Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-13-2017, 10:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
I was surprised yet not when Scarlett wasn't added to the mix. I felt that way too that it was messed up to name Sadie in that. I was like I get you are trying to show people you haven't forgotten past character like the Luke name drop and Layla/Sadie this week but yeah I agree it was messed up to include her. That poor woman went through hell.

Did love that the guys apparently found of offscreen what Layla really did and know her for what she is. About freaken time.
I forgot to say my favorite part of it was Avery saying he has PTSD. That had to be from dealing with Layla. That just made my petty heart grow two sizes!
Old 01-13-2017, 10:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
I forgot to say my favorite part of it was Avery saying he has PTSD. That had to be from dealing with Layla. That just made my petty heart grow two sizes!
Anything that has people actually showing/knowing Layla for what she was instead of everyone's sudden friend in s4B is like joy to my life.. yes I don't need much Gosh I dislike how that character was written (and portrayed )

On an unrelated note, I ship Deacon/lollipop. That scene was just so funny.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Did love that the guys apparently found out offscreen what Layla really did and know her for what she is. About freaken time.
I loved that too! I like how the guys obviously tell each other a lot about their lives. I've had roommates where all we talked about was what was on TV or who didn't pay what bill.

Quote:
I will be laughing all day from this.

Quote:
On an unrelated note, I ship Deacon/lollipop. That scene was just so funny.
Loved that! I also loved Deacon's reading glasses.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'd give this episode a B. There was a lot that I liked but there is room for improvement.

Maddie: I'm still MEH about Maddie. She's still a bitch. Like the new guy okay. He has a nice voice and their scenes were cute. Was hoping that dealing with Ashley would be like looking in a mirror for Maddie but that didn't happen. She did not get that she and Ashley are acting exactly the same. It's like it went right over her head. Seriously? "Am I becoming a bitch?" Girlfriend you are flat out THERE and have been for too long. What is this "becoming" crap?? Thank God for Daphne. Thought she got off wwaaayyyy too easy with Deacon. Glad it happened but I thought it was lacking. She just doesn't seem that remorseful to me and I still don't think she really gets it. The scene with her and Deacon was good but I think she still has penance to do.

Deacon: I LMAO at the This April comment. Thank God I didn't have anything in my mouth because I would have spit it across the room. Loved the eye rolls between Avery and Deacon at how atrocious Ashley was. Don't like that character at all and hope we don't see her again. One teenage bitch on the show is already one too many.

J/A: I wished that they had more scenes together but I liked what we got. Loved that J called Avery Babe, loved the moment in the nursery after the most awesome baby ever peed on J, liked that they at least talked about where their relationship is even though it is just in neutral at this point. That seems right to me. J is focusing on healing and they went through so much last season. Loved J's scenes with Hailee. I like her character. The song was great at the end too (although singing it with A would have been better). Loved the three boys together as always. I think my favorite part though (aside from the peeing) was when Gunnar told Avery he could start focusing on himself and Avery said he had no idea who that even was. Nailed it. Avery has flip flopped so much that he has lost his identity. It needs to be addressed. Seeing him going through the pictures seems like good foreshadowing of what's to come. Always love seeing Emily too. Need more of her and where the Hell is Glen??

Not looking forward to next week's show. Based on the previews, W/K are probably done. Have I mentioned how much I am hating Will's story line???
Old 01-13-2017, 12:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)
I'd give this episode a B. There was a lot that I liked but there is room for improvement.

Maddie: I'm still MEH about Maddie. She's still a bitch. Like the new guy okay. He has a nice voice and their scenes were cute. Was hoping that dealing with Ashley would be like looking in a mirror for Maddie but that didn't happen. She did not get that she and Ashley are acting exactly the same. It's like it went right over her head. Seriously? "Am I becoming a bitch?" Girlfriend you are flat out THERE and have been for too long. What is this "becoming" crap?? Thank God for Daphne. Thought she got off wwaaayyyy too easy with Deacon. Glad it happened but I thought it was lacking. She just doesn't seem that remorseful to me and I still don't think she really gets it. The scene with her and Deacon was good but I think she still has penance to do.?
Amen. I said the exact same thing to my screen. Becoming? Honey, we are well and past the metamorphosis stage of your bitchiness. I loved how Daphne didn't say anything other than that. Nothing else was necessary.

Also agree with what you said about Ashley. I thought Maddie would get it but she didn't connect her behavior to Ashley's at all. Rayna has to go and tell her it's time to apologize. If not for that she probably never would have.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:13 PM
Total Fan

I wondered if Ashley really did have a real medical problem/low blood sugar or if it was just a ploy to get her way. And some of their lines were changed for Avery and Ashley's scenes, too. There has been a lot of that....changing dialogue from the sides. Will we see her again? She hasn't been mentioned anymore. I was hoping she and Maddie could help each other mature in the business and learn from each other.

So, does Maddie still have the intern job now? I didn't think Maddie's words to Ashley were so bad until I heard Deacon talking to Rayna. I kinda' thought Ashley deserved what she got, but after hearing Deacon tell Rayna about the episode, I understand Maddie was out-of-line.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
I wondered if Ashley really did have a real medical problem/low blood sugar or if it was just a ploy to get her way. And some of their lines were changed for Avery and Ashley's scenes, too. There has been a lot of that....changing dialogue from the sides. Will we see her again? She hasn't been mentioned anymore. I was hoping she and Maddie could help each other mature in the business and learn from each other.

So, does Maddie still have the intern job now? I didn't think Maddie's words to Ashley were so bad until I heard Deacon talking to Rayna. I kinda' thought Ashley deserved what she got, but after hearing Deacon tell Rayna about the episode, I understand Maddie was out-of-line.
I thought it was about her hangover mostly.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:01 PM
Loyal Fan

I thought I would never get through this episode because Hulu/my Internet was sucking hard. I miss being able to watch live

I was a big Maddie hater in episode one, but kill me, I like her with Clay. I also liked her self-realization at the end, and the fact that what she did with the whole emancipation thing wasn't just swept under the rug.

Ashley's voice was excruciating, loved Avery and Deacon's faces. Guys, I am starting to think Avery is not cut out to be a producer The guys made a good point that he has terrible luck with artists, but I'm guessing most producers deal with difficult, diva artists a lot. Avery is too nice and emotional.

I am not as good a person as Hallie, I'd have kept the car.

I liked the J/A scenes. Didn't expect that J/A's nice moment would be precipitated by Cadence peeing I think Juliette saying she never cared about anyone but herself is just her hating on herself. She has clearly cared about Avery, Glenn, Emily, Cadence, Maddie, Deacon, Rayna, at different points. She is just going through survivor's guilt and thinking the worst about herself because of it. Also I liked their little exchange at the end before Juliette did her song.

In the new showrunners' world, Layla officially = whacko.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Also agree with what you said about Ashley. I thought Maddie would get it but she didn't connect her behavior to Ashley's at all. Rayna has to go and tell her it's time to apologize. If not for that she probably never would have.
Seriously. That child is unbelievable. It's like it never even occurred to her that she should apologize for her behavior last season until Rayna spelled it out for her. And honestly, I still don't think she really gets it. Ok so she finally got her head around lying about her dad in court was wrong and really hurt him. But it's so much more than that. She does not have bad parents. They gave her a record deal. They do everything to protect her. I don't think she has the first clue that the emancipation mess hurt Rayna and Daphne too and unless someone guides her to that apology it won't happen. What she did was so far beyond teenage rebellion. And she seemed to think it's ok to just move back home, pretend nothing happened and act like the same brat she was before.

Hopefully she'll at least start acting better going forward
Sarah [youtube]
Old 01-13-2017, 08:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Seriously. That child is unbelievable. It's like it never even occurred to her that she should apologize for her behavior last season until Rayna spelled it out for her. And honestly, I still don't think she really gets it. Ok so she finally got her head around lying about her dad in court was wrong and really hurt him. But it's so much more than that. She does not have bad parents. They gave her a record deal. They do everything to protect her. I don't think she has the first clue that the emancipation mess hurt Rayna and Daphne too and unless someone guides her to that apology it won't happen. What she did was so far beyond teenage rebellion. And she seemed to think it's ok to just move back home, pretend nothing happened and act like the same brat she was before.

Hopefully she'll at least start acting better going forward
And add to that company having now money problems partly because Rayna had to buy Maddie out of her contract...
Old 01-13-2017, 08:34 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbcwrites (View Post)
I liked the J/A scenes. Didn't expect that J/A's nice moment would be precipitated by Cadence peeing I think Juliette saying she never cared about anyone but herself is just her hating on herself. She has clearly cared about Avery, Glenn, Emily, Cadence, Maddie, Deacon, Rayna, at different points. She is just going through survivor's guilt and thinking the worst about herself because of it. Also I liked their little exchange at the end before Juliette did her song.
You can even add Layla Grant to this list of people Juliette cared about. Remember the time Juliette tried to be kind to Layla warning her about Santa Clause and telling Layla that she didn't have to play all his dirty little games....she didn't have to "sit on his lap" in order to get ahead in the business. Well, we see how that thoughtfulness turned out.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
You can even add Layla Grant to this list of people Juliette cared about. Remember the time Juliette tried to be kind to Layla warning her about Santa Clause and telling Layla that she didn't have to play all his dirty little games....she didn't have to "sit on his lap" in order to get ahead in the business. Well, we see how that thoughtfulness turned out.
I guess. Cared enough to try to stop her from falling into the pitfalls she'd fallen into. But I wouldn't compare it to her actually caring about any of the others. Juliette treated Layla badly on that tour.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Juliette treated Layla badly on that tour.
She did but in her defense Layla got off easy for everything she pulled on Juliette. Anyone else would have gotten her kick off the tour. It was so plot nonsense that she wasn't fired. And still annoyed Layla never paid for the Charlie thing. At least now it seems Gunnar and Will know about her leaking the Jeff death stuff. Still wonder if Avery found out about being used for pics.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:13 PM
Total Fan

Just sharing some of my thoughts about Episode 3: From the moment Cadence peed on Juliette's legs, Juliette's defeatist temperament began to change. Before that she seemed to have had a devil on her shoulder. She was snappy and impatient and rude to Avery. But it was as if with the realization that she could feel something in her legs, her attitude changed. Her whole body seemed to relax. She began to have hope and with that, she smiled and laughed and showed affection toward Cadence and especially toward Avery. Also she was different when Avery brought her back home after seeing the doctor about her legs. She wasn't as impatient or short with him. She seemed to have a reason for hope....a future where she could walk. And as soon as he left, she began to put those feeling of hope and getting better down in a song which only reinforces my notion that she had finally taken a step....a giant leap really..... in the right direction toward true healing. I hope this doesn't backfire in the next episode when she falls in the bathroom.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:04 AM
Extreme Fan

I keep watching and loving the scene where Rayna comes home for the night. I love the way she says, "Sounds like a wonderful day."

I also laughed at Maddie telling Ashley the restaurant was busy when she'd been hanging out with Clay. That girl has a lot to learn about internships. Good Lord, the rumors spreading around Nashville about that girl.