Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2017, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

Yes it is.
Spoiler:
Old 04-27-2017, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have ordered the book and was hoping he would be in it too! I will be able to read this next week hopefully
Old 04-27-2017, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

I will be interested to hear what you all think about the book. Maybe we can discuss it after everyone is finished reading it.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

I will order it as soon as I have all my Cards back. so far I can not pay for anything lol

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-28-2017, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I won't be able to order until May but, yeah, I'd like to talk about it after. Overall, did you like it Sherry even if there was

Spoiler:

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

It was okay. You could tell it was written for young adults. It was also written in 1st person from Regina's point of view which surprised me. I just didn't expect that.

They did a really good job with Cora and Henry Sr. They were very much like their characters on the show.

There was one thing that really contradicted the show's canon that I thought shouldn't have been included. You'll know it when you read it.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh interesting. 1st person. Okay. Yeah, if something doesn't fit with canon, we'll certainly pick up on it, lol. Are these books supposed to tie in with the show, do they come off of ABC or Disney - who gets to write these stories & why I wonder.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 04-28-2017 at 05:13 PM
Old 04-28-2017, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

I really don't know much about the books. I'm not sure if they're even considered canon. Although like I said, there is one obvious contradiction.

I love that Daniel still gets mentioned at least once or twice most seasons.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I wasn't sure how the books worked either. I think the same author that wrote for Regina rising was the same one who wrote for the book before this one, about Ruby|Red. But there was a different author for the first one, ReAwakened, told from Emma and Mary Margaret's point of view. But the major complaint I heard for that one is people think it's mostly a rehashing of s1 with nothing that new.

I also liked how Daniel was acknowledged through the series. The two most important men in Regina's life from the EF were both honored when she named her son ... Henry Daniel.

I would have liked at least one more pre-Queen flashback early on (maybe early s2) where they showed us Daniel & Regina meeting? I only say that because maybe this would have provided some more depth on how much this relationship impacted her and why it was such a huge deal when the secret got broken. We know Snow was only 10 and she didn't tell out of spite, but I remember so many thought it was ridiculous and unrelatable because Snow was only a child. But it was more about the loss itself, what was internally ripped from her that was significant. Not the fact that Snow was just 10 but that is where the focus went for many. It wouldn't have changed everyone's mind, of course, but having the foundation and then seeing the foundation play out would show how & why Daniel became so important. Stable Boy is great but that gave us after the fact.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

I would have loved to see how Regina and Daniel met. We don't even know how long they were together. Considering the impact he had on Regina's story, I feel like that story deserved more time. It would have made the viewers understand Regina a bit more if they'd been given more of that story to help them sympathize with her.

Heather you make a good point about the focus being more on the fact that Snow was a child than about the impact the loss had on Regina. I remember when it aired thinking "That's it?? This whole feud was over that??" This was when I was a casual viewer and really hadn't given much thought to Regina's psychology yet. It wasn't until Cora became a recurring character in season 2 that I really started to see how Regina was so manipulated by Cora that she was unable to lay the proper blame with Cora and therefore shifted it on to Snow.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. I think it would have been a good idea to maybe show what Cora was doing to Regina more and contrast that to how her happiness with Daniel was a necessary escape? Of course, back then, I don't know how much the writing was looking for us to sympathize with the villains.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

i also would have loved to see them meet. that would have been a beautiful scene I am sure

and yes I love how he is mentioned through the seasons. but I still wish we could have had more flashbacks wiht them. that one / two episodes was really just not enough

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-01-2017, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, and one of them was where he was already technically dead, lol.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

exactly tho that episode was just so that we could see Regina suffer again

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-03-2017, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

They do like to make Regina suffer. I don't re-watch that episode. It's too cruel.