Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-17-2015, 12:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl44 (View Post)
I'm reserving judgment on just how ruined the relationship is until next week. With these writers, you never know what you're gonna get next. I wouldn't be shocked it Ichatrina was making babies next week. Oh wait, there's already a bun in the oven. Can't wait to see Ichabod's reaction to that. He ain't gonna want to hurt his baby no matter what Katrina does. He didn't meet Henry and basically Henry doesn't exist anymore. He's back to being innocent Jeremy.

I understand. I'm rolling with Katrina though. I just love Katia too much and I actually did like all Katrina did tonight. I just wish it would have been more realistic and not completely random.
Katrina's 180 to turning her back on Ichabod and fully embracing everything Henry told her was just so badly written, imo. It was not at all realistic or believable.

And I am not happy that John Noble was killed off the show, but I also knew deep down that he would not be able to stay on the show, since he was part of the CFD that has been so vilified.

I'm here for Katrina right now, and I will stick with the show as long as she is on the show, with or without Ichabod Crane. But for now, with how the writers have changed the entire dynamic of Ichatrina, I am actually looking forward to how Katrina will try to kill Ichabod in the past, lol

I have to keep my sense of humor, otherwise I would just stop watching the show, and I want to see what the writers will come up with for the season finale.

If the writers want Ichabod to be single and to be involved with other female characters, including Abbie, I think that will not go over very well for many of the fans of the show, at least those fans who are not involved in social media, those who watch for the entertainment and enjoyment of the show and not for who will Ichabod end up with.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieM1994 (View Post)
Katrina's 180 to turning her back on Ichabod and fully embracing everything Henry told her was just so badly written, imo. It was not at all realistic or believable.

And I am not happy that John Noble was killed off the show, but I also knew deep down that he would not be able to stay on the show, since he was part of the CFD that has been so vilified.

I'm here for Katrina right now, and I will stick with the show as long as she is on the show, with or without Ichabod Crane. But for now, with how the writers have changed the entire dynamic of Ichatrina, I am actually looking forward to how Katrina will try to kill Ichabod in the past, lol

I have to keep my sense of humor, otherwise I would just stop watching the show, and I want to see what the writers will come up with for the season finale.
Oh, I just knew Henry was making the exit. I think just about everyone guessed that.

The thing with Ichatrina is...it's not going to be present Ichabod. The guy who rarely spent time with her or attempted to understand her. This is going to be past Ichabod. Katrina is going to be staring at a man completely in love with her. His mindset, despite Abbie's story time, is still going to be with the woman he loves in his mind. They just made a baby for crying out loud.

x

The real question for me is when Katrina sees him, that guy who's world kinda revolved around her, what is she really gonna do? I can't wait to find out.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Oh, I just knew Henry was making the exit. I think just about everyone guessed that.

The thing with Ichatrina is...it's not going to be present Ichabod. The guy who rarely spent time with her or attempted to understand her. This is going to be past Ichabod. Katrina is going to be staring at a man completely in love with her. His mindset, despite Abbie's story time, is still going to be with the woman he loves in his mind. They just made a baby for crying out loud.

x

The real question for me is when Katrina sees him, that guy who's world kinda revolved around her, what is she really gonna do? I can't wait to find out.
How true, IF the writers keep the PastIchabod true to his feelings for Katrina, and not try to retconn that Ichabod Crane, just like they have done with PresentIchabod.

I would hope the writers have the integrity to at least keep the deep love that the 1770's Ichabod has for his wife intact during those scenes.

Now, if PastIchabod falls for Abbie, that will be the dumbest thing ever!
Old 02-17-2015, 08:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sorry about the earlier comment, I'm not talking about anyone here. Some people don't understand it's just a TV show and there's no need to attack individuals.

I thought the episode was fast paced, like a good season finale. I could understand everyone's POV and motivations. I understood Henry, Katrina, Abbie, Jenny, even zombieIrving... But Ichabod felt completely flat to me. All of his scenes, except at home depot. There was just little to no emotion. He wasn't conflicted about killing his own son. When the car exploded, he didn't look panicked. When he told his wife he didn't rescue her from purgatory so she could go back, he looked a little annoyed instead of panicked. After Henry's death, when he told Katrina "we both cared about our son", I nearly burst out laughing. When Katrina told him she should have left him die, he looked at her like he's thinking: why is she yelling at me? What did I do wrong??

So, good episode with lots of action.
Very sad they killed off John Noble's character. He was the best actor on the show.
Didn't like the 180 on Katrina. Most of the audience is not stupid. We know when there's a rewrite or when a 180 is done.
Ichabod was the weakest link. Everytime he opened his mouth, all I could say was: Seriously? Just shut up. Stop talking. You're making it worse.

Where's Headless?
Old 02-17-2015, 10:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteLunatic (View Post)
I thought the episode was fast paced, like a good season finale. I could understand everyone's POV and motivations. I understood Henry, Katrina, Abbie, Jenny, even zombieIrving... But Ichabod felt completely flat to me. All of his scenes, except at home depot. There was just little to no emotion. He wasn't conflicted about killing his own son. When the car exploded, he didn't look panicked. When he told his wife he didn't rescue her from purgatory so she could go back, he looked a little annoyed instead of panicked. After Henry's death, when he told Katrina "we both cared about our son", I nearly burst out laughing. When Katrina told him she should have left him die, he looked at her like he's thinking: why is she yelling at me? What did I do wrong??
I agree that Ichabod's lack of emotion through the whole episode was very odd. Though, with the car explosion, I believe he knew Abbie wasn't in the car. It was planned between them I think.

And I agree that it could have been a season finale. I rewatched Katrina's scenes and it just seemed like one
Old 02-18-2015, 08:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
How true, IF the writers keep the PastIchabod true to his feelings for Katrina, and not try to retconn that Ichabod Crane, just like they have done with PresentIchabod.

I would hope the writers have the integrity to at least keep the deep love that the 1770's Ichabod has for his wife intact during those scenes.
This is my biggest concern because the writers have already shown they're willing to retcon characters/storylines.

Also, I'm not sure it makes a difference to Katrina. She knows now that Ichabod's words of love and devotion are ultimately empty promises. She also knows that no matter who Ichabod is in the 18th century, he's a man who was willing to sacrifice their son for his own purposes--no matter what those purposes are. We also have to remember that she decided before going back in time that her marriage to Ichabod was a farce and would never succeed. I can't imagine all that will be too easy to forget, especially if Katrina learns that Abbie is there.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperholmes (View Post)
This is my biggest concern because the writers have already shown they're willing to retcon characters/storylines.

Also, I'm not sure it makes a difference to Katrina. She knows now that Ichabod's words of love and devotion are ultimately empty promises. She also knows that no matter who Ichabod is in the 18th century, he's a man who was willing to sacrifice their son for his own purposes--no matter what those purposes are. We also have to remember that she decided before going back in time that her marriage to Ichabod was a farce and would never succeed. I can't imagine all that will be too easy to forget, especially if Katrina learns that Abbie is there.
True. Very true. I don't know, maybe I'm just imaging Katrina hearing her husband actually proclaim his love again cause he ain't been doing that lately. Eh...I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I know you were tagged in that conversation on Twitter with me, but did you find Raven Metzner favoriting all those tweets about Katrina and Ichabod a little weird? Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but one that he favorited even said something like 'I want Ichabod where he belongs with Katrina' & another said maybe Katrina will turn it around and save her family. I just thought that was...odd. Maybe he was doped up on cold medicine or something
Old 02-18-2015, 10:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I know you were tagged in that conversation on Twitter with me, but did you find Raven Metzner favoriting all those tweets about Katrina and Ichabod a little weird? Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but one that he favorited even said something like 'I want Ichabod where he belongs with Katrina' & another said maybe Katrina will turn it around and save her family. I just thought that was...odd. Maybe he was doped up on cold medicine or something
oh my gosh I totally thought the same thing! I was all "That's weird."
Old 02-18-2015, 11:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperholmes (View Post)
oh my gosh I totally thought the same thing! I was all "That's weird."
I'm glad you thought so, too. Him doing that isn't helping the slight hope still in me at all. Part of me believes something like that can totally happen because those two were completely in love at that time, but then another part of me is like, there's no way they're giving up this Katrina with only two episodes of her acting like this.

I've got this whole idea in my head that she's going back to Purgatory in the finale and it'll seem like the end of her, but then season 3 will be Ichabod deciding if he wants to let her out or not as she'll still be carrying his innocent baby.

Ugh, this show drives me crazy
Old 02-18-2015, 03:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I'm glad you thought so, too. Him doing that isn't helping the slight hope still in me at all. Part of me believes something like that can totally happen because those two were completely in love at that time, but then another part of me is like, there's no way they're giving up this Katrina with only two episodes of her acting like this.

I've got this whole idea in my head that she's going back to Purgatory in the finale and it'll seem like the end of her, but then season 3 will be Ichabod deciding if he wants to let her out or not as she'll still be carrying his innocent baby.

Ugh, this show drives me crazy
I really hope that the writers do not revisit the Katrina in Purgatory storyline, mostly because since Moloch died, I thought there was no longer a Purgatory.

I suppose that the writers could revisit Ichatrina in S3. After all, isn't that what most of these writers do on tv shows, break up tv couples all the time only to bring them back together again, no matter how ugly their breakups are.

Even though I am not at all happy at what the writers are doing to Ichatrina, I am not surprised at all, it seems obvious that they have been told to break up Ichatrina at this point in the series, and then TPTB will see how the viewers respond.

I do feel bad for creators/writers who are probably being forced to do something they don't want to do, but since they are the grunts, they have to do with the bosses tell them to do.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
True. Very true. I don't know, maybe I'm just imaging Katrina hearing her husband actually proclaim his love again cause he ain't been doing that lately. Eh...I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Maybe Katrina will save him somehow, come the end of the finale. But I guess the damage will be done by then.
I wouldn't be surprised if the favourites are because they know Ichatrina fans aren't happy and they're just trying to.. IDK, keep us watching with hope?

Quote:
I suppose that the writers could revisit Ichatrina in S3. After all, isn't that what most of these writers do on tv shows, break up tv couples all the time only to bring them back together again, no matter how ugly their breakups are.
It's funny because a while back I remember saying that even if they did split Ichabod and Katrina up, it wouldn't have to mean that it was over for good, because as you say.. that's what happens on television shows. Couples break up, stuff is messy, but you just never know.
But I don't know, after reading that Fox wants Ichabod single, and with several things pointing at them trying to placate people who dislike the ship.. I don't know if I can still believe that it's a possibility. Plus we don't know what's happening with Katrina.

Quote:
I do feel bad for creators/writers who are probably being forced to do something they don't want to do, but since they are the grunts, they have to do with the bosses tell them to do.
Yeah. I blame the writers, but I know that Fox has had a say in this too, so..
Old 02-18-2015, 10:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
Maybe Katrina will save him somehow, come the end of the finale. But I guess the damage will be done by then.
I wouldn't be surprised if the favourites are because they know Ichatrina fans aren't happy and they're just trying to.. IDK, keep us watching with hope?
I just don't know. My biggest hang up with Katrina is that she's pregnant. I don't care what Abbie says to him or what Katrina does, the Ichabod Crane we saw in Sanctuary was devastated over losing the opportunity to be a father. I just don't see him not wanting that baby. It took him forever to hurt the old man Jeremy trying to kill him, so is he really going to hurt his innocent, unborn baby that the woman he loves is carrying? Are the writers really going to kill a pregnant Katrina? I just don't know about all of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
It's funny because a while back I remember saying that even if they did split Ichabod and Katrina up, it wouldn't have to mean that it was over for good, because as you say.. that's what happens on television shows. Couples break up, stuff is messy, but you just never know.
But I don't know, after reading that Fox wants Ichabod single, and with several things pointing at them trying to placate people who dislike the ship.. I don't know if I can still believe that it's a possibility. Plus we don't know what's happening with Katrina.
It's really all just a wait and see game. I'm just ready to know if Katia is coming back.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:48 PM
New Fan

Watching next week's preview and from what Tom said about the finality of it and new teams forming, my theory is that past Ichabod helps Abbie out of jail, but sides with Katrina in the end. Him slamming that door on Abbie makes me think that, and there's no way he will harm Katrina, past or present, esp if she's pregnant. I believe the black rose put some kind of spell on Katrina, and maybe they find out or the spell gets broken somehow. I really don't think Katrina can really go through with killing Ichabod, but we'll see. I still haven't got up the courage to watch the last episode yet.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Just saw this on Tumblr. That's not good. It would seem everyone's going to be right there. I'm sure Abbie isn't far away either.

x
Old 02-18-2015, 11:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Just saw this on Tumblr. That's not good. It would seem everyone's going to be right there. I'm sure Abbie isn't far away either.

x
I know it's a stretch but part of me wonders if Katrina goes to Ichabod and tells him that to save their son, to save her, he has to die, and he chooses to save them over himself. It won't end that way of course, but I just wonder about that. I think the Ichabod from the 18th c would give his life to save his family. but who knows anymore.