View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 12:43 PM
DannyZuko78
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Oh okay, guess that makes me a liar then. In S4 TG had an interview where he says he does think Liv loves Jake. I also remember the actors that play Abby, Quinn, and Huck said they think Liv loves Jake too. TG isn't that dismissive after saying he thinks Liv loves Jake in that interview like I said, or the times he admitted to actually being jealous seeing SF and KW act in scenes together as Jake/Liv.
Not saying you're a liar, but you are embellishing like crazy. Tony jokes about feeling whatever about their scenes, but he also joked about it being hard to watch Olivia with Russell too. But he always confidently expresses that Olivia loves Fitz and Jake is nothing but an escape. As for the actors, I see different things at different times. But who cares really? Both Shonda & Kerry say Olitz is the show's main love story.

Quote:
Jake also isn't a non factor when Liv is always running to him, calling him, telling him everything about herself and her doubts of being with Fitz that she won't even tell Fitz, or willing to do anything to help or save Jake.
Where was Jake in the kidnapping arc then if he is so important to her? Even when she returned it wasn't about Jake and her, it was all about Fitz and her reacting to him. As for her calling him, doesn't that just continue play into Jake just being her crutch? Notice we don't get scenes of them talking about anything outside of Fitz & Rowan?

Quote:
Or all the times Fitz has shown jealousy towards their relationship, or saying her sleeping with Jake makes him crazy or like I said, he wanted to hurry up and kill Jake when he had the opportunity and perfect excuse cause of Liv, not the dead son he never thinks about.
Fitz for the most part is pretty chilled about them. In 5x02 he was willing to let her go again even when he thought she was with Jake. But as usual, given the choice Olivia went back to Fitz. Plus the fact that even though Jake was another option for Olivia, Fitz had no problem with saving Jake's life.

Quote:
Plus the fact that Liv told Fitz that she knows Jake like she knows him
Two words: Jake's marriage.

The fact that Olivia didn't know this and like Jake pointed out, she didn't bother to ask, spits on this "Jake and Olivia's deep connection" talk. All that time on the island and Olivia never asked Jake about his earlier relationships? And don't get me started on Jake not noticing Olivia's ring even though he was on the island with her for 2 months. That scene of him asking Huck, was he sure the ring was Olivia's was just embarrassing. He's supposedly this bad ass spy but he misses important details like that when it comes to the woman he supposedly loves?

Until we start getting scenes of Olivia truly reacting to things having to do with Jake, it's hard to equate Jake to Fitz in anyway. Like look how Olivia reacted to seeing Elise and news about Jake's marriage? Could those scenes had been more anti-climatic? But we're supposed to come away thinking Jake is the most important thing ever to Olivia? Can you imagine how Olivia would react if Fitz were to actually start dating? That would be TV Gold.