Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-22-2015, 08:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetigreen (View Post)
While there will definitely be hurdles for Deacon as both a father and a husband, I really don't want to watch him majorly mess up those relationships. He's been longing for this for most of his adult life.

Random observation: I loved that Deacon just helped himself to a green smoothie from the fridge in the last episode. Rayna was probably buying them with Deacon's new juicing regime in mind.
I'm going to have to agree w you like 110% ugh I mean enoughs enough now lol
Old 04-22-2015, 08:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love that I can't tell what reactions and actions are actually scripted and what is just Connie and Chip being Connie and Chip. There was a moment tonight when Deacon and Rayna were playing Candy Crush and their laughter was so hard and genuine that it actually felt like Connie and Chip were just cracking each other up. It was adorable. I love that they enjoy working with each other so much.

Connie, Chip and Lennon absolutely broke my heart in that final minute.

Last edited by calidub; 04-22-2015 at 08:58 PM
Old 04-22-2015, 10:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

That last scene was really powerful. Fantastic acting by Chip and Lennon. Also, Rayna holding Deacon's hand as they go into the OR, I loved that.

I have to say though, I had big expectations for the DR scenes, but it seems they all got cut short in favor of shoving CA down our throats. A little disappointed here.

Last edited by danax6; 04-22-2015 at 10:34 PM
Old 04-22-2015, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

They didn't really get a real conversation all night. He gets the call about the liver, end scene no real reaction. He finds out he might not get the liver, cut to Scarlett and Dr. Dull. Deacon's longest conversation was with Gunnar of all people. And then we're going to randomly prop SG in the middle of all this?!

But they were being all adorably coupley all episode. Holding hands most of the time. Being cuddly when it looked like he was going to be able to have the surgery. Loved the scene when they were taking him off to surgery.

Loved the scenes at the end end though. Deacon, Maddie and Rayna all broke my heart at the end though. Rayna really needed another scene with Deacon after that though. She's been trying to be strong for everyone and she needed to be able to break down with him for a minute
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-22-2015, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll take adorable and cute over long conversations. They've had too many long conversations
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 04-22-2015, 11:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, that's what was lacking. A decent scene with just Deacon and Rayna. Kind of like the one he had with Maddie.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the family stuff with Deacon, Maddie and Rayna is long overdue.

I loved they were praying tonight
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 04-23-2015, 12:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 (View Post)
Yeah, that's what was lacking. A decent scene with just Deacon and Rayna. Kind of like the one he had with Maddie.
Yeah... would have liked one more scene.. maybe once they got home with just the two of them
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-23-2015, 01:23 AM
Master Fan

I need to stop making gifs and go to bed

but just look at them

x
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-23-2015, 01:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't blame you for your gif addiction
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 04-23-2015, 01:37 AM
Addicted Fan

I feel completely cheated by this episode. Why have this storyline if it's to treat it like some b-plot ? The last scene felt real and great, but all the other ones were cut too short, it's frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I'll take adorable and cute over long conversations. They've had too many long conversations
Complete opposite here. But it takes good writers to write long meaningful conversations, to really dip into the POV of the characters and it seems that some of these writers are limited to showing people holding hands in music montages to express emotions. Don't get me wrong though, I like those kind of scenes too, but we need long conversations to dig deeper into the characters. It's such a waste when it's a storyline involving actors like Connie and Chip!
Old 04-23-2015, 01:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just want to see Deacon and Rayna happy for a little bit. They've had so much drama thrown at them that some nice, funny scenes are like refreshing
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 04-23-2015, 01:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Rhythm (View Post)
I feel completely cheated by this episode. Why have this storyline if it's to treat it like some b-plot ? The last scene felt real and great, but all the other ones were cut too short, it's frustrating.

Complete opposite here. But it takes good writers to write long meaningful conversations, to really dip into the POV of the characters and it seems that some of these writers are limited to showing people holding hands in music montages to express emotions. Don't get me wrong though, I like those kind of scenes too, but we need long conversations to dig deeper into the characters. It's such a waste when it's a storyline involving actors like Connie and Chip!
iTA... I need real conversations... I feel like Rayna in particular barely said anything all episode... except for the last scene everything just seemed to be trying to push the plot along and completely neglecting the emotion of the situation
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-23-2015, 01:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I just want to see Deacon and Rayna happy for a little bit. They've had so much drama thrown at them that some nice, funny scenes are like refreshing
I know, but it can't be with a storyline like the one in this episode. The writers should have let them stay at the charity event then and it could have been a storyline where they try to forget about the cancer for one evening at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Rayna really needed another scene with Deacon after that though. She's been trying to be strong for everyone and she needed to be able to break down with him for a minute
This. A scene with only the two of them when they get home, where she breaks down and for once Deacon would have been the strong one. Would have loved a scene like that.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 (View Post)
Yes, definitely. I like that he had that with Maddie, but I wanted to see one with Rayna. Their scenes were all way too short and it really decreased the emotional impact.