Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Passionate Fan

I just watched and thought the episode was a really good one and creepy, too.
The way Ancitif would jump from person to person in leaf frog fashion to get to its intended target, Macey, was interesting.

Now Captain Irving's wife knows what is happening since she saw it with her own eyes, and experienced it.

I wonder if the show will bring those militant survivalists into the picture in another episode as fighters, those who believe but have not seen.

Jennny's motives for staying away from her sister were made clear. She feared that Ancitif's spell still lingered in her and that she would kill her sister.
I think she would hear him as he neared her in another leap frog game.

Abby and Crane took the back burner on this story.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by violasghost (View Post)
One thing I didn't get was the date. I mean yeah GW may have already died but couldn't he write a future date while he was still alive?

I can do it right now, January 15th, 2020, lol.
yea, i was wondering that too

like, oh look Feb 1, 2014 - mwa ha ha ha hah a, how am i doing that?!?!?
Old 01-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)

Probably because Abbie has irritated me lately, I've felt like Nicole has been chewing scenery more than a little bit, and it's putting me off. Have never seen her as the strongest actress (adequate, but certainly not the end-all-be-all), and now having seen Lyndie take charge of the episode in that way - - I'd be completely onboard with Jenny staying at the forefront.
!

So I'm confused by this? When did she actually irritate you? Was it during this episode when was actually allowed to show emotions during which her sister was being possessed and thus allowing herself to get arrested because she was afraid she would hurt/kill her. Or are you referring to previous episodes when she was basically in Ichabod's shadow and and an emotional sounding board for him. Not to mention having to practically hold his hand when all these revelations about his life that he didn't even know about come to surface. When did she irritate you? What do you think she would have done differently in your eyes that would have made since and would have been in character for her? You rather have Jenny upfront really? Really?

You're right I guess we have different personal preferences. I'd suspect my faves to actually show emotional range.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love Lyndie, but Nicole/Tom and Crane/Abbie are the show to me. At the end of the day, Abbie is the main character not Katrina or even Jenny.

I didn't really feel Abbie taking a back seat at all last episode. But maybe that's just me.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Exactly.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I do think its strange that they only now decided to test Washington's Bible
Old 01-14-2014, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
I love Lyndie, but Nicole/Tom and Crane/Abbie are the show to me. At the end of the day, Abbie is the main character not Katrina or even Jenny.

I didn't really feel Abbie taking a back seat at all last episode. But maybe that's just me.
100% agree, I love Lyndie as Jenny, and Katrina is so/so from what I've seen but come on now, the two leads of this show is undoubtedly Nicole & Tom, and it shall always remain that way, the show main forefront is the chemistry between the leads Ichabod & Abbie: the two witnesses.

This show is driven by how awesome of a duo Ichabod & Abbie are, even through some bad episodes [moments] many reviews claim that Ichabbie is the reason even through the weakest points of the show to keep watching. Those two are the leads, and that's kind of the end of the discussion.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarlaB (View Post)
So I'm confused by this? When did she actually irritate you? Was it during this episode when was actually allowed to show emotions during which her sister was being possessed and thus allowing herself to get arrested because she was afraid she would hurt/kill her. Or are you referring to previous episodes when she was basically in Ichabod's shadow and and an emotional sounding board for him. Not to mention having to practically hold his hand when all these revelations about his life that he didn't even know about come to surface. When did she irritate you? What do you think she would have done differently in your eyes that would have made since and would have been in character for her? You rather have Jenny upfront really? Really?

You're right I guess we have different personal preferences. I'd suspect my faves to actually show emotional range.
why the hostility? we can all have different opinions!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyG14 (View Post)
why the hostility? we can all have different opinions!

I don't think she was being hostile, I really believe she was curious on why she'd prefer Jenny being forefront more than Abbie, because IceKat055 was stating that she haven't felt Nicole as being the strongest Actress 'adequate' on this show...

So I don't see what DarlaB is wrong? I think she just want to understand why IceKat055 feel that way since in the past episodes before 1.11, where we got some Katrina back story, there wasn't much discussion.... I guess she wants to know when the Abbie 'irritation' started.
The past episodes before 'Vessel' other Abbie fans were upset with her not getting much, not after the last episode it's pretty reversed... so yeah. lol
Old 01-14-2014, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Nicole and Tom pretty much blow everyone else away acting wise together (other than maybe John Noble ofc). Everyone has their favorites, and I think that's ok.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I think Nicole and Tom pretty much blow everyone else away acting wise together (other than maybe John Noble ofc). Everyone has their favorites, and I think that's ok.
Agreed... although I believe acting wise, everyone in this show has been pretty good.
As far as the characters go I like everybody, though I need to see more of Katrina to make a decision, same goes with Luke... who, is he suppose to be dead or knocked out? I believe Luke have potential if the writers write a bit better for him.

Katrina, too mysterious for me thus far but I enjoyed the little bit I've seen from her in the flashbacks. Now Irving, Crane, Abbie & Jenny I like!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I also love Henry out of principle of him being King John Noble
Old 01-14-2014, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarlaB (View Post)
So I'm confused by this?
I'm not surprised.

Quote:
I do think its strange that they only now decided to test Washington's Bible
Especially since one of the first things Katrina told Ichabod was "the answers are in Washington's bible." He did find the passage on the two witnesses in the Pilot, but after that they sorta just put it down. Though I guess they did need to plan out the season accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

I guess she wants to know when the Abbie 'irritation' started.
Hard to put a finger on that. There have been little things, largely unimportant stuff, like her soliloquy in the John Doe episode, talking in the chapel. I felt she chewed that one up pretty good. (Of course, fandom influence may be part of it, too. ) I enjoy her scenes with Corbin, love ALL of her scenes w/Jenny, and I think she's great in scenes where she has Tom to play off of, but sometimes bits of her scenes elsewhere can come across as a little prissy.

IMO, of course.

Quote:
Agree with this. I think Tom is one of those actors that has the seeming ability to make everyone around him better, and his scenes with everyone (to include Yolanda, lmao!) have been great to me. The man brought me to tears by holding the hand of a monstrous, murdering Golem, FFS!

RE: the fact that Macey's body was used to snap the neck of a priest...I sincerely hope that little girl never finds out the truth about that! If Luke did/does survive, then I think he'd find out what really happened to Ken Doll eventually, which would cause much heartache for him. But I don't want them to heap that sort of guilt onto Macey.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

I just don't think there are enough strong females in television, so I really enjoy Nicoles portrayal of Abbie. She is a no nonsense hard ass cop with a vulnerable side. I think her strength and the other strong females like Jenny and Katrina, is one of the things Id like this show to bring more to the forefront. Ichabod is great and he is good at what he does, but the show comes off much better when they balance out the battle of the sexes. These ladies aren't meant to sit around and wait for rescue, nor would I want them to.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by violasghost (View Post)
I just don't think there are enough strong females in television, so I really enjoy Nicoles portrayal of Abbie. She is a no nonsense hard ass cop with a vulnerable side. I think her strength and the other strong females like Jenny and Katrina, is one of the things Id like this show to bring more to the forefront. Ichabod is great and he is good at what he does, but the show comes off much better when they balance out the battle of the sexes. These ladies aren't meant to sit around and wait for rescue, nor would I want them to.
this!

Nicole brings pretty much the perfect sides to Abbie. One of the best females on television right now.