Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2016, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I'm hoping (with fingers crossed) that now that Tim is away, things will calm down. I'm actually hoping that Walter doesn't immediately pounce - that he gives Paige a little space and just allows their friendship to reassert itself naturally, because that friendship is the true foundation of their love for each other. I think if he allows that to happen without putting pressure on Paige - or aggravating her - then her feelings for him will also reassert itself.

Of course, my practical side is bracing for more gratuitous and ludicrous drama.
I hope he doesn't go after her immediately, definitely, especially when she's still dating Tim. I just wish they had their friendship back.

Old 12-31-2016, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Absolutely. I want Paige to officially break up with Tim before she or Walter start anything between them. But I want them to get their friendship back and hopefully eliminate the tension.

~Heidi
Old 12-31-2016, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Toby's line to Walter at the end of 3.11 makes me think it's still going to get worse before it gets better. And that kills me. Even Leonard and Penny never got like this.

Old 12-31-2016, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The end of 3.11 is not something I like to think about. But I think you are probably right. I think if the writers wanted things to be smooth sailing, they would have broken up Tim and Paige - or left them with a much looser plan to keep the relationship going. It's become obvious that they want to keep up the tension and continue to draw this out. The only thing that I'm holding on to right now is the fact that there's no apparent plan to bring Tim back. And even that is slim.

~Heidi
Old 12-31-2016, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The end of 3.11 is not something I like to think about. But I think you are probably right. I think if the writers wanted things to be smooth sailing, they would have broken up Tim and Paige - or left them with a much looser plan to keep the relationship going. It's become obvious that they want to keep up the tension and continue to draw this out. The only thing that I'm holding on to right now is the fact that there's no apparent plan to bring Tim back. And even that is slim.
Eight months has him returning in August/September, depending on exactly when he left (we know he'll be in L.A. at the start of 2017). So yay for that lining right up with the S4 premiere. I'm not saying they'll do that, but...that's where the timeline could be. And the fact that as of now the plan is to put him in L.A. after that...he could be around a damn long time unless plans change somehow.

Old 12-31-2016, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Eight months has him returning in August/September, depending on exactly when he left (we know he'll be in L.A. at the start of 2017). So yay for that lining right up with the S4 premiere. I'm not saying they'll do that, but...that's where the timeline could be. And the fact that as of now the plan is to put him in L.A. after that...he could be around a damn long time unless plans change somehow.
I really prefer that they have the breakup happen while Tim is still away. I want Waige to dance at the Quintis wedding - and I want that to happen before the summer hiatus.

~Heidi
Old 12-31-2016, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I really prefer that they have the breakup happen while Tim is still away. I want Waige to dance at the Quintis wedding - and I want that to happen before the summer hiatus.
Agreed. And they (the writers) had a chance to have a mutual breakup happen in 3.11 and they didn't do it. Now I want her to break up with him.

Old 12-31-2016, 08:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Watch the writers do the lazy way out and have them break up during the hiatus.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterFreak001 (View Post)
Watch the writers do the lazy way out and have them break up during the hiatus.
What hiatus?

Old 01-01-2017, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
What hiatus?
We have a short one coming up - that would be good for me.

~Heidi
Old 01-01-2017, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
We have a short one coming up
That's exactly my point, Heidi. We had almost a month off in November/December and now we're not really getting anything I would classify as a hiatus.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

True. If the schedule follows the pattern of the last two years, we won't have any breaks longer than one episode until the end of the season.

Still, all they need to do is have Paige come in to the garage one day and make an announcement. Or better - have a nice Paige/Ralph scene where she talks to him about it. And poor Ralph would be trying his best not to jump for joy.

~Heidi
Old 01-01-2017, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
True. If the schedule follows the pattern of the last two years, we won't have any breaks longer than one episode until the end of the season.

Still, all they need to do is have Paige come in to the garage one day and make an announcement. Or better - have a nice Paige/Ralph scene where she talks to him about it. And poor Ralph would be trying his best not to jump for joy.
I do wonder if we'll find out shortly after it happens, or if at some point we'll just get a comment like "oh we broke up a month ago" (kinda like how Howadette's breakup happened in season three of TBBT, though the behind the scenes reason for that was different than this because they only initially dropped her since Melissa had gotten another job.)

Old 01-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Given that they've made a point to have the relationship in Walter's face, I won't be surprised if Paige mentions something about Tim in nearly every episode - or Skype's with him in the garage - something to keep the specter of Tim in the picture. If they do that, and it then stops - it might be a signal.

~Heidi
Old 01-01-2017, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Given that they've made a point to have the relationship in Walter's face, I won't be surprised if Paige mentions something about Tim in nearly every episode - or Skype's with him in the garage - something to keep the specter of Tim in the picture. If they do that, and it then stops - it might be a signal.
That's what I'm thinking. That they may have her mention a few that she's beeng Skyping Tim, she's gotta get going because they have a video chat date, etc, then we'll get a couple of episodes where he's still mentioned, but by other characters. And then it'll come out at some point that they're broken up, and then we'll be like "oh right, now that we think about it, she hasn't talked about him in a couple weeks."

Closed Thread   Post New Thread