Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2015, 03:15 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

wow love the arts and gifs!! I can't help it - I am really hoping that Red takes Dembe's advice and tells Liz
Old 03-19-2015, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope so too Amy. Red needs to be totally honest with Liz otherwise their relationship can't heal. I just hope that Liz won't shut down and gives Red a chance to explain.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:07 AM
Loyal Fan

So their scene at the end of last night's episode obviously pointed towards Red killing Liz's mother or father, or both. So many people called it. There has to be more to the story though...Red has killed many people before without feeling guilt or considering whether or not they have families (regardless of whether or not he thinks they deserve it) so there has to be some long story behind it. I think that Liz's mother is an important part of the piece since no one talks about her.

BUT do you guys think that since the episode so clearly hinted towards Red talking about himself at the end that it could turn out that it's not what we think, and he didn't kill her parents? :/
Old 03-20-2015, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lindsay, I don't know if that person really saw my tweet. Would be funny though if he/she did.

Amy, I'm all with you... Red needs to be honest with her and in last nights episode I really thought he'd tell her. He opened his mouth but then closed it again and left. It won't get any better or easier the longer he waits.

Katelyn, you know what I think? Maybe he was in a similar situation as Lizzie was with the harbormaster. What if through his doing they all got into such a dangerous situation and there in her mother and/or father was/were killed and Red couldn't do anything because he was held back or unconscious or something like that... And the only person being left was Lizzie who he saved from the fire and got her out of the flames? What is it was such a mistake as Lizzie holding Tom captive was. And that's when he started to feel guilty, bring her to Sam and so on... This would imply of course that he isn't her father.

Or if he was her father it could have been similar as well. He could have gotten in such a situation without wanting it, her mother for example be killed and him not being able to do anything about it whatever reason for. And then again him saving her at least, bringing her to Sam because his guilt was gnawing on him... And then he had to disappear out of a reason we don't know yet...

But don't ask me how this Fulcrum fits in all of it... Maybe the Fulcrum was what it all originally was about and he didn't see that outcome coming.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Red was so totally talking about himself and Liz. And she got that. For a moment I thought he was gonna tell her about the fact that he hired Tom to watch her. You think that he though about telling her but he changed his mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EClare_x3 (View Post)
So their scene at the end of last night's episode obviously pointed towards Red killing Liz's mother or father, or both. So many people called it. There has to be more to the story though...Red has killed many people before without feeling guilt or considering whether or not they have families (regardless of whether or not he thinks they deserve it) so there has to be some long story behind it. I think that Liz's mother is an important part of the piece since no one talks about her.

BUT do you guys think that since the episode so clearly hinted towards Red talking about himself at the end that it could turn out that it's not what we think, and he didn't kill her parents? :/
You really think he pointed to that? That he killed her mother/father? He was clearly talking about himself in regards to what he has done to Liz. Keeping an eye on her and such I didn't get the feeling he was talking about possibly killing her mother and or father.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda, then you missed out on the "... With all the money, all the time and effort, all the favours in the world cannot possibly equal to what you took away from her. Everything else is……..is just a nice gesture." part. I got the same feeling Katelyn got although it might be happened differently (which I explained in my previous post).
Old 03-20-2015, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I got that part cause I watched the scene twice. I just didn't get that feeling but I could be wrong.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:53 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm wondering if he accidentally killed Lizzie's bio dad ... or something went wrong. He was really struggling with himself in last night's episode. Loved the Lizzington moments though .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-21-2015, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
I'm wondering if he accidentally killed Lizzie's bio dad ... or something went wrong. He was really struggling with himself in last night's episode. Loved the Lizzington moments though .
We don't even know if he killed her dad... Maybe he just caused his killing like Lizzie caused the harbormaster's murder because she kept Tom captive at the boat. Or maybe it wasn't about the murder of her dad because he's still alive and it's Red himself Although I think that ship has sailed...

Miranda, I really think he was referring to what had happened in the past, more than 20 years ago. I right away got that feeling.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:11 AM
Supreme Fan

That last scene was amazing. I really liked his little smile when she told him she had to talk to him privately.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yes, at first Ressler and Red arguing about if Ressler will come or not and then Lizzie wanting to talk with Red. That smile, kind of "See, she wants to talk to ME."
Old 03-21-2015, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Donna I love your icon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)

Miranda, I really think he was referring to what had happened in the past, more than 20 years ago. I right away got that feeling.
I watched that scene again and with what you said in the back of my mind I also think now that he was referring to the past. But I still think he was also referring to the present a little bit.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Donna, I love your icon so much as well This was such an intense scene

Quote:
I watched that scene again and with what you said in the back of my mind I also think now that he was referring to the past. But I still think he was also referring to the present a little bit.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I as well think that he was referring to some that he's done to her now as well but at first I think it was indicating on what had happened so many years ago... And it gave us a feeling on what he's done for her and which extend in. It's somehow unbelievable and yes, he realized after a few years that it's been just about him and his guilt. Not about her at all... And that it wasn't enough. That it never would be enough and that no matter what he'd do to keep her safe, make her laugh, will ever be enough to redeem him for what he's done to her back then.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:02 PM
Moderator Manager

Another great scene with Red/Liz in the end. I got the vibe that Red was comparing Liz' situation with Ames to what happened with him & Sam. Or it could also mean the same thing if Red did kill Liz' biological father but for now I'm going to think he was saying those because of what he did to Sam. It's rather ironic that she & Red have similar shared situations now and it only makes them closer, I think.

Liz' face though when she saw Red in HQ.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:54 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I never thought that Red was comparing his killing of Sam to what happened to Ames. That makes total sense and I don't know why I didn't catch that. I was thinking that Red had wronged "someone" in the past and could never make up for it no matter what.

But now that you're mentioning Sam Lindsay it's like a light bulb went off