Old 04-23-2015, 10:30 PM
Master Fan

This week's scenes

Last scene kills me

And I do love all the hand holding and cuddling that was going on all episode
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-23-2015, 11:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

I watched it again last night and I have to admit, I do really love how comfortable they are with each other. The goofy Candy Crush cuteness was a great example of that. And I like how they talked about how despite it being complicated when she was with Teddy, it only made the music better. I didn't mind that Scarlett was there, I like them sharing these things with others.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:29 PM
Master Fan

Just giffed the Candy Crush moment... these adorable dorks

This is a terrible way to pass the time.
The way you play.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-23-2015, 11:43 PM
Loyal Fan

I feel like Chip and Connie were genuinely laughing there.

There were lots of really cute D/R moments but, given the storyline, there was room for lots of interesting conversations. Deacon's best scene was with Gunnar of all people.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:31 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Just giffed the Candy Crush moment... these adorable dorks
Love the gif! Even when the writers miss opportunities with the storyline, at least we can always count on D/R awesome chemistry.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Chip and Connie bring it every time, regardless of what they have to work with.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

Random observation... Rayna's wearing the belt in the This Time scene
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-25-2015, 02:11 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Random observation... Rayna's wearing the belt in the This Time scene
I hadn't noticed, thanks for pointing out.
She's going to wear it every time she can from now on, right?

Old 04-25-2015, 05:53 AM
Loyal Fan

This was a nice post by madam magpie on PreviouslyTV

Quote:
I think it was always about Rayna and Deacon for Luke, though. I think that's what the show was trying to say with that flashback and the Ferris wheel story. Both Teddy and Luke wanted desperately to win Rayna away from Deacon. They felt like Deacon wasn't good enough for her, he was a drunk and a loser, and they could love her better, etc. (And of course, the implication of that is, "She doesn't know what she needs, so I must show her.") I also think they believed they deserved her and Deacon didn't deserve her. Because in many ways, they see Rayna as a prize to meet their own needs: the better man will get her to fall in love with him.

That's all bull****, of course, but I think a lot of men view women that way and a lot of women find that quality attractive. So it's not that Luke is a traditionally bad guy. He never really was. He was trying to get Rayna to love him, and the more he saw that she didn't in the way he felt they both deserved, the more frustrated, desperate, and angry he got. And to be fair, Rayna did lie to him (and herself) over and over again.

Deacon, on the other hand, is both completely secure in his relationship with Rayna, whatever it is at any given moment, and he sees her as someone who complements him: he's not the better man because he won her; he becomes a better man because of her. Sure, he got frustrated with her lying and hiding and that hurt him very much, but being with her doesn't validate him as a man like it would Luke or Teddy. He just loves who she is and he wants that person to share his life...which, of course, in a cruel twist of irony for Luke, makes Deacon the better man.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetigreen (View Post)
Ooh I like that! Very true
Old 04-25-2015, 09:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes to all of that. Hell, I think I've said most of that at some point.

Both Teddy and Luke saw the way she loves Deacon and thought they could make her love them like that if they could make her see that they're more deserving. Unfortunately for them it doesn't work that way. Them trying to prove that they were good guys did make her love them more. But it didn't make her love Deacon any less. Or make her love either of them more than Deacon. And they could see the way she just lights up around Deacon. And it would throw them into jealous fits of rage because no matter how hard they tried she never looked at them that way. And Deacon wasn't doing anything in particular. He didn't have to try to win her over. There's nothing he could do that could make her stop loving him and vice versa (and they've definitely tested that over the years).
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-25-2015, 10:00 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemgo3165 (View Post)
Chip and Connie bring it every time, regardless of what they have to work with.
Chip and Connie for sure brought it with what little they were given to work with. The hand holding, prayers, advice, laughter, tears...all spot on. It is wonderful seeing Deacon's support system united in his time of need. Rayna, Maddie and Scarlett give Deacon a reason to fight. That said, I was a little frustrated with 319. The Deyna scenes seemed rushed and choppy, almost like it was an afterthought to the CA hoopla. The family song ended up being a rehearsal that lasted all of five seconds. And I have questions. Is Deacon living with Rayna and the girls now? Since when has Daphne been feeling like home is not home? She loves Deacon and last time we saw Daphne she was a happy camper. Continuity would be nice.

I am very much looking forward to Debra's episode. Nothing against Dana and Geoffrey but I didn't get the impression Deacon and Rayna were a priority. Every writer brings something different to the table I guess.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Yeah that Daphne line felt a bit out of nowhere for me too. In theory I could totally understand why she'd feel that. Maddie's been wanting her parents back together and as much as Daphne loves Deacon he's not her dad. Plus all the cancer angst being around all the time could be a lot for her to deal with. But they haven't written that story. They've shown Daphne to be nothing but happy to have Deacon around. It would have been a perfectly legitimate story to tell but they haven't been telling it so they don't get to act like they have because they want to give Daphne her own story one week
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-25-2015, 11:15 AM
Addicted Fan

^ I felt like it was a cheap move to make whatever will happen to Teddy even more dramatic. I don't know, I hope I'm wrong.

Quote:
Thanks for bringing this over here, agree with everything said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtprincess (View Post)
Chip and Connie for sure brought it with what little they were given to work with. The hand holding, prayers, advice, laughter, tears...all spot on. It is wonderful seeing Deacon's support system united in his time of need. Rayna, Maddie and Scarlett give Deacon a reason to fight. That said, I was a little frustrated with 319. The Deyna scenes seemed rushed and choppy, almost like it was an afterthought to the CA hoopla.
Yes, that's the general sentiment here too. The storyline had so much more potential.
Welcome on FF, btw!
Old 04-25-2015, 11:26 AM
Master Fan

Oh they're totally setting up Teddy for maximum drama... telling Maddie the other week that he wasn't going anywhere... the scene with Daphne this week.. assuring Rayna that all the hooker mess was behind him... he'll probably get arrested in the finale while Deacon's in surgery
Sarah [youtube]