Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2016, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
I shipped these two from the beginning!!
Cece, see, I didn't even know you are a Tom/Liz shipper
Old 04-22-2016, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was upset when we found out Tom wasn't really who he said he was. Got mad at him. Not fair on Liz when her life is such a mystery. That's actually when I stopped watching for a bit.
Old 04-23-2016, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

You didn't see that coming, Cece? Him being that spy? I somehow never trusted him from the beginning and thought it a great move.

But yes, for Liz it must have been pure horror. And still he fell in love with her on that way. I'm not sure if without everything that happened they would be where they are now...

Would you stop watching if he'd leave the show for that spin-off and Liz and Tom wouldn't be an item anymore?
Old 04-23-2016, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
I shipped these two from the beginning!!
Same.

icon: rachel/adam
Old 04-23-2016, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am bad at predicting things. Nope, didn't know he was a spy until it was revealed. What a twist! I thought he did a great job at playing pretend. Same with (AoS SPOILER ALERT) Grant Ward on AoS! Are you caught up with that show? Sorry if you're not. Saw that you watch AoS on the "what are you watching" thread.

I watch so many shows that The Blacklist isn't on my top list of shows actually. Unless I am all caught up during the week, I'd watch The Blacklist when I have time. Otherwise, I leave it to binge-watch during the summer. Same with other crime shows. My favorite genre is sci-fi and fantasy. So I am most of the time a season behind. So I probably wouldn't have stopped watching. It just made it easier to leave it for binge-watching over the summer.
Old 04-24-2016, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

First of all the OT, I'm caught up with AoS and yes, that came with a surprise for me, too
But somehow not Tom... He always felt so over the top, so perfect. I couldn't shake it off and I somehow always trusted Red.

Okay, so you'll binge-watch during summer and be back to discuss it with us, especially the Keen2 shippers, then Got it.

Quote:
Same.
Laura, what made you fall in love with them in the first place? And have you been kind of disappointed when it was revealed that he's actually a spy in season 1?
Old 04-24-2016, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

That sounded more like a command than a question.

Yes, got it!

I'm glad Liz and Tom found their way back to each other. It started as a job, but he ended up falling in love with her. And it was a beautiful ride (not so pretty actually, but I am super happy for them!!).
Old 04-25-2016, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

It is, Cece And since you're binge watching now - backwards - you can as well stay here right away

What do you think made Liz fall for him again? Did she ever not love him or was it just all overshadowed by her rage about his betrayal? I'm really wondering because I really can't judge her about it... For me it would never be possible to love this person anymore, that's why I don't understand it but I would like to.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love that you pointed out specifically that I am watching backwards.

I can understand forgiveness. And forgiveness was what led Liz to give him a second chance. I've had a lot of life experiences doing ministry like seeing inside of a prison. I have seen that people can change. Others feel incredibly guilty and regret what they have done. It takes a wrong turn sometimes to realize you've made a mistake. In Tom's case, it is a big betrayal, but I also saw that it was part of a "job" and if he didn't fulfill it or tried to get out, he would have been in big trouble by whoever hired him. That one guy tried to kill Tom telling him he was his biggest disappointment. After truly falling in love with Liz, I don't think Tom wanted to hurt her. Liz did get even with him by shooting him and locking him up. But Liz still saved him in the end. It's definitely a broken love story, but those I feel can end up being the strongest. They've been through a heck of a lot.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't know you where a Tom/Liz shipper either Cece. That's cool.

I think Liz never stopped loving him. I think she really wanted to when she found out her whole marriage was a lie but she spent years with him and she even wanted to adopt a baby with him. You can't just stop loving somebody like that. Even though what Tom did was SO SO bad. I didn't like it that she fell for him again but that's just cause I am not a shipper. Liz just always wanted a house with a white picket fence and a husband and child and she had the husband and the child and now she is dead.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I fall for the bad boys, apparently. Happened to me on TVD too with Damon and Elena. Why must the girls always die?!?! I also ship Hook with Emma [anyone really, because it's Killian!] on OUAT. And Hook is known as a villain. Something about them boys with a bad side. But only on TV shows. In real life, I have never in my life had a boyfriend and like Kris, don't plan on getting married. At least anytime soon, haha. Because never say never, right? Anyway, went a bit off topic.

I agree, Miranda. I don't feel like she ever stopped loving him. Can't help who your heart desires!
Old 04-27-2016, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, thanks so much Cece for giving us some inside on how you feel about Liz and Tom. I loved reading it and I love that you yourself got the chance to witness forgiveness and change in people in real life. I think that's a big advantage to me for example.

Shipperwise though we'd never match in any of the shows I don't ship any of the couples, apparently I wish for them not to end up together But that just on a side note. It made me laugh but I'm totally okay with that. I'm not one for shipper wars or anything.

Back on topic.

I agree with Miranda, I think that Liz really never stopped loving Tom although she really wanted to, she might even have believed she did but didn't actually. Red told her so and confronted her with her feelings, her love for Tom in 2x08 and she seemed so shocked in that moment. As if she had managed to lie to herself for such a long time but for another to have seen it nevertheless.

I guess it'll be extremely interesting to see how this will all continue and if these two have a chance or if they will be separated for good shall the spin-off been picked up I really can't tell how they are going to do it... Right now I really can't see Tom leaving her (and maybe even the child) out of any reason because he definitely loves her and he wanted to change, he even did. The question is, will it stick.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I actually think I ship Damon with Katharine more. She's not as whiny as Elena was. But since Nina left, we won't be getting Kat either. To me, the TVD story wasn't all that great, but I stayed for the eyecandy and sexy scenes. You have to have one of those guilty pleasure shows... Don't care for the story but give me some hot scenes. TVD delivered on that. Felt the same about Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga). Give me the steamy! Same with OUAT currently. The story is a bit boring now, but I watch now for just Hook. Don't even care if he ends up with Emma. But Killian likes Emma so guess I will be okay with it. I say I ship so and so mainly because my favorite characters [mostly of the male gender, lol] like said person and I WANT THEM TO BE HAPPY.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)

I agree with Miranda, I think that Liz really never stopped loving Tom although she really wanted to, she might even have believed she did but didn't actually. Red told her so and confronted her with her feelings, her love for Tom in 2x08 and she seemed so shocked in that moment. As if she had managed to lie to herself for such a long time but for another to have seen it nevertheless.
Maybe she convinced herself that she didn't love him anymore. Maybe that's why she locked him up on the boat. To hurt him the way she hurt him and to try not to love him anymore but that's didn't work out.
Quote:
I guess it'll be extremely interesting to see how this will all continue and if these two have a chance or if they will be separated for good shall the spin-off been picked up I really can't tell how they are going to do it... Right now I really can't see Tom leaving her (and maybe even the child) out of any reason because he definitely loves her and he wanted to change, he even did. The question is, will it stick.
I really don't know how the spin-off is going to be either. I really hope Tom is not going to leave our show permanently. I want to see how he deals with Liz's death and how he deals with being a single father now.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I, of course, don't want Tom to leave either!!