Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Vessel | 1.11 | Episode Discussion

Monday, January 13th
Ichabod (Tom Mison), Abbie (Nicole) and Irving (Orlando Jones) battle a case of demonic possession that hits close to home in Sleepy Hollow’s upcoming January 13 episode.

“Vessel” will see Jenny (guest star Lyndie Greenwood) possessed by an evil spirit, while the gang struggle to find the answers that will save her.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 01-13-2014, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait for this episode.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Not gonna lie, i'm a bit disappointed

it seemed like another "monster of the week" filler, we didn't really learn much about the overall big picture
Old 01-13-2014, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Loved the episode!
This is definitely one of my favorite, and my favorite overall episodes from the past five episodes.
I really missed this show, so it was so awesome to finally see it again.

Capt. Irving was going through it tonight, and he was against the clock to bring the witnesses or his daughter would be taken.

Seeing Corbin back was awesome and a bit surprising, especially that history with Jenny who was possessed at one time. That actually made a lot of sense to me.

It was good to see Abbie & Jenny in the same scene again, it seemed like a long time.
Jenny looked very scary being possessed. Also I understand Jenny not telling Abbie anything about the possessing, before Crane entered Abbie's life... she wasn't really showing her beliefs with any of this supernatural world elements.

I really like Crane & Jenny relationship, right from the beginning. They do understand each other. I think Jenny has an better time opening up to Ichabod because he's a believer and she doesn't have that past with him like she has with Abbie.
Also nice to know that Jenny was protecting her sister by deliberately getting herself locked up. trying to stop herself for harming her sister, even though Abbie [somewhat] betrayed her, she still loves Abbie.

I really love continuing to see more and more of Irving life, and I really like Macey, and Cynthia isn't bad as well. Cool family.

Also when Luke got possessed! woah man. Now I gotta mention detective Devon Jones who was possessed before Luke, he didn't find anything odd when Luke told him to move the salt? just wow, how stupid he was before his death. I was shaking my head with him all the way through after the possession stopped.
When Macey god possessed it was... scary, I felt for Irving and Macey during that scene... possessed Macey was a mess.

I loved Ichabod telling Abbie about everything Jenny did to keep her safe, you can tell how moved Abbie was by that.
Jenny Mills was such awesomely badass helping Ichabbie!

That was a nice moment between the Irving family, and I love Abbie hugging Jenny. It was such a touching moment. Jenny really needed it.

The preview to the next episode looks so awesome. It seems like Crane shouldn't have trusted anyone. Katrina will be freed, Abbie thinks Crane might turn on her. Someone holding hands... it's going to be interesting.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Loved the episode too.

Even through they didn't really have scenes together, I love seeing Jenny and Irving in the same room. (Shipper of theirs)

Love seeing Jenny and Abbie's relationship grow.

I think my second favorite friendship on the show is Jenny and Crane. (Besides Abbie and Crane)

Loved seeing Corbin again and seeing more of Jenny's backstory.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 01-13-2014, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really loved the episode, actually! Until the end -- it's always too damn easy to defeat the monsters.

Loved all of the Ichabod/Abbie and Jenny/Abbie moments. Why did we have to wait this long to get some good Jenny/Abbie moments?

Still don't care about Luke -- he's complete filler. Next week looks pretty good! Ichabod/Abbie holding hands! AHHH. John Cho is back! And it looks like Ichabod is in a coffin? And Katrina ... meh. She just doesn't interest me. But maybe like Luke, she hasn't gotten a chance to be interesting. But we've seen her more than Luke.

Loved the Irving/Macey scenes as well.

So, Katrina is going to be freed and is next season going to be Abbie and her trying to get Crane back? That seems really predictable. And why does Abbie think Crane might turn on her? Is he acting sketchy?

Old 01-13-2014, 08:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

I sort of wished we got to see Jenny comforting Macy - they seemed to have a bonding moment before, and i felt like it would been at least a nice comment to say something like "hey kid, i've been there....if you need to talk"

i mean, how many people can REALLY relate to being demon possessed?
Old 01-13-2014, 08:25 PM
Loyal Fan

That was so scary. I screamed at least 2 times. Best episode since the pilot by far. It was great family bonding time with the Irving's and Mills'. I do wish that the bonding between Jenny and Abbie was done earlier too, however, their scenes were worthwhile and enjoyable. I did cry after the hug. It felt bittersweet. I loved all my Ichabbie moments. Loved them. The talk that Ichabod and Jenny had was really sweet too. It was nice that Ichabod was able to bond with Jenny and try to get them to understand one another better. I get that some were upset about his meddling but I look at it like he's kinda family to them now and families meddle in each other's business. They do it because they care. Even though I would have preferred more one on one time with Abbie and Jenny it didn't bother me that Ichabod was there.

Seriously this episdoe freaked me out. Had the shakes and everything.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

loved it, uber creepy possession demon paired with the Mills sisters fighting crime together with a side of badassery and Ichabod even models his very cute skinny jeans, sign me up for more. Cant wait for next week.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

YES now this is the Sleepy Hollow I fell in love with!

Real improvement from the past episodes. I loved seeing so much Irving and Jenny. Jenny/Abbie was everything Plus, funny Abbie/Crane moments

The possessions seriously scared me
Old 01-13-2014, 09:42 PM
Loyal Fan

I know it was just about perfect. All the characters were great together. Even the scenes with Luke and his partner were enjoyable. Devon was some nice eye candy. So yeah looking forward to the finale. I hope they keep the same momentum in the next two episodes I will be looking forward to season 2.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

The action was so on pace too, you literally felt the story moving forward and it kept me on the edge of my seat.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:06 PM
Loyal Fan

That's why I enjoyed the show. It wasn't slowed down by Ichabod's flashbacks. I understand the importance of knowing the backstory but the way they portrayed all of Jenny's and Abbie's backstory was much more engaging to watch. That's the difference.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

This one just seemed like odd "filler" so close to the end......i'm trying to figure out what we learned that moves anything forward

i liked the Jenny Abbie scenes, and learning more about Jenny's motivations,and that bonding was nice, but beyond that i don't feel we learned anything new that will help our witnesses in the big picture. They vanquished a demon - but didn't get any information that will help fight Moloch?
Old 01-13-2014, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyG14 (View Post)
This one just seemed like odd "filler" so close to the end......i'm trying to figure out what we learned that moves anything forward

i liked the Jenny Abbie scenes, and learning more about Jenny's motivations,and that bonding was nice, but beyond that i don't feel we learned anything new that will help our witnesses in the big picture. They vanquished a demon - but didn't get any information that will help fight Moloch?
they now know how to read the clues in Washington's Bible