Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-16-2015, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I think many OF fans dislike the idea that she may love Jake as much as Fitz dislikes her saying that she knew Jake the way she also knew him. I guess it's hard to accept a competitor that shows up halfway through S2 and "intrudes" as heavily as Jake does. But in my opinion Jake is a lot more than just a rival, he's someone that knows Liv in ways Fitz can never dream of. Not just becase he's put her on a pedestal and thinks "she's not Mellie", but also because J had an actual chance to get to know her in a normal everyday life.
Your right but if your a Jake fan, your used to being attacked or being dismissed rme but like I said many other fans think Liv loves Jake too, along with some of the actors on Scandal. I feel it's been open to interpatation. I agree with the rest too, Edison was a non factor, Jake is not. He basically takes up the other half of Liv's heart and that was one of the things that made Fitz GO NUTS last season trying to kill him or cowardly beating him up while he was chained as Jake talked about Liv (what Fitz was REALLY mad about, not his son) Jake also said that Liv loves him too. Even though he claimed he said that to mess with Fitz, Jake can also read people really well especially Liv (also like when they slept together in S3 and he told her he could read her and tell she felt something too which she later admitted) so when Jake said that to Fitz I don't think it was all mind games. There was truth in there too. I also agree Jake knows her better than Fitz cause they have done normal things friends and a couple do, or like when they were on the island together for two months. That also made them know each other more intimately. Fitz and Liv have never had a REAL relationship, just quickies and random encounters. They have never really had a chance to just sit and chill with each other like Jake and Liv have. Even though I already said it I agree that Fitz and Eli are alike in how they have both lied to, manipulated, and see Liv as their property.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
What Eli??
Rowan? They call him both names and I never know which one to use.

Quote:
(what Fitz was REALLY mad about, not his son)
Oh totally. I think it was pretty adamant back then and that's where I started to loathe Fitz. It's a pity because Tony seems golden, I love him to pieces.

I think there was one time Olivia admitted having feelings for Jake, after she slept with him to get the B613 info. He told her he knew she felt something and she admitted she did. She also dismissed his claims he was just booty calls, she tried to have family dinners with him, she actually called him her boyfriend. Even on the isle, frankly she didn't exactly have to turn it into a romantic getaway. The way I see it, she tried and it didn't work, and now there's this unresolved thing between the two because he's scorned but she misses the safety she had with him.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Rowan? They call him both names and I never know which one to use.
I had forgotten. We usually see him as Rowan but he´s also Eli.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Oh okay, guess that makes me a liar then. In S4 TG had an interview where he says he does think Liv loves Jake. I also remember the actors that play Abby, Quinn, and Huck said they think Liv loves Jake too. TG isn't that dismissive after saying he thinks Liv loves Jake in that interview like I said, or the times he admitted to actually being jealous seeing SF and KW act in scenes together as Jake/Liv.
Not saying you're a liar, but you are embellishing like crazy. Tony jokes about feeling whatever about their scenes, but he also joked about it being hard to watch Olivia with Russell too. But he always confidently expresses that Olivia loves Fitz and Jake is nothing but an escape. As for the actors, I see different things at different times. But who cares really? Both Shonda & Kerry say Olitz is the show's main love story.

Quote:
Jake also isn't a non factor when Liv is always running to him, calling him, telling him everything about herself and her doubts of being with Fitz that she won't even tell Fitz, or willing to do anything to help or save Jake.
Where was Jake in the kidnapping arc then if he is so important to her? Even when she returned it wasn't about Jake and her, it was all about Fitz and her reacting to him. As for her calling him, doesn't that just continue play into Jake just being her crutch? Notice we don't get scenes of them talking about anything outside of Fitz & Rowan?

Quote:
Or all the times Fitz has shown jealousy towards their relationship, or saying her sleeping with Jake makes him crazy or like I said, he wanted to hurry up and kill Jake when he had the opportunity and perfect excuse cause of Liv, not the dead son he never thinks about.
Fitz for the most part is pretty chilled about them. In 5x02 he was willing to let her go again even when he thought she was with Jake. But as usual, given the choice Olivia went back to Fitz. Plus the fact that even though Jake was another option for Olivia, Fitz had no problem with saving Jake's life.

Quote:
Plus the fact that Liv told Fitz that she knows Jake like she knows him
Two words: Jake's marriage.

The fact that Olivia didn't know this and like Jake pointed out, she didn't bother to ask, spits on this "Jake and Olivia's deep connection" talk. All that time on the island and Olivia never asked Jake about his earlier relationships? And don't get me started on Jake not noticing Olivia's ring even though he was on the island with her for 2 months. That scene of him asking Huck, was he sure the ring was Olivia's was just embarrassing. He's supposedly this bad ass spy but he misses important details like that when it comes to the woman he supposedly loves?

Until we start getting scenes of Olivia truly reacting to things having to do with Jake, it's hard to equate Jake to Fitz in anyway. Like look how Olivia reacted to seeing Elise and news about Jake's marriage? Could those scenes had been more anti-climatic? But we're supposed to come away thinking Jake is the most important thing ever to Olivia? Can you imagine how Olivia would react if Fitz were to actually start dating? That would be TV Gold.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

I think Olivia calls Jake as an scape. She always has used him as a scape route. And of course, he´s tired of that. That´s why he tries to reject her and tells her those things. He wanna hurt her for not choosing him. However, the truth, is that he knew deeply, that she will always choose Fitz. Going to the island with him was just another scape route for him. Olivia cares about him but she´s not in love with him and never was.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't embellish anything, I just simply repeated what TG and other actors said in interviews. I was also giving my opinion, not trying to change others so I still don't get what the big deal is for me to think that and like I said before, if other actors on the show said they think Liv loves Jake it's not that crazy to think. Agree to disagree even though like I said, I was talking to Drunkalice lol. Done with it *Kanye Shrug*