Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-16-2017, 09:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
I keep watching and loving the scene where Rayna comes home for the night. I love the way she says, "Sounds like a wonderful day."
I rewatched that scene recently, and I loved the facial expressions on Rayna's face as Deacon describes what happened at the studio, especially when he told her that Ashley was the smartest person in the world.

Quote:
I also laughed at Maddie telling Ashley the restaurant was busy when she'd been hanging out with Clay. That girl has a lot to learn about internships. Good Lord, the rumors spreading around Nashville about that girl.
I know! This is her first job, and she is not taking it seriously enough there. But later, I liked how she told Clay that she'd love to listen to his song but she had to do it after work. At least she seemed to become more professional.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I keep watching and loving the scene where Rayna comes home for the night. I love the way she says, "Sounds like a wonderful day."

I also laughed at Maddie telling Ashley the restaurant was busy when she'd been hanging out with Clay. That girl has a lot to learn about internships. Good Lord, the rumors spreading around Nashville about that girl.
Loved both Deyna and Javery after that day scenes. It was also sweet how Avery commented that Juliette is a meek sparrow compared to Ashley
Old 01-16-2017, 04:50 PM
Total Fan

^ Avery must be in love to say such a sweet thing about Juliette. Call her...a spitfire....a firecracker... a Prima Dona, Yes. A sparrow.... Hemm, I don't think so. I'm especially thinking back to the night when she wouldn't let him take her salted caramels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
I rewatched that scene recently, and I loved the facial expressions on Rayna's face as Deacon describes what happened at the studio, especially when he told her that Ashley was the smartest person in the world.

I know! This is her first job, and she is not taking it seriously enough there. But later, I liked how she told Clay that she'd love to listen to his song but she had to do it after work. At least she seemed to become more professional.
I think I'm seeing Maddie take some baby steps in Season 5. She finally sang with Daphne in E1, sought out Daphne's truthful opinion about her "bitchy" behavior, spoke with her dad about the trial fiasco, and apologized to both Deacon and Ashley in E3. Surely hoping we see a kinder, gentler side from her. I don't mind a little teenage angst, but I've seem enough to do me for a long while.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
^ Avery must be in love to say such a sweet thing about Juliette. Call her...a spitfire....a firecracker... a Prima Dona, Yes. A sparrow.... Hemm, I don't think so. I'm especially thinking back to the night when she wouldn't let him take her salted caramels.
I disagree. He said compared to Ashley not in general. So yes she is a sparrow compared to Ashley because while yes Juliette is a diva she let in Avery's point of view when it came to her music. She even told Sadie that he was the best thing to happen to her music. And as for the salted caramels it was a teasing scene. Avery quit after one day or two with Ashley while Juliette he got the best out of her and she is probably one of his favorite one out of all the people he produced.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:40 PM
Extreme Fan

I do think he's in love but I definitely thought he was talking work-wise with the sparrow comment. They always seemed to have a good working relationship (producing and songwriting) until the stupid PPD. He's had good working relationships with Scarlett and Sadie too. It was Markass, Layla and Ashley who were the problems.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I do think he's in love but I definitely thought he was talking work-wise with the sparrow comment. They always seemed to have a good working relationship (producing and songwriting) until the stupid PPD. He's had good working relationships with Scarlett and Sadie too. It was Markass, Layla and Ashley who were the problems.
And there is also Deacon if we count the EP at the bluebird. And yeah about the good relationship. They co-wrote ''Dreams'' and ''Don't put dirt on my grave just yet'' and who knows what else. And it got him nominated with her for a CMA. While Ashley never listened to any of his advice.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think he had a good working relationship with Layla too. It was all the other BS about her that gave him PTSD. LOL
Old 01-16-2017, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think he had a good working relationship with Layla too. It was all the other BS about her that gave him PTSD. LOL
He did but at the same time I don't know that he would think so looking back. He probably thinks everything she did/included him in was not based on his talents and just playing him. The others seeked him out based on reputation/talent/knowledge of their on history... Layla not so much.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:02 PM
Loyal Fan

^I agree with that. It's too bad too because I think working with her gave him a much-needed ego boost career-wise and also made him feel like he was finally moving on with his life/career. And now it's all tainted. I'm surprised she hasn't tried contacting him a few times or sending him creepy letters. It seems like something she'd do.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
^I agree with that. It's too bad too because I think working with her gave him a much-needed ego boost career-wise and also made him feel like he was finally moving on with his life/career. And now it's all tainted. I'm surprised she hasn't tried contacting him a few times or sending him creepy letters. It seems like something she'd do.
Yeah they decided for Autumn to be the creepy phone stalker instead Even if Will brought up her name in this episode we still don't know what happened to her. Why are they allergic to telling us that. I am fine if she fell off a cliff, just tell me already cause it's ridiculous.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I disagree. She was extremely needy. Even if she wasn't trying to scam him the entire time to ruin Juliette's life, she was way too reliant on him. Glenn was her manager and some of the stuff she was bothering Avery with she should have been talking to him about. And yes, it's probably all tainted now. If she had any shame or self respect she'd crawl in a hole.

I'm not even looking for another mention of her at this point. SLBC said it but the writers have deemed her crazy pants and they intentionally gave that line about her to Will. That friendship is broken. She has no ties to any of the younger cast. There's only Rayna/HW65 left, if that's even a thing. She hasn't been mentioned and neither have her album sales so who knows what happened. At this point I don't care and I'm about assured that she won't be back because she has no "deep relationship" with anyone else besides Rayna.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I disagree. She was extremely needy. Even if she wasn't trying to scam him the entire time to ruin Juliette's life, she was way too reliant on him. Glenn was her manager and some of the stuff she was bothering Avery with she should have been talking to him about. And yes, it's probably all tainted now. If she had any shame or self respect she'd crawl in a hole.

I'm not even looking for another mention of her at this point. SLBC said it but the writers have deemed her crazy pants and they intentionally gave that line about her to Will. That friendship is broken. She has no ties to any of the younger cast. There's only Rayna/HW65 left, if that's even a thing. She hasn't been mentioned and neither have her album sales so who knows what happened. At this point I don't care and I'm about assured that she won't be back because she has no "deep relationship" with anyone else besides Rayna.
Well, they seem to know all about what's going on with everyone. Gunnar knew Avery had quit the Ashley gig. How? Rayna, maybe? So it seems reasonable that they all know what Layla did too, and then Rayna dropped her from the label. I would be quite pleased if that was the case.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

ITA with the first part. I just think she should have been mentioned when it comes to HW65. The fact They haven't when They could have easily closed the book by saying she took the exes spot with Autumn or anything really is just odd. I don't trust it.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
ITA with the first part. I just think she should have been mentioned when it comes to HW65. The fact They haven't when They could have easily closed the book by saying she took the exes spot with Autumn or anything really is just odd. I don't trust it.
I didn't think you would.

I feel like they don't think she's important - or worthy enough to get a mention. Just like the Beverly and whatever happened with the fallout from that. We mention that she's crazy and let it go. I suppose they could bring her up with HW65, but they've had multiple opportunities to do so and haven't.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I didn't think you would.

I feel like they don't think she's important - or worthy enough to get a mention. Just like the Beverly and whatever happened with the fallout from that. We mention that she's crazy and let it go. I suppose they could bring her up with HW65, but they've had multiple opportunities to do so and haven't.
Don't get me wrong it does give the impression that the writers don't give a crap about the character but they keep saying one thing but doing the opposite. Like they say they are getting away from soapy yet keep throwing things in that are super soapy like the stalker stuff, the wheelchair angle and it doesn't look like it is slowing down on that so why should I trust that she hasn't been MIA in public cause she went off to hide an unwanted by the viewers pregnancy. If the writers really walked away from soapy I would trust it but right now I am not seeing that.