 month relationship as "I'm dating this person" it'd be "this person is my (boyfriend/girlfriend/partner/etc)." I know generations use words differently, but let's look at Kat - she never talked explicitly about Elyes in interviews in terms of their relationship, but back in the first couple months, she said that "I am dating/seeing someone" but after the better part of a year she started saying "my boyfriend is British" or "I was talking to my boyfriend," when telling a story.

So if the writers are ignoring the timeline and writing this as a 3 month relationship at the time he left for Jordan, I'd say it's very possible they haven't slept together. If it's a 9 month one, I think it's far more likely that they have.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it would be rather unusual for them to have been dating for 7-9 months without sleeping together, however, I agree there are any number of reasons why Paige might have held off on it. For all we know, there may be reasons why Tim would hold off as well. Perhaps that shrapnel injury made him - incapable? However, if Tim is fully functional, given some of his other personality traits, I'm not sure he would be patiently waiting for a partner for that long. I'm going to put on my anti-Tim hat for a minute, though, and say that one reason Tim might concede to waiting while Paige holds him off is the simple fact that it keeps Paige away from Walter. Tim has expressed a deal of aggression towards Walter that he's been unable to express in his preferred way - by physical violence. So he may be willing to do almost anything - including enduring celibacy - to get back at Walter.

~Heidi
Old 01-10-2017, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, which is why I think the writers view this as a relationship of only 3 months so far. There's been too much written that implies this is still a fairly new relationship, which is why I think it's possible that they haven't had sex.

Granted, I lived with a woman who didn't sleep with her boyfriend for the first three years, and another who has been in a relationship for ten months and hasn't slept with him yet. So it's easy to assume bUT we really never can.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Once Waige are together, I'll be happy if they don't immediately jump into bed - as long as we know they are at least kissing and cuddling. Of course, I hope to *see* some of that as well. Actually, I can easily see them waiting quite awhile.

Some of this may depend on how the break-up with Tim happens and whether Paige has slept with him. I feel one of the things Paige regrets about her relationship with Drew is that she feels it's a reflection of her own judgement when it comes to men. If she breaks up with Tim in a way that makes her feel her judgement was again part of the problem, then she may question whether she is just making another mistake with Walter - and decide to take things extremely slow or hold off for a long while.

~Heidi
Old 01-10-2017, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If they do wait a while before sleeping together (Waige) I'm torn on the reason I'd want that to be. Because unless it's completely mutual, either party being the reason they wait would both challenge and conform to stereotypes.

Walter is a man, and also one that is more afraid of relationships (in general) and would be the one that we'd think would be more hesitatnt to take that step.

Paige is a woman, and the one who is more comfortable in relationships and in this case would be the one we'd expect to be willing to jump into bed sooner rather than later.

So they go with "Walter wants to wait" and go against the "men always want it" stereotype while conforming to what the general viewer would expect (him being the one to hesitate) or they go with "Paige wants to wait" and go against what the general viewer would expect while conforming to the "the woman is always less eager than the guy" stereotype.

What concerns me about Paige being the one to want to wait would be Walter potentially not so much viewing it as a rejection, but especially if she did sleep with Tim early on or if he just thinks she did, Walter might think her wanting to wait to sleep with him would mean he wasn't good enough or was doing something wrong (or that she's having regrets about starting a relationship with him at all.)

Old 01-11-2017, 08:53 AM
Absolute Fan

Thank God TIm is gone.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiepookie (View Post)
Thank God TIm is gone.
If only he was breakup gone.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed. They left things open for him to come back to LA. I want him break-up gone so even if he does come back, Paige and Tim are history.

~Heidi
Old 01-11-2017, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Agreed. They left things open for him to come back to LA. I want him break-up gone so even if he does come back, Paige and Tim are history.
What's really bugging me is how the eight months from the beginning of January is beginning of August, so they could work the timeline so he returns in the season finale (I'm guessing no or the actor would have been told and as of now it doesn't seem like he's been told he'd return) or the season premiere, which reminds me way to much of Mic coming back to Australia for me.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The thought of Tim returning in the S4 premiere makes me ill. As it is, I feel like he's some sort of booby-trap hanging over Waige's head. Even if they are together - if he comes back it will be so awkward.

~Heidi
Old 01-12-2017, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The thought of Tim returning in the S4 premiere makes me ill. As it is, I feel like he's some sort of booby-trap hanging over Waige's head. Even if they are together - if he comes back it will be so awkward.
I know. Especially since it isn't "8 months in Jordan than onto the next thing," it's "8 months in Jordan then a permanent job in L.A." Unless he dies in Jordan (which I would not like and DEFINITELY would not like if that happened before they break up) or unless those plans change and he doesn't come back to L.A., it's like they'll always have him at arm's length for Paige to go back to even if they're broken up by the time he returns.

We could get him coming back after they'd broken up and her saying something where it's clear she no longer wants a relationship with him even though he's back here. But yeah. It'll always be hanging over their heads.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread