Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2015, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWilson (View Post)

I'm a little thrown by that whole Tom/Major/Berlin/Red storyline... I'm kinda thinking/hoping that Red hired Tom (through The Major) to maybe keep an eye on Lizzie (from a distance though, not infiltrate her life as a potential husband) and then Berlin found out and who Liz was and that Red already had a man "on the inside" and used his money and power to flip Tom's role into a personal relationship with Liz in order to gain intel on her and Reddington and eventually flush out Reddington.
I really see something in this. I don't want to believe that Red hired Tom to marry Liz and fake their whole entire lives. Red would never do that to Liz. I would love to believe that Red hired Tom to just keep an eye on here from a distance. Berlin finding out and making sure Tom role was reversed, I can totally imagine that. Than Berlin must have known what Liz ment to Red and so Berlin wanted to get revenge on Red because of the fact that Berlin believed that Red killed his daughter and Tom played along for the money.

If Liz every finds out about the connection between Red and Tom she will be devastated I guess. I don't know if Dembe is right when he is saying that she might understand. They are just coming back from everything that happened already. They are on their way back and I think if Liz would find out that would sweep everything away again.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Yeah, I'm still positive that it wasn't Red who put Tom into her life... I somehow still think he was supposed to watch her from afar until Berlin came forward. Maybe Red didn't know who the Major had chosen to do that job? Maybe Red has only always operated with the Major and the Major doesn't let his clients know who he chose. This would mean Red really got suspicious when Tom entered her life (when he might already have been working for Berlin) and when he got the passports he knew something was wrong... That's what he told Lizzie, that Tom got the passports and that's when he knew he wasn't who he was supposed to be

Randi, this would make sense, right? It would explain why Red didn't kill him right away. He might have thought Tom really loved Lizzie and it was her chance to be happy.
Yeah, that was a thought of mine too, that maybe he truly believed Tom loved Lizzie (because he didn't actually have the identity of the person he hired through The Major) but then when he found out about the passports (because I believe he said Tom used the same forgerer that Red used or something) he started digging and figured it out?

I don't know...
Old 03-14-2015, 04:27 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
I'm a little thrown by that whole Tom/Major/Berlin/Red storyline... I'm kinda thinking/hoping that Red hired Tom (through The Major) to maybe keep an eye on Lizzie (from a distance though, not infiltrate her life as a potential husband) and then Berlin found out and who Liz was and that Red already had a man "on the inside" and used his money and power to flip Tom's role into a personal relationship with Liz in order to gain intel on her and Reddington and eventually flush out Reddington.

Though, I'm not sure why once Red found out what Tom was doing he wouldn't just kill him or something... He's certainly killed people for less, lol. Unless it was because he knew it would hurt her (because at this point she still thinks he's Mr. Perfect) so he wanted to wait until he was in a position to be there for her when her world came crashing down. Knowing how sick Sam was that he wouldn't likely be in the picture for much longer and without Tom and Sam she'd have no one, which caused his long-game plan to thrust into action so that he could slowly build her trust etc. to be there for her when this all went down, which is why he surrendered to the FBI when he did.
I think you have a point here. Red cares too much for Liz to just put someone in his life like that. And I think what Dembe said afterwards (which makes me think that he knows as much as Red) makes sense that he has to tell Liz whatever it is he's keeping from her before this all gets out of hand. Liz, I think won't take it well, but she'll come to understand soon Red's reasons for not telling her. And Red can't kill Tom because Liz loves him. If Red found out that Liz doesn't even care for Tom at all, he would have killed Tom already.

Quote:
Why do I have the feeling it is not only because of Lizzie that he won't tell her but because of himself as well... Maybe he isn't ready to open up about what had happened in the past because it was that bad for himself that he simply tries to forget, that he simply doesn't want to relive all of it again? I think there are always two sides. Or course his relationship and where they stand right now for sure is a reason as well for him not telling her. He's afraid that she might never forgive him if she knew the truth. But somehow I feel that Dembe indicated with advicing Red to tell her everything that Red wasn't ready to talk to anybody about it. Besides Dembe maybe...
I agree that there is always two sides. Mostly whatever Red's reasons are, it's to protect Liz. So even if he gets crap right now from her, he'll risk it for Liz. I won't be surprised if Liz reacts again if she found out the truth about Red/Tom but what else can we expect? Of course Liz will be hurt if she knew the truth and that is Red's price for lying to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atyleung81 (View Post)
Actually, Red hasn't said exactly what he hired Tom for. All the implications point to Liz, but all we know for sure is that Tom turned on him and went to work for Berlin, who ultimately put Tom in Liz's life.

Whatever the truth is, I hope Liz hears it all from Red first. It might be easier for her to take if she sees that Red is deciding to be completely honest with her.
However which way this goes, Liz has to hear it from Red. No other person will tell her the truth but him. It's just a matter of how and when Red will tell her. Obviously he's been keeping this secret long and he's doing it to protect her but how long can he protect Liz without endangering her life?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-14-2015, 03:27 PM
Supreme Fan

I think the series is getting better with each episode. I hope we get even more Lizzington moments next ep. They didn't have a single scene together in the last ep .

So I've been raiding tumblr for all the Lizzington images . I'm shameless .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-15-2015, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah, that was a thought of mine too, that maybe he truly believed Tom loved Lizzie (because he didn't actually have the identity of the person he hired through The Major) but then when he found out about the passports (because I believe he said Tom used the same forgerer that Red used or something) he started digging and figured it out?

I don't know...
Exactly what I think I really believe in Red. I want to believe and I believe that he never intended to hurt Lizzie. He would have never placed Tom in her life as a fake husband, he would just have watched her from afar... That's it. That's what he's done with Ezra and yes, I think Tom was the first Ezra.

Besides, who knows if Tom knew who had hired the Major in the first place. I can see Tom being innocent in all of it as well. Maybe he was at first instructed by the Major to watch her from afar, to keep her safe from a distance, because that's what Red hired the Major for. Later on he got new instructions to get close to her... I can see Tom never questioning why he had to change his observation course and get close to her. Maybe he just did what he was told by the Major. Although that makes no sense since Tom knew that he was working for Berlin Ah, damn it... I guess Tom isn't that innocent. He knew exactly that he had betrayed a Raymond Reddington...

But still, Red might not have known until Tom got all those passports. I believe Red is innocent to a big degree.

The only question which I can't find no answer to that make actually sense is: Why didn't Red tell Lizzie right away about his connection with Tom? Why try to get him killed through Zamani and make her realize, see for herself, who Tom really was... A spy, a person that has lied to her for years.

Quote:
I think the series is getting better with each episode. I hope we get even more Lizzington moments next ep. They didn't have a single scene together in the last ep .
Oh yes, that's what I was sooo sad about I think this was the first episode where we didn't get a single Red/Lizzie scene which so sucked! They could have at least called or whatever??!!! I'm on withdrawal... Really bad withdrawal!
Old 03-15-2015, 10:03 AM
Supreme Fan

They better make up for it in the next ep. An ep without Lizzington interaction is not okay.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-15-2015, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

No, this really was a no go tbh... I hope this will NEVER happen again. I at least need a call, them talking to each other or them even just giving looks but not nothing.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:55 PM
Master Fan

Yeah no scenes between them makes you feel like you haven't watched The Blacklist at all.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think I was so annoyed about that fact and the fact that we got tons of flashbacks that I didn't get most of what was important in the episode
Old 03-15-2015, 01:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Seemed like a "review" episode ... for those who just started watching. We had flashbacks and little snippets of new stuff here and there, but that was it.

BTW, Kris, I'm following you on tumblr now .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-15-2015, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, Donna, that's been you? Pretty cool! Will follow you back.

Yeah, same impression I got... And since the show moved from Sunday to Thursday it might have been an attempt to get some more viewers.

But still, I need my weekly Red/Lizzie fix. I'm really happy there are fanfiction.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Don't complain you guys! Red and Liz had a MAJOR episode two weeks ago. I was disapointed as well that they didn't even call or anything but at least you guys get awesome scenes every week and Ressler and Liz don't
Old 03-15-2015, 03:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
Don't complain you guys! Red and Liz had a MAJOR episode two weeks ago. I was disapointed as well that they didn't even call or anything but at least you guys get awesome scenes every week and Ressler and Liz don't
I was just thinking how quick we all are to complain, haha! Yeah, after they gave us that major Red and Liz moment two weeks ago, you know they are going to make us hold off for a while. While there was no interaction between the two, it was still nice to see the lengths Red is going to yet again to protect Liz since that's what he was doing throughout the whole episode.

Last edited by EClare_x3; 03-16-2015 at 07:36 PM
Old 03-15-2015, 11:16 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
The only question which I can't find no answer to that make actually sense is: Why didn't Red tell Lizzie right away about his connection with Tom? Why try to get him killed through Zamani and make her realize, see for herself, who Tom really was... A spy, a person that has lied to her for years.
And why doesn't he want to tell his real relationship with Liz if he is her father? What kind of amends does he want to happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-16-2015, 12:41 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

there was so much going on in the episode that I didn't even realize that they didn't have a scene together in this ep guess I was too excited about all the Tom stuff