Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2017, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
temps have dropped. its really cold out here this week. and ive had a cold for a week now that i cant seem to get rid of.
Hope you feel better soon. Lots of warm drinks like tea and hot chocolate always help me recover and lots of sleep.

The temps have dropped, and we have wind and rain. I'm really hoping for no snow or ice this year. Because the main problem is our area really isn't equip for snow, especially road wise. Though they say they learned from their mistakes. I don't have high hopes in that area. Plus a lot of people don't know how to act in those conditions like driving, walking, going about their daily routine. And another major problem with our area, is that it snows, (half the roads/sidewalks are not cleaned off properly) and then gets warmer, things start to melt a bit, than they freeze over. And the pattern repeats, so a lot of ice and snow on top of each other and it's just becomes a big giant mess that causes a lot of headaches and difficulties for everyone around.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

still sick, cant seem to get rid of it.

people dont know how to drive or handle the snow here either. we get it here year after year and they still dont know how to deal with it. i really hate the snow. so far we dont have any and i hope we dont get any.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:41 AM
Master Fan

I'm sorry, is it mainly in your head or your chest? It sounds like you have an infection, and those buggers hold on for dear life. Have you been to the doctor yet? Fever, cough, aches and pains?

I like the snow, but I find the older I get the less enjoyment I get out of it. I have grown up on rainy 40's/50's winters and the snow is less about fun now and more as an annoyance. I mean I like to be able to move about when I need to, the snow changes everything and makes things ten times dangerous. Things are shut down like garbage collection and certain stores. People don't know how to drive, so there are a lot of accidents. The world comes to a stop, I get that snow is an important part of our environment and it probably helps to produce our fresh water.

I don't have chains, but at least I have four wheel drive and a car that's in good condition. I know I can handle snow, I once got stuck in the mountains in almost white out conditions and one bad move I probably could have died. So I'm not so scared of my driving, it's more other people, ice, black ice, and all the salts on the road rusting my under carriage.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah i finally went and saw the doctor today. he felt it was more allergies. gave me some prescriptions to try. hopefully it will help. this is going on 2 weeks now. i feel terrible .

yeah the snow was fun when your younger, but the older you get the less fun the snow becomes. i live in maryland and we have been getting lots of snow here the last couple years. i hate it
Old 11-15-2017, 03:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Jen I hope the meds are working for you and you're feeling better now
Old 11-15-2017, 05:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

thanks amy
i went back to work today. finally feeling a tiny bit better. think the meds are finally kicking in. although the cough med that i take at night to help also makes me sleep at night leaves me really drugged the night day and leaves me with a dull headache. i only take a teaspoon of it. but i might have to cut back on that. i dont like how that makes me feel. its strong stuff.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:26 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I know what you mean. I have been given cough medicine like that as well. Hopefully since the meds are kicking in you won't need to take it much longer.

Hope your first day back at work went well
Old 11-17-2017, 12:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

it went ok

i only took a small amount of the cough med last night. got an instant migraine and didnt sleep at all last night. i dont think i will be taking that cough medicine anymore. i think i am well enough to go back to the OTC stuff.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:08 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

glad you are well enough for OTC stuff I wouldn't take the meds again either after that reaction
Old 11-18-2017, 02:55 AM
Master Fan

Sometimes meds can give the weirdest reactions, like once I took stuff that made my fingers itch and swell. I'm glad your feeling better, though I agree best to stay away from that cough meds.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah i feel a lot better, its just the cough that is still hanging on, but i will stick with the OTC stuff for that. i suffer with migraines already i dont need anything else bringing them on. so i am staying away from the prescription stuff
Old 11-18-2017, 10:29 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Migraines are the worst!! So sorry that you have to deal with them. Sometimes cough can linger for weeks they are so annoying. My youngest son had croup last month and the cough stayed around for weeks. Hope your cough gets better soon!
Old 11-19-2017, 12:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

thanks i hope so too
Old 11-19-2017, 02:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I can't believe the weekend is already over
Old 11-19-2017, 08:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

i know it always over way to fast
Closed Thread   Post New Thread