Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2017, 03:52 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
24 hours is 24 hours everywhere though. Like whether it's up from 7am to 7am or 3am to 3am that's still 24 hours.
I realise that! It just seems that by the time I become aware of the existence of a video it's already too late to view it. I guess I should try to get my head round Instagram and then check it first thing in the morning...that's the start of a slippery slope though, isn't it?
Old 11-30-2017, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
I realise that! It just seems that by the time I become aware of the existence of a video it's already too late to view it. I guess I should try to get my head round Instagram and then check it first thing in the morning...that's the start of a slippery slope though, isn't it?
It's only a slippery slope if you actually set an alarm to remind you.

I usually try to check Instagram once a day. Often it's the last thing I do before I go to bed at night. It's a nice way to wind down for me. Especially when Kat or Elyes has something particularly good posted.

~Heidi
Old 02-05-2018, 12:01 AM
Loyal Fan

I made one for Paige tonight.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's lovely, Kim. You really capture the idea that love is about loving *everything* about a person - the good and the bad. Walter loves Paige exactly as she is.

~Heidi
Old 02-21-2018, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Every time someone from one of my shows gets a part on Broadway I think, "I can just hop on the train and catch the show!"

--- then I look at the ticket prices.

Katharine McPhee to Make Broadway Debut in Waitress

~Heidi
Old 02-21-2018, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish they would stop with the David Foster rumors. She's been pretty clear that's not a thing.

EDIT: I'm looking at ticket prices for this damn thing and I'm so mad because there are tickets for less than $100 so if I lived within a day's drive of the thing I would totally do it but hotels in NYC are pretty much rent to me.

Last edited by WeBuiltThePyramids; 02-21-2018 at 06:26 PM
Old 02-22-2018, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I could just barely make it if I took the train up in the morning, got a matinee show and came back in the evening. But then there are the train tickets to pay for. Plus the thought of a round trip in one day like that is exhausting.

~Heidi
Old 02-22-2018, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I could just barely make it if I took the train up in the morning, got a matinee show and came back in the evening. But then there are the train tickets to pay for. Plus the thought of a round trip in one day like that is exhausting.
Yeah transportation sucks. And doing that by yourself with no one to talk to/keep you alert would make it worse. I know when I have long driving days I can usually go sans energy shot when I'm with someone but I definitely need it when I'm alone.

I would probably do it if I lived where you do, since I've gone from north of Detroit to Kentucky and back in one day three times. But then again, I am 25.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes. Believe it or not we had cars when I was 25 and I could drive eight or ten hours easily back then. As long as I had a good selection of 8-track tapes to play. All we had to keep us awake was coffee - which I didn't drink at the time.

~Heidi
Old 02-22-2018, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yes. Believe it or not we had cars when I was 25 and I could drive eight or ten hours easily back then. As long as I had a good selection of 8-track tapes to play. All we had to keep us awake was coffee - which I didn't drink at the time.
I'm sorry I died laughing at this.

Even if I could afford a hotel, I still don't think I could handle NYC by myself with my anxiety. Seeing her in this is a total pipe dream but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna think about it every second of every day.

Old 02-24-2018, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I'm sorry I died laughing at this.

Even if I could afford a hotel, I still don't think I could handle NYC by myself with my anxiety. Seeing her in this is a total pipe dream but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna think about it every second of every day.
That's another thing that bothers me. I'd be very nervous in New York.

~Heidi
Old 02-24-2018, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's another thing that bothers me. I'd be very nervous in New York.
Yeah, it's not like I haven't been there before, but it's not like "oh yeah I've been to this dentist office before" NYC is huuuuuuge and so many people and I know the streets are supposed to be easy because it's a grid but it's still so daunting. And I've never been there without my parents - I've been in my twenties, but it was to see The Lion King after graduation so my family went too.

Here's another article about Kat, mostly about her preparation and stuff.

Old 02-25-2018, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I imagine it's going to be quite an adjustment for Kat. She'll have all the lines and lyrics to memorize - with no chance for the director to yell CUT! and retake the scene. Plus, as she says, it's going to be quite a lot to do 8 shows a week. She'll have to really adjust her daily schedule.

~Heidi
Old 02-25-2018, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I imagine it's going to be quite an adjustment for Kat. She'll have all the lines and lyrics to memorize - with no chance for the director to yell CUT! and retake the scene. Plus, as she says, it's going to be quite a lot to do 8 shows a week. She'll have to really adjust her daily schedule.
Yeah, like they mention in the article, it's just gonna be Waitress, Waitress, Waitress for that time. But she's super excited to be doing it, so I'm sure the thrill/adrenaline will help her get used to it. And she will be rehearsing for several weeks before she goes on.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hopefully she'll be able to get some time off to just enjoy being in New York. I know she goes there a lot - which is all the more reason she should have some time to have fun.

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread