Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2017, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

A Little speical spotlight.

The season airing has been posting on 's Twitter - Tumblr - Facebook - LiveJournal

Leelith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

ETA: Just a reminder that we need votes in the Mary Survivor that is topped and in the Frary Song Survivor in the Frary thread.

^ That's fantastic, Lee! I hope some more fans make it here to join the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_Queen (View Post)
The struggle is sad but fascinating. I'm really curious to see Reign's spin on the end of Mary's life. I like that she's facing the idea of death without fear.
Me too. That courage in the face of death is one thing that particularly moved me when I learned the story of the rl Mary, Queen of Scots.

Quote:
I understand, it's really hard when you love a couple and one leaves or dies and the other is trying to go on. At least with Darnley....that will most likely be the opposite of an epic love story lol. More like an epic disaster
It's difficult. I always knew I would have to watch Mary move on... I just didn't want it to seem easy for her. I have heard Catherine, Charles, and Gideon mention Francis this season, but not Mary. I just need to see that she remembers him and that he is still in her heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I don't think Elizabeth was trying to trick Mary and keep her imprisoned, I believe her heart meant well but her head was going to stay weary just in case.
I'd really like to believe that. Deep down, I know she wanted to plan to work - but like Lindsay said, it was impossible. Elizabeth is scared and she is doing whatever it takes to protect herself and her rule. No one can blame her for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
What I don't particularly like about all this is how innocent and shiny Mary is coming across as. I wish the show could just be honest and tell us that she was entitled enough go after her cousin's throne. If she married Darnley and not some ambassador it wasn't because Elizabeth supposedly tried to lock her somewhere, it's because she actively saught for the guy. We shouldn't be afraid to show some greyness.
Actually, I think they are making both parties in this power struggle seem pretty human and sympathetic. I appreciate that. I don't see Mary as the innocent one and Elizabeth as the villain. They both have their flaws, and they are both just trying to do their best in a really horrible situation.

Last edited by kerbear28; 02-26-2017 at 05:49 AM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:41 AM
Elite Fan

late comment about the episode because I was so busy since Friday -

Catherine is the cutest grandmother ever omg It was so cute that she said she will protet him to honor Francis and to honor Lola too. And she will find something delicious for hiim to eat, and she got a gift for him as well... I LOVE HER

Charles is sooo scary he is so going on my nerves like.. I like the storyline it's interesting but why won't he talk to anyone and if he however doesn't want to be King and do what Kings do why doesn't he just let people who know the work do it like.. his mother ?

Saint Claude that was hilarious and so Reign like to do something funny like that. Catherine's sacred womb and how cute was Narcisse how protective over Catherine when the cardinal touched her belly

I'm loving the CATCISSE scenes. Lovee them together!

That's all for me... the French Court I saw that they were making Frary fans angry with some ridiculous Mideon scenes

oh and the promo looks SOO GOOD! So good that the Writers are more excited for next week than us probably
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Gideon made a gallant play for Mary's hand. I wonder what the repercussions will be for Gideon now that he has openly declared his love for Mary to Elizabeth. Three episodes ago Mary vowed to rule England. Now she wants to abdicate her rule in Scotland? That's a major flip-flop.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)

I'd really like to believe that. Deep down, I know she wanted to plan to work - but like Lindsay said, it was impossible. Elizabeth is scared and she is doing whatever it takes to protect herself and her rule. No one can blame her for that.

Actually, I think they are making both parties in this power struggle seem pretty human and sympathetic. I appreciate that. I don't see Mary as the innocent one and Elizabeth as the villain. They both have their flaws, and they are both just trying to do their best in a really horrible situation.
I agree they're both looking sympathetic and thank God Elizabeth is no villain, at the same time though Mary's motivations seem too pure to me. We're constantly told that she's merely reacting to something wrong Elizabeth did to her when she just wasn't.

Anyway I join you guys in wishing someone would mention Francis in Scotland. A look at a portrait or something.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkDundee (View Post)
Gideon made a gallant play for Mary's hand. I wonder what the repercussions will be for Gideon now that he has openly declared his love for Mary to Elizabeth. Three episodes ago Mary vowed to rule England. Now she wants to abdicate her rule in Scotland? That's a major flip-flop.
He kind of already did that before this episode. So probably nothing as long as his feelings don't get in the rhe way of his job.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I don't think Elizabeth was trying to trick Mary and keep her imprisoned, I believe her heart meant well but her head was going to stay weary just in case. The one sure thing about wars for a throne is as long as a contender is alive they can gather an army.
I think it's just one of those things where no matter how much Elizabeth wanted this all to work, she knows it just can't. She would have to lock her up eventually and most likely kill her because of all those outside factions.

A part of me would love to see the show end with these two teaming up against all these obnoxious men. I know it won't happen but I seriously think they'd be friends in a different world. What no win situations they were both born into.

Quote:
Anyway I join you guys in wishing someone would mention Francis in Scotland. A look at a portrait or something.
I hope we get something too. I have never minded Mary moving on because she has to but it's been a lot of fun hearing all the Francis mentions. One from Mary would be awesome.
Scottish_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Better late than never, Issi! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We are in agreement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
Catherine is the cutest grandmother ever omg It was so cute that she said she will protet him to honor Francis and to honor Lola too. And she will find something delicious for hiim to eat, and she got a gift for him as well... I LOVE HER
I loved that so much! In particular, it was music to my ears to hear Francis' name said by someone who loves him.

Quote:
Charles is sooo scary he is so going on my nerves like.. I like the storyline it's interesting but why won't he talk to anyone and if he however doesn't want to be King and do what Kings do why doesn't he just let people who know the work do it like.. his mother ?
Seriously. If he knows he's not up to the task of ruling France, why doesn't he just let Catherine and Narcisse do it? I guess he simply doesn't trust anyone enough to ask for help.

Quote:
Saint Claude that was hilarious and so Reign like to do something funny like that. Catherine's sacred womb and how cute was Narcisse how protective over Catherine when the cardinal touched her belly
Haha that scene was pure awesome.

Quote:
oh and the promo looks SOO GOOD! So good that the Writers are more excited for next week than us probably
The promo does look fantastic. Should the writers being excited about it make me more excited, or just nervous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
He kind of already did that before this episode. So probably nothing as long as his feelings don't get in the rhe way of his job.
Well, I would think that he is far too compromised at this point to remain the English Ambassador to Scotland, right? I mean, how can he be expected to deal and negotiate with Mary now? AWKWARD. But I'm sure that he could still serve as ambassador to other countries.

Quote:
A part of me would love to see the show end with these two teaming up against all these obnoxious men. I know it won't happen but I seriously think they'd be friends in a different world. What no win situations they were both born into.
IF ONLY.

Quote:
I hope we get something too. I have never minded Mary moving on because she has to but it's been a lot of fun hearing all the Francis mentions. One from Mary would be awesome.
Basically. I'm just (not so patiently) waiting for that first mention of Francis from Mary this season. It would do my heart good. Like I said, I just need to see that he's still in her heart as she is moving forward.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

I dont think its that Charles doesn't trust anyone...I think he's just lost his mind. He just doesn’t care about anything but his obsessinin with darkness at tbe moment.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

I wonder how dark his storyline is going to be... I mean if he really killed that girl and the scene we saw in the promo.. that is scary and he's totally lost... how can they even bring some sense back into him
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I wonder how dark his storyline is going to be... I mean if he really killed that girl and the scene we saw in the promo.. that is scary and he's totally lost... how can they even bring some sense back into him
It depends on why hes doing it. Whats causing it?
Old 02-28-2017, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
I dont think its that Charles doesn't trust anyone...I think he's just lost his mind. He just doesn’t care about anything but his obsessinin with darkness at tbe moment.
He definitely lost it. No idea how. Henry was poisoned so maybe so was he? And who did that? Leeza? The Spanish? The ghost of Diane?
Old 03-02-2017, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

In need of a new episode thread.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Done. Thanks for the reminder, Amanda.