View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 07:38 PM
kerbear28
Fan Forum Hero

ETA: Just a reminder that we need votes in the Mary Survivor that is topped and in the Frary Song Survivor in the Frary thread.

^ That's fantastic, Lee! I hope some more fans make it here to join the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_Queen (View Post)
The struggle is sad but fascinating. I'm really curious to see Reign's spin on the end of Mary's life. I like that she's facing the idea of death without fear.
Me too. That courage in the face of death is one thing that particularly moved me when I learned the story of the rl Mary, Queen of Scots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_Queen (View Post)
I understand, it's really hard when you love a couple and one leaves or dies and the other is trying to go on. At least with Darnley....that will most likely be the opposite of an epic love story lol. More like an epic disaster
It's difficult. I always knew I would have to watch Mary move on... I just didn't want it to seem easy for her. I have heard Catherine, Charles, and Gideon mention Francis this season, but not Mary. I just need to see that she remembers him and that he is still in her heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I don't think Elizabeth was trying to trick Mary and keep her imprisoned, I believe her heart meant well but her head was going to stay weary just in case.
I'd really like to believe that. Deep down, I know she wanted to plan to work - but like Lindsay said, it was impossible. Elizabeth is scared and she is doing whatever it takes to protect herself and her rule. No one can blame her for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
What I don't particularly like about all this is how innocent and shiny Mary is coming across as. I wish the show could just be honest and tell us that she was entitled enough go after her cousin's throne. If she married Darnley and not some ambassador it wasn't because Elizabeth supposedly tried to lock her somewhere, it's because she actively saught for the guy. We shouldn't be afraid to show some greyness.
Actually, I think they are making both parties in this power struggle seem pretty human and sympathetic. I appreciate that. I don't see Mary as the innocent one and Elizabeth as the villain. They both have their flaws, and they are both just trying to do their best in a really horrible situation.

Last edited by kerbear28; 02-26-2017 at 05:49 AM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote