Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-23-2015, 05:22 AM
Addicted Fan

This...

x

Reminded me of this...

x

Rayna is the only one totally not interested in guitars.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
Yes, definitely. I like that he had that with Maddie, but I wanted to see one with Rayna. Their scenes were all way too short and it really decreased the emotional impact.
I agree. It´s lovely to see our couple together and happy but the season is ending and i wish they had longer scenes together AND ALONE. Next episode sounds boring and no Deacon/Rayna related. We only have a few left and i´m sure the last one will be a huge drama with Deacon´s cancer btw, weren´t they supposed to sing on this last episode with the girls. I´m confused
friendswithbenefits
Old 04-23-2015, 07:02 AM
Master Fan

^ At the very beginning the four of them were rehearsing This Time

I'm excited for next episode. It's a Deb Fordham episode and
Spoiler:

And I was a little disappointed that he got the call from the doctor before they got to do the red carpet. I'd like the public acknowledgement that they're back together.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-23-2015, 08:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey, I'm not sure where else I could ask this, so I hope it's okay that I do it here.

Can someone please tell me what Deacon said to Rayna after they finished rehearsing "This Time" ?
And what did he say to Rayna and Teddy, before he gets the call from his doctor ?

I do understand most of the dialogues, but sometimes my English is just not good enough, so it would be great if someone could help me here
Old 04-23-2015, 08:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy1993 (View Post)
Can someone please tell me what Deacon said to Rayna after they finished rehearsing "This Time" ?
And what did he say to Rayna and Teddy, before he gets the call from his doctor ?
Rayna: "Don't do this tonight if you're not feeling up for it."
Deacon: "I'm not gonna miss this, all right? It's not pushing it just to live my life. Thank you for caring, though."

And then, to Rayna and Teddy: "I'm pretty sure Daphne just bid on a pony."
Old 04-23-2015, 09:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Rhythm (View Post)
A scene with only the two of them when they get home, where she breaks down and for once Deacon would have been the strong one. Would have loved a scene like that.
Yes. I wrote that scene in my head after watching the show last night. I guess they were trying to leave us on the "help me figure out what to do, God" note, so as to explain
Spoiler:

I didn't really like the "help me not feel so alone" line from Rayna in the chapel. I don't want her to feel alone when she's back with Deacon!!

Also, regarding the disappointment about no red carpet--YES! They keep getting shafted on that. WHY couldn't the call have come right after the red carpet? One of the writers did acknowledge on Twitter that it's not the first time they've missed their red carpet moment. So maybe they'll remember that and give us a redemptive red carpet moment some time in the future. Hope springs eternal.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:41 AM
Loyal Fan

The "help me not feel so alone" line was perfect I thought. My father died of esophageal cancer when I was in my 20s, I can still remember the emptiness that filled me when we found out that they couldn't do anything surgically after waiting for 3 hours. And the look on my Dad's face when he found out - similar to Deacon's last night.

My Mom was there, but she had a hard time with what she perceived as his "not fighting" so she was finding any excuse to get out of the house. I was there with him a good bit, and we talked on the phone every other day or so, I'm also an only child, so for a long time I felt like I'd been thrown into the ocean without a life preserver and was all alone in my mission to help my Dad remain himself for as long as he could.

Caring for someone you love who is actively dying is hard, lonely work - cancer in and of itself is pretty lonely - people scatter like roaches in the light because they don't know what to say, so the support system tends to take a hit too. Totally empathized with Rayna, hopefully we'll get to see her give up on "being strong" for Deacon in the next episode or two.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Rayna: "Don't do this tonight if you're not feeling up for it."
Deacon: "I'm not gonna miss this, all right? It's not pushing it just to live my life. Thank you for caring, though."

And then, to Rayna and Teddy: "I'm pretty sure Daphne just bid on a pony."
Oh perfect ! Thank you !
Old 04-23-2015, 01:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Not entirely happy with those, but here a few icons anyway.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

^Going to steal the last one for a while. Thanks!

Quote:
I feel completely cheated by this episode. Why have this storyline if it's to treat it like some b-plot ?
This. I feel like I have read better fanfics dealing with this storyline. It really feels like a missed opportunity and it makes me sad, cause GAH, you have Connie and Chip... USE them.

Spoiler:
Old 04-23-2015, 02:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 (View Post)
Spoiler:
Next episode is a Debra Fordham episode, I usually trust her with the D/R storylines.

But yes, this last episode has definitely tempered my enthusiasm. First time in season 3B I was a bit disappointed with the D/R storyline. I'm going to be only cautiously excited about the next episodes.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
Yes, definitely. I like that he had that with Maddie, but I wanted to see one with Rayna. Their scenes were all way too short and it really decreased the emotional impact.
Totally. We needed a scene with Deacon and Rayna at the end, or even just Rayna being there to witness that conversation and then going to them both at the end.

I have to say I agree with most of you and I was disappointed that all their scenes seemed to be cut short to make room for Scarlett and the doctor or Jade, I mean seriously?! Scarlett annoys the hell out of me at the best of times but when Clare attempts to do "dramatic acting" I want to scratch my eyes out. She is so bad. And Christina Aguilera is an amazing singer, but actress, not so much. She actually makes me cringe.

I'm kind of horrified that the show is prioritising these stories, characters and actors with limited abilities over Chip and Connie and what we all know could be an amazing story. It's highly frustrating and disappointing, especially given how good the D/R scenes have been so far in 3B
Old 04-23-2015, 03:22 PM
Loyal Fan

I was really surprised last night when we went straight from the hospital room after the fever was announced to Scarlett and Dr. Doom, and then we never went back into the room. Would have loved to see how they both reacted to the news - a hug at least - and then the conversation leading to her leaving him alone to go find Maddie. Bizarre how it was edited.

Had real issues with that aspect of the episode in general last night. Too many side stories, not enough focus or the main characters and their truly compelling tales.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:22 PM
Master Fan

I still can't believe that after Deacon might not get the liver because of the fever they cut to Scarlett outside the room crying to Dr. Boyfriend. And we got none of the reactions of Deacon and Rayna. Seriously?! Chip and Connie in an emotional moment in Deacon's story vs Clare and Dr. Too Dull to Remember?! They picked the worst possible time to use Deacon's cancer/DR to prop SG.

I've been disappointed like this by Dana episodes before. Good potential stories that she managed to strip of any satisfying emotion.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-23-2015, 03:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemgo3165 (View Post)
Too many side stories, not enough focus or the main characters and their truly compelling tales.
Couldn't agree more. And the D/R storyline was the one that suffered the most from that.