Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-16-2017, 08:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Don't get me wrong it does give the impression that the writers don't give a crap about the character but they keep saying one thing but doing the opposite. Like they say they are getting away from soapy yet keep throwing things in that are super soapy like the stalker stuff, the wheelchair angle and it doesn't look like it is slowing down on that so why should I trust that she hasn't been MIA in public cause she went off to hide an unwanted by the viewers pregnancy. If the writers really walked away from soapy I would trust it but right now I am not seeing that.
I'm not sure how they could have avoided either one of these, at least the stalker stuff. They had to write themselves an out in that case.

And the cliffhanger didn't leave them many options either. Telepath has said it several times, but they are actually confronting the bull**** left on them by the old writing team. If Dee was still in charge, you'd definitely have your pregnant Layla and God only knows what would have happened with the plane. No doubt Juliette would have had about 30 seconds of introspection before she'd be off on something else.

I don't fault them for these SLs because their options were few. They could have chosen to have Frankie sue Deacon or vice versa or have Cash/Layla still trying to stalk Maddie and Avery, but they let all that go. Thankfully.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

nah I wouldn't have my pregnant Layla because I wouldn't have been watching anymore

I can't go anymore into my issues with the soapy but I will say this, the ones I named are the ones I have least issues with.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:31 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
I didn't think you would.

I feel like they don't think she's important - or worthy enough to get a mention. Just like the Beverly and whatever happened with the fallout from that. We mention that she's crazy and let it go. I suppose they could bring her up with HW65, but they've had multiple opportunities to do so and haven't.
I'm not convinced yet that AP is gone. If you look at her Twitter account, it seems she hasn't moved on to other things. Wondering why.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
I'm not convinced yet that AP is gone. If you look at her Twitter account, it seems she hasn't moved on to other things. Wondering why.
I guess we'll just have to see. She's obviously not in any episode up to when one of the new showrunners did an interview where he said she hadn't been back and that was when they were filming a recent episode. The rest I'd have to put in spoilers but I can't see her dropping by after the midway point. I refuse to be paranoid about her coming back at this point. I think AP lives in Nashville? I don't know and I don't really care what she's up to because she runs nothing on Nashville. Maybe she had some influence back on ABC, who knows. But if she still had some sway, she'd still be here now. And she's not.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:16 PM
Master Fan

OT but I noticed Aubrey's boyfriend was in one of the season 4 episode as her guitar player, the one where Autumn meets her.

I think the chances of her coming back for more than a visit are slim, they already have a hard time giving airtime to the main 9. But who knows. I just refuse to be 100% sure she isn't coming back because the minute I will be the minute she will come back

As for her having not moved on, it's hard for actors to get new jobs in general. Unless they are super talented and in demand. Or maybe she just want to stay and hope they change their minds
Old 01-16-2017, 11:24 PM
Master Fan

I think Aubrey lives in LA but her boyfriend is in Nashville. She's filmed a couple things since Nashville and at least according to imdb she's doing something that's filming now

In any case the writers don't seem to have any real interest in bringing her back even for a visit
Sarah [youtube]
Old 01-17-2017, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
In any case the writers don't seem to have any real interest in bringing her back even for a visit
Very much understandable.