Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm basically watching for Avery these days was so good to get more of him in the last episode hope it continues- and I want more songs too
Old 12-26-2015, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ugh I need to see Avery happy again. While JJ kills me with his angst, he starting to give me Lucky-depression levels of sadness.
Old 12-26-2015, 02:03 PM
Loyal Fan

I so agree with you - it's time for some positive Avery stories . I didn't watch Gen Hosp but basically Avery has been paying the price for burning his masters since mid season 1 then he's had all the crap with Juliette to deal with and he's been just sad now since about Episode 318 which is about 14/15 episodes of straight misery with nothing positive at all happening and I've had enough - he's plays it SO well honestly I think he is amazing but come on he can do comedy and the lighter stuff just as well and I'm ready for a change now!
Old 12-26-2015, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

I don't think anyone in the show's universe even remembers that he burned his masters. The writers have just given him zero career goals since that initial arc. Whatever random musical hole they have in whatever story they just stick Avery in. And it's never about Avery.

Basically his entire 4A story was being upset about Juliette stuff without actually having interaction with Juliette. He was pretty much just hanging around until she could crash and burn elsewhere. Then when that had to be moved offscreen he ended up with more episodes of the same.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 12-26-2015, 02:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
I don't think anyone in the show's universe even remembers that he burned his masters. The writers have just given him zero career goals since that initial arc. Whatever random musical hole they have in whatever story they just stick Avery in. And it's never about Avery.

Basically his entire 4A story was being upset about Juliette stuff without actually having interaction with Juliette. He was pretty much just hanging around until she could crash and burn elsewhere. Then when that had to be moved offscreen he ended up with more episodes of the same.
And we can all guess which character he's going to have to prop up next . Ugh. Poor Avery never destined to get any luck or decent stories of his own.

I just love JJ so much I take any crumbs I can get !!!
Old 12-26-2015, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB47 (View Post)
I just love JJ so much I take any crumbs I can get !!!
and even with the crumbs he got a Critics Choice nom!

I have my doubts we are going to be getting anything super big on Avery's career. I think the second half of the season will be Avery rebuilding his relationship with Juliette through Cadence, and then the show will be cancelled.
Old 12-26-2015, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I was so frustrated with the whole story of his last episode, lol. In no universe would a therapist who was not his show up to HIS house and tell him what he needed to do regarding his child. Juliette's therapist should be dealing with Juliette- either get her to figure out a way to contact him, or accept that he wants no contact with her. Introducing Juliette's therapist without having Hayden/Juliette was ludicrous. Avery never seems to have anything about AVERY
Old 12-26-2015, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Apparently Avery got a therapist without even realizing it...
Old 12-26-2015, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

All of the 4A episodes were written with Juliette in them and Avery's story definitely suffered from having to cut her out last second. They had to leave random bits of the original story so he'd have something to do but had to cut big parts of it because no Hayden. Whether the story as originally scripted would have been much better is an entirely different question but as it was it was randomly pieced together bits of whatever they came up with last second
Sarah [youtube]
Old 12-26-2015, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was even feeling Avery/Emily until she decided to make him feel guilty about not wanting to have anything to do with Juliette. I still don't see why it's such a big deal that he doesn't want anything to do with Juliette. If someone hurts you more than once, you don't have to go back for more torture...
Old 12-26-2015, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
Apparently Avery got a therapist without even realizing it...
Man, I would have thrown her out on her ass in his shoes, lol. Therapists aren't advocates for a third party the way she claimed- she has no business claiming she's an advocate for a child she hasn't even interacted with, and a therapist who was hired to work with the mother would never be assigned AS said advocate for said child, because she can't be objective. Ack, it was a nightmare, lol. Juliette's therapist shouldn't even be TALKING to Avery- he hasn't shown any inclination to want to do that, even if Juliette signed a release form allowing her to speak with him. That would never, ever happen. Ever. Ever. Ever. This show and its medical nonsense, lol.
Old 12-26-2015, 03:57 PM
Master Fan

I can't even get too hung up on the therapist mess because the whole story got gutted with Hayden being gone. It was clearly originally supposed to be Juliette, Avery and a therapist. But then there was no Juliette. And Avery hadn't so much as talked to Juliette. And they didn't have time to actually rewrite the story. This particular mess was not really their fault. They've created tons of messes and the originally scripted story may have also been a disaster but I can't really blame them for this one

Don't blame Avery for not wanting anything to do with Juliette either. She broke his trust and (especially without Hayden) has done exactly nothing to try to regain it.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 12-26-2015, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
I can't even get too hung up on the therapist mess because the whole story got gutted with Hayden being gone. It was clearly originally supposed to be Juliette, Avery and a therapist. But then there was no Juliette. And Avery hadn't so much as talked to Juliette. And they didn't have time to actually rewrite the story. This particular mess was not really their fault. They've created tons of messes and the originally scripted story may have also been a disaster but I can't really blame them for this one

Don't blame Avery for not wanting anything to do with Juliette either. She broke his trust and (especially without Hayden) has done exactly nothing to try to regain it.
I don't know, I think they could have just scrapped the therapist. She wasn't really needed- Emily could have had her dialogue. Overstepping her boundaries, most certainly, lol, but Emily is allowed to do that as a...not professional therapist, heh. No therapist would ever just show up on his door, and they should have known that and adjusted accordingly. As it was, Emily was already bordering on inappropriate in terms of suggesting what he needed to do with his child, but at least he was being inappropriate back in terms of being territorial about her/their friendship, lol. The therapist was so far out of line with no provocation on his part, she was on another planet.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:41 PM
Loyal Fan

9 and 10 were messy because of Hayden so I can just about let them off (apart from the therapist bit as that was so pointless and stupid). However 1 - 8 were too with no excuses! The entire PPD story was awful and to make it worse we've had so few scenes with J/A interacting in the entire season so far so it hasn't even been good angst like most of season 3A was. Episode 6 was the most pointless Avery episode in the season - all he did was run around asking others what they were going to go about Juliette (Jeff/Glenn etc) and then he did nothing himself so it was a total waste of time. And don't get me started on the stupid jingle job/Avery is broke side story.

And yes Avery would be a fool I'm afraid to let Juliette back in as things stand right now, he's seen nothing yet to prove she is really trying to change and he has to protect Cadence as his first priority. And they need to keep him living with Gunnar and Will as that's the one of the few things that most viewers/critics have enjoyed this season
Old 12-26-2015, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

The writers have a hard enough time when they actually have time to plan things out that I'm not going to hold it against them when they actually did have to pull something together last second

I feel like they already increased Emily's lines by a lot from what was originally written. And they were already trying to do a lot of rewriting and cutting on the fly. So anything they didn't absolutely have to cut because there's no way it could work without Hayden they kept with as few tweaks as possible.
Sarah [youtube]