Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2017, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
What, how is Chris staying?
he's boning the lead.

Quote:
i'm still maintaining that her being "downgraded" was a good idea. katie mcgrath was a guest star last season and even though she was in fewer episodes, she got more screentime + "better" material. sometimes i think shows work better when they just don't have to constantly tick the box of having a character show up just to show up, but instead them can focus on giving that character better quality scenes.
that's what I'm holding on to.

frankly, we're just lucky she's staying at all, because she was never supposed to. they did her dirty. and her screentime in season 2, particularly 2B was a ****ing disgrace. she had 3 ****ing lines in the season finale. that and well, they simply do not develop love interests of supporting characters on DCTV shows. look at lyra and miss martian. they were recurring/guests at best. maggie had an entire episode for herself, basically, which was the best episode of the season. the only other relationship that can possibly compare is diggle/lyla on arrow. the actress is recurring (6-10 episodes) but she's been on the show since the start, the characters got married, had kids and we also see her in domestic scenes as well as work ones when the plot calls for it. I think they are doing the same with sanvers.

I mean, yes, it's going to suck not seeing her for 2, 3, 4, heck, maybe even 5 weeks in a row, but I am confident they are going to use her properly when she's there. look how much she's filmed for the season 3 premiere and it was in under 2 days. floriana didn't get a regular gig anywhere so her being in at least half the season is entirely doable. katie mcgrath was in 12 episodes, was in another show, in a movie and lived in ****ing europe. they can make it work and make it good without much of an effort. they literally have no excuse to have her in less than 12 episodes this year. no excuse. and they better find a way to lock her for season 4 before pilot season is up.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 07-17-2017, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvers (View Post)
he's boning the lead.
Crass but true.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
because she was never supposed to.
i thought chlyer & flo & everyone said she was going to stay, it was just the fans jumping to conclusions that she wasn't.

(and idk why some people seem to think actresses would lie about if they/someone was supposed to stay or not, that seems like a stupid thing to lie about.)

Quote:
I think they are doing the same with sanvers.
exactly.
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-17-2017, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
i thought chlyer & flo & everyone said she was going to stay, it was just the fans jumping to conclusions that she wasn't.
I mean originally. she only had a one year contract and her being in season 3 was never in the cards. chyler confirmed that in a podcast last month. she was only supposed to be there for alex's gay awakening. the ship/character grew beyond expectations so they kept her and sanvers for the long haul. I mean, they wrote ep 19 and the finale proposal when flo's demotion was already a sure thing so even though they seem committed to making them work they are ****ing incompetent and should've locked her sooner.

it's super gross that they kept the toxic male character everyone hates, promoted an actress, signed a new one but demoted the actress playing one of their most popular characters and the other half of their most popular ship because why not?

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 07-17-2017, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

it's super gross that they kept the toxic male character everyone hates, promoted an actress, signed a new one but demoted the actress playing one of their most popular characters and the other half of their most popular ship because why not?
This is why I've been detaching myself from SG. It has been a **** show since January, the supercorp/karamel shippers have made the fandom unbearable and I don't trust the show without Ali Adler. I'm still going to watch for Alex (+ Maggie but mostly Alex) but that's it. I can't trust that things won't get worse.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
This is why I've been detaching myself from SG. It has been a **** show since January, the supercorp/karamel shippers have made the fandom unbearable and I don't trust the show without Ali Adler. I'm still going to watch for Alex (+ Maggie but mostly Alex) but that's it. I can't trust that things won't get worse.
CW is still a regular and mon-el's return will be a huge part of the season (the EP confirmed as much), so I wouldn't hold my breath. besides, with flo demoted and two new regulars, watch alex's screentime decrease (she barely had more than mon-el last season).

one thing's for sure: I ain't touching the episode's maggie's not in. I can watch the two min of alex (assuming there'll be that much) on youtube.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 07-18-2017, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm still good with SG at the moment but I don't interact with most of their fandom and am happy living in that bubble.

Quote:
Iit's super gross that they kept the toxic male character everyone hates, promoted an actress, signed a new one but demoted the actress playing one of their most popular characters and the other half of their most popular ship because why not?
That's CW stupidity for you. I cannot believe the Mon-El hate still wasn't enough for them to get rid of him. They literally wrote him out of the storyline already.

Is anyone watching The Bold Type?
Old 07-18-2017, 04:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Is anyone watching The Bold Type?
i am! it's cute fluff.
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-18-2017, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What's The Bold Type?
Old 07-18-2017, 12:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

a tv show on freeform based on a woman's experiences working at cosmo. it's shockingly fun(ny), not all white, and very queer positive.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/7/1...reeform-review
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-18-2017, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Bold Type is all over my dash and honestly I'm more tempted to watch that than WE or Gypsy or whatever else f/f is going on at the min. It looks good.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

well, WE is trash and gypsy is only good for the f/f scenes so I don't blame you.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 07-18-2017, 08:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
well, WE is trash and gypsy is only good for the f/f scenes so I don't blame you.

don't expect brilliance from the bold type, but my god it is truly a breath of fresh air to just watch a light-hearted rom-com type show without the usual BS tropes.
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-19-2017, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
don't expect brilliance from the bold type, but my god it is truly a breath of fresh air to just watch a light-hearted rom-com type show without the usual BS tropes.
Yeah, it's fun and cute and so far is doing all the right things.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll give it a try, then