Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2015, 03:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
Yeah, the tiger thing was way over the top. Even if she wasn't it in real danger, it was humiliating. As bad as Catherine can be, she never would have thrown Francis or Mary in a tiger cage....never. Narcisse maybe, but not her family.
the fact is also maybe she was in real danger, it's a wild animal, one can never know what the animal could do, maybe even kill her and they probably weren't even thinking about it

Not so sure he will regret it actually
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
the fact is also maybe she was in real danger, it's a wild animal, one can never know what the animal could do, maybe even kill her and they probably weren't even thinking about it

Not so sure he will regret it actually
Oh I'm not say it wasn't dangerous, I meant even IF it weren't, it's still humiliating.

ds44: I'm not trying to white wash Catherine's actions. As I keep saying, I know what she did was wrong, and also stupid, I just don't feel that the punishment fit the crime. Especially in conjunction with the way others have not been punishmed.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitreign (View Post)
Yea, I really don't know how Francis allowing his mother to be thrown in a cage with a wild animal is excusable. That was down right horrifying and I couldn't buy the francis we've grown to love would ever allow such a thing.

I expect it from Mary. I have a very low opinion of her so I think she's pretty much capable of anything.

But for francis to be laying up with Mary and throwing his mother in a cage just proves he's a sucker for love. There's literally nothing Mary could do that would cause him to kick her out of those comfortable sheets but he has his mother in a cage with a wild animal. It's ridiculous. Mary was betraying francis for purely selfish reasons and Catherine, whether you agree or not with her actions, was working out of francis and france's interest, but she's the only one who is humiliated. And the sad part is when francis's back is against his wall, Catherine is the only one who will always be on his side. Damn near everyone on this show has at some point turned against him and would again except his mother and I suppose Claude. I would include kenna but she is gone now.

And Francis didn't make the right decision. Conde is on the run now, again. If they follow history, he's going to build an army against them. So Catherine was right. But francis is soft when it comes to everyone, except his mother. It's odd.

Maybe I would feel differently about catherine trying to make the decision re Conde for him if Francis hasn't been such a terrible king. At the end of the day, francis HAS been a bad king. I love him but he's made awful decisions. We can blame the blackmail, the rape, his love for mary etc but it doesn't change the fact that he's had an awful tenure at King. Why would catherine respect his decisions as King? His wife doesn't. She befriended conde early in season 2 and acted against francis. The only one who respects francis's authority as King on this show is Bash. So I find it odd when people are speaking about how catherine doesn't respect him, when 98% of the characters on this show don't. They do what they want to do even when francis has straight up forbid it in multiple cases.
That's it.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I think at this point we're all going in circles, so let's agree to disagree.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:53 AM
Elite Fan

True. But hey we have 91 posts here that more than we have for the last 4 episodes of S2
Old 10-13-2015, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
True. But hey we have 91 posts here that more than we have for the last 4 episodes of S2
At least we can all agree it was an interesting episode.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

It was. So much better than S2 last episodes
Old 10-13-2015, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It was. So much better than S2 last episodes
It seemed to get a little of it's bite back. Pun not intended.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah, I guess we have been going around in circles. But I love the high post count! I think the conversation has been very interesting, and I'm so glad that we can have discussions like this and agree to disagree.

I'll just say that for me, I can't compare what Francis and Catherine did and say that one is "worse" than the other. Yes, the tiger cage went WAY too far. It was humiliating and dangerous. On the other hand, trying to expose Mary to the world as a whore also went too far. It was also humiliating and dangerous for Francis, who would be labeled a cuckold. There is plenty of blame to go around. The bottom line is that I still love Francis, Mary, and Catherine - flaws, mistakes and all.

You know what I'm looking forward to? The scene where Catherine finds out that Francis is dying (she doesn't know the pain and fever have returned, right?) I hope that will be what helps them put things in perspective and stop the vicious cycle of retaliation. Plus, I know Toby and Megan will KILL that moment. I was so happy that they didn't skip the "reveal" scene with Mary, and I can't wait to see it with Catherine and Bash.

Overall, I really enjoyed the episode and found it very entertaining. SO much better than Season 2.

Last edited by kerbear28; 10-13-2015 at 05:20 PM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
Yeah, I guess we have been going around in circles. But I love the high post count! I think the conversation has been very interesting, and I'm so glad that we can have discussions like this and agree to disagree.
Yes. In many other fandoms, I won't name names, a conversation like this would have ended in name calling and insult slinging and I'm so glad us Reign fans can be civilized and have a discussion without that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I'm happy to respect yours if you respect mine. We don't have to agree.

Last edited by NotDoneAbusingYou; 10-13-2015 at 06:04 PM
NotDoneAbusingYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Catherine thought that her envoys would ruin Mary, but she really misjudged the Vatican's response (ouch). I loved how Catherine's ignorance about his illness ruined her plan to wed Elizabeth and Charles. The writers are so clever.

I agree, I can't wait to see Catherine's response when she learns about his illness. Can she ever redeem herself at this point?
ParkDundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkDundee (View Post)
Catherine thought that her envoys would ruin Mary, but she really misjudged the Vatican's response (ouch). I loved how Catherine's ignorance about his illness ruined her plan to wed Elizabeth and Charles. The writers are so clever.

I agree, I can't wait to see Catherine's response when she learns about his illness. Can she ever redeem herself at this point?
Also that they made it so her plan didn't fail because it was a bad plan, but because her decoy killed herself. If she hadn't Mary would have never figured she was in England. I'm so glad they did it that way and didn't make Catherine look stupid or that Mary outsmarted her. It was just bad luck.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

It was all really clever. I was proud of Francis and Mary for figuring out what Catherine was up to. But at same time, the way the plan fell apart didn't make Catherine look foolish (even if she did misjudge how the Vatican would react to Mary's affair).

Park, I really hope Cat can redeem herself. I hope they all can.

Last edited by kerbear28; 10-14-2015 at 05:53 AM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
It was all really clever. I was proud of Francis and Mary for figuring out what Catherine was up, too. But at same time, the way the plan fell apart didn't make Catherine look foolish (even if she did misjudge how the Vatican react to Mary's affair).

Park, I really hope Cat can redeem herself. I hope they all can.
Me too. I really need them to be the three musketeers at least one more time before Francis dies.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Absolutely. And you think about it was practically because of Catherine, so bless her God.