Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-12-2017, 10:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
I need to watch it again before I say anything. I did enjoy the Ashley character and the scene with the guys. Gunnar said his buying the lede line and I chuckled. No comment about the Javery stuff until I watch again. Just not sure how I feel. Right now not overjoyed.
Glad I am not the only one, I thought I was being crazy. And yeah that line brought me back to when Avery told him about his wedding.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:02 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I need to watch it again before I say anything. I did enjoy the Ashley character and the scene with the guys. Gunnar said his buying the lede line and I chuckled. No comment about the Javery stuff until I watch again. Just not sure how I feel. Right now not overjoyed.
I think it's burying the lede/lead. But may be wrong.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:09 PM
Master Fan

I give this episode an A! thought this episode was great!!! So many things covered and finally some momentum. I felt like the last two episodes left so much to be desired and this one just laid it all out. Deacon stood up to Maddie, Maddie apologized to Deacon, Rayna confronted Maddie, Maddie had a cute "heart to heart" with Daphne. A cute bro scene with the guys, Juliette finally talked to her Angel, Juliette sung!, Avery realized he needs to be playing music not producing bull-ca-ca for lame artists. Everything I could have wanted in an episode! I would give it an A+ If Scarlett had one more scene. She could have been with the guys no?

As for Julliette saying she never loved or cared about anyone but herself. I don't think that's rewriting history at all. It's not discounting her love for Avery either. I think she just means she's never felt like she gave anyone the love they deserve. She's never going to believe she loved Avery enough to deserve his love in return. She loves him and she always will. Avery just needs to find himself before he can be Mr. Julliette Barns again. He deserves his time to shine.

I think it's crazy to think Javery is done. This was a good episode for them

Last edited by Jp10ah; 01-12-2017 at 11:15 PM
Old 01-12-2017, 11:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
Avery realized he needs to be playing music not producing bull-ca-ca for lame artists. Everything I could have wanted in an episode! I would give it an A+ If Scarlett had one more scene. She could have been with the guys no?
that made me laugh. And no on Scarlett with the boys, I wouldn't mind if they had a scene with the boys and their respective significant others all together but there is something about the three boys together only that is magic. The only girl that doesn't change that dynamic is Cadence.

I don't think J/A is done. I think they are going into a closing out for now journey. Just a guess.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
that made me laugh. And no on Scarlett with the boys, I wouldn't mind if they had a scene with the boys and their respective significant others all together but there is something about the three boys together only that is magic. The only girl that doesn't change that dynamic is Cadence.
You are so right! I forgot the boys club rule

I think she deserved 45 seconds more screen time though. I would have accepted anything really haha
Old 01-12-2017, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

Forgot to mention another one of my favorite moments :

Ashley: you've been doing this for like 100 years haven't you?

Deacon (nodding) This April

And then the look Avery gave him.

Deacon had some funny moments this episode
Old 01-13-2017, 12:24 AM
Master Fan

So glad Maddie finally learned something. As obnoxious as Ashley was being, Maddie wasn't being any better. And not seeming to know why Rayna told her she needs to make things right with Deacon at first (seriously was she just not ever going to acknowledge that she threw him under the bus?!). Glad she finally got some sense knocked into her and apologized. Hopefully this growth sticks. And I liked her scenes with Clay

And Daphne only had a couple lines in the episode but she was perfect. When Maddie was whining about her internship, Daphne pointing out that's literally what she's getting paid for And being honest about Maddie turning into a bitch

Loved the scene with DR and the girls just acting like a family and talking about their day and such

Yay for Avery finally decided to focus on himself (note to Gunnar, that was much better advice than you gave Will last week ). He deserves better than people like Ashley Whatshernuggets (and other similar wackos). Loved the Avery/Gunnar/Will scene

Loved the scene where Juliette got some feeling back in her legs. Hopefully now that she's finally starting to believe she will actually get better she won't just feel like a burden
Sarah [youtube]
Old 01-13-2017, 12:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Yay for Avery finally decided to focus on himself (note to Gunnar, that was much better advice than you gave Will last week ). He deserves better than people like Ashley Whatshernuggets (and other similar wackos). Loved the Avery/Gunnar/Will scene
Who knew Gunnar could actually give good advice when it's not of a romantic nature
Old 01-13-2017, 01:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
I give this episode an A! thought this episode was great!!! So many things covered and finally some momentum. I felt like the last two episodes left so much to be desired and this one just laid it all out. Deacon stood up to Maddie, Maddie apologized to Deacon, Rayna confronted Maddie, Maddie had a cute "heart to heart" with Daphne. A cute bro scene with the guys, Juliette finally talked to her Angel, Juliette sung!, Avery realized he needs to be playing music not producing bull-ca-ca for lame artists. Everything I could have wanted in an episode! I would give it an A+ If Scarlett had one more scene. She could have been with the guys no?

As for Julliette saying she never loved or cared about anyone but herself. I don't think that's rewriting history at all. It's not discounting her love for Avery either. I think she just means she's never felt like she gave anyone the love they deserve. She's never going to believe she loved Avery enough to deserve his love in return. She loves him and she always will. Avery just needs to find himself before he can be Mr. Julliette Barns again. He deserves his time to shine.

I think it's crazy to think Javery is done. This was a good episode for them
I totally agree. I want to pour the episode on me and bask in it. I don't remember Juliette saying that about never loving anying, but we all know that isn't true. I loved that Avery is finally thinking of himself too. A strong relationship needs both people to be strong with who they are. I remember when Avery turned down touring with Juliette in S2 so he could work on his own music. That didn't make things weak between them. In fact, I think it gave Juliette more respect for him.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they can both support each other with their music. Plus, I want to know what Avery meant when he said he couldn't support Juliette when she said that she couldn't say what they were yet, but he could if she could, or something like that. It was confusing to me, but also intriguing.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)

I'm looking forward to seeing how they can both support each other with their music. Plus, I want to know what Avery meant when he said he couldn't support Juliette when she said that she couldn't say what they were yet, but he could if she could, or something like that. It was confusing to me, but also intriguing.
Not sure how Avery going on a self discovery journey would ever make a couple weak so I am confused by that comment. As for that last J/A scene it's why I had issues with how that was written. She was asking if he is okay knowing she doesn't know what they are. He replied no but he would be when she would (as in would know what they are to each other).
Old 01-13-2017, 04:10 AM
Extreme Fan

I didn't have an immediate lovey dovey bubbly feeling after my first watch. I feel better about it on rewatch.

Some things I loved: Everything Bridgit Mendler and her scenes. They were cringeworthy and hilarious. I thought she out-acted Lennon in the scene where Maddie was telling her off, but she's been acting longer so it's all good. Loved how you could see her face change as she considered what Avery was saying to her but then she decided not to follow his advice.

I loved the very small touches in this one like Deacon with a sucker - why is this not a weekly thing? When Maddie said, "Oh, my God," before she let Clay in the studio. Also, the awkward moment when you and the barista are checking out the same guy. Avery's expressions with Ashley were very similar to how he looked with Layla at the end.

I did not like that Maddie still didn't realize she needed to apologize to Deacon until Rayna basically guilted her into doing it. I was hoping that she'd come to this realization herself. I'm not convinced that Maddie can actually have real feelings. Been saying that for a while and this episode did nothing to convince me she's capable of being sympathetic.

I enjoyed seeing both Rayna and Juliette at home at the end of the day with their families. Nicely done.

I wish we could get more Emily and definitely more Glenn.

I'm actually not minding this stalker stuff so far. Do wonder why the hell Maddie had so many straws?? Jeez. That was a disaster waiting to happen. Not too quick on the uptake, that one.

Javery. What Juliette said was that she'd never cared about anyone else. Still not true, but it's coming from her perspective and I can easily see how she'd think that considering everything that's happened in the past year of her life. Didn't have a problem with it. I did have a problem not seeing Emily the second time she went to Hallie's but I just I should assume she didn't drive herself.

Loved the scene where Cadence peed on her mother. Poor wet baby!

Didn't really care for Will adding Sadie in the crazies with Layla and Ashley. Sadie had been abused. Not the same thing.

Bless Avery with the jumping for joy.

Last edited by soup333; 01-13-2017 at 04:42 AM
Old 01-13-2017, 07:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Since my general mood isn´t so great now, I had a lot of focus issues

But I really did like everything they did with Maddie/Deacon. It was great to get her admit that she didn´t believe in anything she said at court. And loved Juliette finding music again, that song was so great

And points to Avery for walking out that horrible Ashley Whatsernuggets
Old 01-13-2017, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Javery. What Juliette said was that she'd never cared about anyone else. Still not true, but it's coming from her perspective and I can easily see how she'd think that considering everything that's happened in the past year of her life. Didn't have a problem with it. I did have a problem not seeing Emily the second time she went to Hallie's but I just I should assume she didn't drive herself.

Didn't really care for Will adding Sadie in the crazies with Layla and Ashley. Sadie had been abused. Not the same thing.

Bless Avery with the jumping for joy.
I didn't like it because yes I get Juliette has been selfish a lot in the past but it felt the whole season 4 that they were trying to sell PPD as selfishness with insanity and felt like it downplayed her love for not just Avery, Cadence but everyone else. She was sick.

As for the Sadie comment, it was Gunnar who added her.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:20 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
I didn't like it because yes I get Juliette has been selfish a lot in the past but it felt the whole season 4 that they were trying to sell PPD as selfishness with insanity and felt like it downplayed her love for not just Avery, Cadence but everyone else. She was sick.

As for the Sadie comment, it was Gunnar who added her.
Let me be clear, I didn't like the wacko magnet omment at all. I get what they were going for, but let's not forget the other two failed albums and the reasons behind them. Scarlett (mental breakdown) and Juliette (PPD). I understand why they included that bit of conversation but felt didn't like it. I DID like that it's obvious that everyone thinks Layla was crazypants and that Will has evidently NOT forgiven her.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Let me be clear, I didn't like the wacko magnet omment at all. I get what they were going for, but let's not forget the other two failed albums and the reasons behind them. Scarlett (mental breakdown) and Juliette (PPD). I understand why they included that bit of conversation but felt didn't like it. I DID like that it's obvious that everyone thinks Layla was crazypants and that Will has evidently NOT forgiven her.
I was surprised yet not when Scarlett wasn't added to the mix. I felt that way too that it was messed up to name Sadie in that. I was like I get you are trying to show people you haven't forgotten past character like the Luke name drop and Layla/Sadie this week but yeah I agree it was messed up to include her. That poor woman went through hell.

Did love that the guys apparently found of offscreen what Layla really did and know her for what she is. About freaken time.