Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2015, 05:59 PM
Total Fan

So.... in the New 52, Iris doesn't know that Barry = The Flash yet, but it's been heavily implied that Iris already has feelings for Barry.

In the current Justice League: Darksied War storyline, a creature called the Anti-Monitor called forth the Black Racer (the speedster version of "Death"), and merged him with The Flash so It could control him. Barry is trying to fight that control, and that's where these panels come in (tagged because they're big pictures):
Spoiler:

So if anyone claims that New 52 Barry/Iris isn't heading into Canon-territory, just show them today's release. (Considering what's happening in the TV show right now, I particularly enjoyed Barry's "I didn't think of Patty" line after he finds himself in Iris's apartment while trying to outrun the Black Racer ).

Last edited by Elektra; 11-04-2015 at 06:05 PM
Old 11-04-2015, 07:19 PM
Absolute Fan

^^^ Thanks for sharing!! Barry has got to have a lightbulb moment about his feelings for Patty compared to his epic love for Iris… Patty does deserve someone who loves her first..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Speedster (View Post)
You can only edit if you started the thread or if you're a mod . You can always click on "reply with quote" and make changes then pm the thread starter the new code, if that's the case .
Cool thanks for the tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
I liked her leading him around and her obvious jealousy of Patty

He offered to talk...but I want it to actually happen
Did you see jealousy?? maybe I have to watch again but I felt a little disappointed by her indifference to the situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidsdk (View Post)

Leelaa you can just do that
I just saw this will remember for next time

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"

Last edited by Leelala; 11-04-2015 at 07:25 PM
Old 11-04-2015, 08:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)

Did you see jealousy?? maybe I have to watch again but I felt a little disappointed by her indifference to the situation

yeah, me too. all i wanted was the tiniest HINT of jealousy for even a second and i would have been fine with it.

but if she doesn't care, it's hard for me to see how her feelings are ever going to arise. all that's left is another life-threatening situation and they did that once already.

i guess they could always do it again.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Absolute Fan

You know they will

In the mean time all we can continue to do is wait.. If they give me more Iris/Wells, Iris/Linda, Iris/Cisco.. I'll be ok….

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 11-05-2015, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i didnt see jealousy either, i wished there were, but there werent.

I do hope we get some iris moments in future more of her on the screen its not much we've seen of her this far, i think
Old 11-05-2015, 09:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think she showed jealousy. Her "That's...great. She's...great" (I'm paraphrasing here). She said the same thing when talking about Felicity & Linda. She always says that when she's jealous of someone.

BTW Heidsdk, I like your avatar
Old 11-05-2015, 09:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Speedster (View Post)
I think there are plenty of signs of romantic tension between them, don't you? Like the hand holding, for example. And I think Iris will be jealous, but she's not ready for that yet. She's bottling down all of her feelings, especially when it comes to Eddie. She needs to actually deal with that before even thinking of starting a love life again. I'm sure she feels guilty now more than ever for having feelings for Barry.
She is the most practical character who doesn't let emotion boggle her mind, she's strong and she knows how to handle things.

https://www.youtube.com/user/josephineroy2000
Old 11-05-2015, 09:32 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, every time Iris says "That's...great! She's...great" she comes off a little fake to me At least she's not pushing him towards a girl he has no interest in dating, like with Felicity. Barry had already decided he wanted to go to dinner with Patty and the only thing she can do at the moment is being supportive. Considering that last season ended with her telling Eddie "Screw the future!" she can't be explicitly jealous or this fandom will roast her alive.

I understand that WA can't happen right now but I would like the show to tell me why everyone is acting like it can never happen. It's like a scene is missing and I'm left making assumptions.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn71 (View Post)
I think she showed jealousy. Her "That's...great. She's...great" (I'm paraphrasing here). She said the same thing when talking about Felicity & Linda. She always says that when she's jealous of someone.

BTW Heidsdk, I like your avatar
oooh yeah ok when you put it like that, i can see it a bit, but still i think im blind or deaf cause i somehow couldnt hear her sarcasm or see it

and aww thank you, i loove it aswell, makes me smile everytime i look at it
Old 11-05-2015, 09:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
Yeah, every time Iris says "That's...great! She's...great" she comes off a little fake to me At least she's not pushing him towards a girl he has no interest in dating, like with Felicity. Barry had already decided he wanted to go to dinner with Patty and the only thing she can do at the moment is being supportive. Considering that last season ended with her telling Eddie "Screw the future!" she can't be explicitly jealous or this fandom will roast her alive.

I understand that WA can't happen right now but I would like the show to tell me why everyone is acting like it can never happen. It's like a scene is missing and I'm left making assumptions.
Yes, that's what makes her strong, she always supportive of Barry no matter what.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy2311 (View Post)
Yes, that's what makes her strong, she always supportive of Barry no matter what.
this is true. and i really like that about her
Old 11-05-2015, 11:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
this is true. and i really like that about her
Me too, she's calm and handles situation very nicely, I am liking her better now than Season 1.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Me too, she's calm and handles situation very nicely, I am liking her better now than Season 1.
yeah me to, it looks like she has found herself, and the person she wanna be, she is becoming
Old 11-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
yeah me to, it looks like she has found herself, and the person she wanna be, she is becoming
Yeah, she's the bold and beautiful Iris West.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, she's the bold and beautiful Iris West.
exactly