THIS IS KILLING ME

the way she just collapsed into him elizabeth

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 10-15-2015, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

I LOVE IT SO MUCH
Old 10-15-2015, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

Beautiful moment there with SO MUCH LOVE.

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 10-15-2015, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

When she breaks down in tears, it was so real. And Fitz going over to sit next to her.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
When she breaks down in tears, it was so real. And Fitz going over to sit next to her.
I love how he gently walks over to her and pulls out a chair and sort of waits to follow her lead...to see what she needs...and she leans into him.

Again, beautifully done by the actors and directors. She is seeking his comfort on her own.

Walter and Paige

Old 10-15-2015, 10:00 PM
Master Fan

One thing I'm hoping for in the next few eps is that, whenever Jemma does open up about her experience, she opens up to Fitz. I'd hate to see her not be able to tell him and confide all of that to someone else instead. Maybe I'm a bit sensitive given past experience, but I already feel like Jemma is hiding things from him. Like trying to re-open the portal, she clearly didn't want anyone to know she was doing it, and she went there soon after they got back from the restaurant. As much as I'm not looking forward to Fitz finding out she's trying to go back, I wish she'd tried to talk to him about it first rather than sneaking around like that.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:40 AM
Master Fan

Well, actually, someone made an interesting parallel gif set about that. When Daisy asked Simmons about her experience and if she wanted to talk, she did NOT open up to her.

But in the group scene earlier we learned that Simmons TOLD Fitz that she was being HUNTED...So she did open up to him. And as Fitz said, she might not even know exactly what was hunting her...

And also Elizabeth's interviews all indicate that she is fully letting Fitz in. And not shutting him down at all.

She just got back...so it's realistic that she won't just break down and tell Fitz EVERY SINGLE detail right away...she needs time to adjust first....But I'm glad she at least told Fitz that she was being hunted...so he can see that she was terrified/felt alone...

As Coulson recommended, it's better not to ask her to give ALL info/details right away...but work up to that point....slowly.

Walter and Paige

Old 10-16-2015, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I actually liked that lab scene more than the date scene because of all the hand holding he is just so gentle with her

Old 10-16-2015, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules166 (View Post)
Well, actually, someone made an interesting parallel gif set about that. When Daisy asked Simmons about her experience and if she wanted to talk, she did NOT open up to her.

But in the group scene earlier we learned that Simmons TOLD Fitz that she was being HUNTED...So she did open up to him. And as Fitz said, she might not even know exactly what was hunting her...

And also Elizabeth's interviews all indicate that she is fully letting Fitz in. And not shutting him down at all.

She just got back...so it's realistic that she won't just break down and tell Fitz EVERY SINGLE detail right away...she needs time to adjust first....But I'm glad she at least told Fitz that she was being hunted...so he can see that she was terrified/felt alone...

As Coulson recommended, it's better not to ask her to give ALL info/details right away...but work up to that point....slowly.
As I said, I hope we do see her confide in Fitz about whatever she isn't saying now. It's good that she did tell him about being hunted. But she definitely didn't tell him about needing to go back, she was trying to work that out without anybody finding out, it was luck that Bobbi caught her.

And Elizabeth said Simmons is leaning on Fitz and not pushing him away, but I don't know that she ever said Simmons was letting Fitz in on everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha Romanoff (View Post)
I think I actually liked that lab scene more than the date scene because of all the hand holding he is just so gentle with her
I liked both scenes, but I feel a bit like the scene in the lab could have happened back in S1 - they were mainly talking about work and Jemma's health. I think what's characterized their relationship over the last two seasons is they were always good at talking "shop", but terrible about talking about their feelings, and this scene was about the former not the later.

Whereas in the restaurant, it was a more emotional conversation that showed how their relationship has matured and changed.

Just thinking about it now, contrast it for example against the end of FZZT. In FZZT, Fitz again put himself on the line to try to save Jemma, but the end of the ep was him feeling sorry for himself that Ward was the one who jumped out of the plane to save her. And even though it was Jemma who nearly died, she was the one comforting Fitz, reassuring him that she appreciated what he did.

In this ep, when Jemma tried to thank Fitz for a much bigger save where he was the one who jumped, he shrugged it off like it was no big deal, and then comforted her.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think she would keep this from Fitz actually... it would be a nice parallel if she wants to go back by herself while Fitz insists to go with her. Then she knocks him out and goes there by herself

I think I liked that date scene when he talked about how she did the same thing for him after he woke up from coma.

I saw this the other day on tumblr:

Quote:
I wonder if the dinner Fitz and Jemma had during his recovery was part of why Jemma felt she had to leave. Maybe in her mind, it was a disaster because he was constantly complaining (and with his aphasia, it must have been heartbreaking), while for Fitz, it was really meaningful and helpful.

Jemma thought she was making him worse, when in reality, she was exactly what he needed.x

Old 10-16-2015, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

^Love that quote.

I was actually confused by his comment about the dinner they had afterward. It seemed like just out of nowhere to add that in. Like "oh yeah, we forgot to say until a year later that Fitz and Jemma had a nice dinner together"

I do agree it could have been partly why Jemma wanted to leave. Aside from what was already mentioned it also could have left her feeling more confused about her feelings for him.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

My first impression was that Fitz mentioning when Simmons took him out after he got out of the hospital was that he was trying to play down the "date" aspect of their dinner, that they'd had dinner together before, but that he'd forgotten how grumpy he was at the time. But sure, maybe it did actually make him feel better, even though that's not how it came across to Jemma.

I do feel like what is happening with them now is something of a role reversal, that Fitz is getting a taste of what it was like for Jemma during his recovery. That sometimes trying to help can unintentionally make things worse, and that sometimes there's nothing you can do.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's just Fitz trying to do the same for her. and honestly I wouldn't say that this date is romantic, it's just him trying to cheer her up as Bobbi told. I wouldn't say it came out of nowhere since basically we only know few things about that time jump between s1 and s2.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think the date is meant to be romantic necessarily, but wasn't there a line about his "keeping the reservation" every day just in case? I assumed it was the reservation he made when Jemma agreed to go on a date with him...either before he found out she was gone or in some sort of rebellious "She will be found" way afterward.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
I don't think the date is meant to be romantic necessarily, but wasn't there a line about his "keeping the reservation" every day just in case? I assumed it was the reservation he made when Jemma agreed to go on a date with him...either before he found out she was gone or in some sort of rebellious "She will be found" way afterward.
It was absolutely meant to be the dinner he asked her out to before she was sucked into the rock. When they arrived, Fitz even described the place as somewhere nice, just like he did when he asked her out in the S2 finale. And the meaning wasn't lost on Jemma, she acknowledged that Fitz had kept the reservation. He also pulled out her chair for her to sit down, the sort of thing one does on a date that one doesn't do when they're having a casual meal with a friend.

But of course, it's more about what Bobbi said, trying to have a new start and give Jemma hope for the future. Fitz wasn't trying to pressure Jemma into a romantic situation before she was ready, but showing her the possibility was still there.