Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-08-2015, 11:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl44 (View Post)
Oh my gosh you've got me crying! It is so weird how in sync our ideas are. It's like you've written exactly what I've had in my mind, and you did it so beautifully. Seriously, my heart is breaking.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperholmes (View Post)
Oh my gosh you've got me crying! It is so weird how in sync our ideas are. It's like you've written exactly what I've had in my mind, and you did it so beautifully. Seriously, my heart is breaking.
Aww, I'm sorry. I'm a seriously depressing person when I want to be

That's cool that we have similar ideas though. Very interesting. Write something!!

I swear my next one(that I'll hopefully post tonight) is way less depressing. It's set in the past rather than the dreary future and involves Katrina being the adult while Ichabod dissolves into tantrum territory. I just always imagine him as some big baby she has to coddle all the time. I don't know why haha.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

Ichabod & Katrina always!
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 02-09-2015, 10:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayta (View Post)
Couldn't agree more
Old 02-09-2015, 10:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I just don't get wanting to end this.

Neither do I...

Neither do I.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yes, I have hopes that no matter what storyline the writers come up with for Katrina, that she and Ichabod will still be able to overcome whatever is thrown their way.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

The sad part is - this story no longer belongs to the writers. It was railroaded out of their control. I don't have any hope that Ichabod and Katrina will overcome the nonsense they've currently been spinning for them. And honestly, I'm not sure I want them to. Ichabod has become more and more unlikable to me (that may be a reflection of a faction of fandom, I'm not entirely sure) and it may well turn out that Katrina is even more entertaining if she does go evil, and completely give up on her husband to try and save her son!

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
The sad part is - this story no longer belongs to the writers. It was railroaded out of their control. I don't have any hope that Ichabod and Katrina will overcome the nonsense they've currently been spinning for them. And honestly, I'm not sure I want them to. Ichabod has become more and more unlikable to me (that may be a reflection of a faction of fandom, I'm not entirely sure) and it may well turn out that Katrina is even more entertaining if she does go evil, and completely give up on her husband to try and save her son!
Even thought this last episode was about witches and spells and Katrina's coven was even mentioned, there was not once mention of Katrina by Ichabod. That was very glaring. I bet the regular viewers at home were also wondering why Katrina was not involved in the main plot.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I surely hope so. I'm curious over the next time they see each other and how that conversation will unfold.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieM1994 (View Post)
Even thought this last episode was about witches and spells and Katrina's coven was even mentioned, there was not once mention of Katrina by Ichabod. That was very glaring. I bet the regular viewers at home were also wondering why Katrina was not involved in the main plot.
My sister and brother-in-law are casual viewers, they try to catch the show each week but aren't involved in fandom life. They actually first told me I should watch the show, but I wasn't ready for it then, but they know I'm involved in fandom stuff now for this show and my sister asked me last week what was going on with Ichabod and Katrina because they couldn't understand why the show was doing what it was doing. My brother-in-law refused to believe me when I told them the plan was for K to go dark and such. He was so upset, kept going on about how none of it made sense, and how disappointing it was to hear what they were doing to the Cranes and to Katrina. The fact that they asked me because it wasn't making any sense to them was very telling to me. I know that isn't a representation of the entire viewership but it was an interesting experience.

And also that line from Ichabod in the preview, something along the lines of "Can't believe you are willing to throw away all that we've been" has me stewing. I will obviously have to wait and see, but if he says this to Katrina I'm probably going to set fire to the internet.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
My sister and brother-in-law are casual viewers, they try to catch the show each week but aren't involved in fandom life. They actually first told me I should watch the show, but I wasn't ready for it then, but they know I'm involved in fandom stuff now for this show and my sister asked me last week what was going on with Ichabod and Katrina because they couldn't understand why the show was doing what it was doing. My brother-in-law refused to believe me when I told them the plan was for K to go dark and such. He was so upset, kept going on about how none of it made sense, and how disappointing it was to hear what they were doing to the Cranes and to Katrina. The fact that they asked me because it wasn't making any sense to them was very telling to me. I know that isn't a representation of the entire viewership but it was an interesting experience.

And also that line from Ichabod in the preview, something along the lines of "Can't believe you are willing to throw away all that we've been" has me stewing. I will obviously have to wait and see, but if he says this to Katrina I'm probably going to set fire to the internet.
I've had similar conversations. No one is as involved as I am that I know, but I have a cousin I text with during the episodes and she's like, "What the heck are you talking about? That's not what's happening!" half the time when I tell her stuff that's going on behind the scenes. I'm pretty sure she only watches so I have a flesh and blood person to talk to, but yeah, she's annoyed with all of this and she only half pays attention to the show.

The episodes are so...weirdly paced. The arc that is supposed to extend over the season isn't really flowing well with the filler type episodes. Just as an example as she's the one I pay the most attention to, we go from Katrina releasing Headless about 4 episodes ago to never seeing him again. Has he even been mentioned again? He's just been completely forgotten. Katrina has a dark moment last week and it's not even addressed last night? It's just...messy. There isn't a real rhythm to it.
As for Ichabod and Katrina, we go from we want to be together to we need a break to lets start a future together in this time to barely having any screen time and then she's just dark. It's so very messy. They're not even really making any decisions based off of experiences with each other, or at least it's not being shown very well.

It's like the writers go to sleep and want to start fresh with new stuff each episode, or the different writers don't really talk to each other and each write their own little stories every episode.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh my gosh yes! ^they keep introducing these story lines and then they go no where. I felt like they had a path the first half of the season, bringing Moloch into this world and ultimately destroying him, but now it feels like each episode is written by a writer who has been given cliff notes of what happened in a previous episode. You cited some already major issues in the story.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Oh my gosh yes! ^they keep introducing these story lines and then they go no where. I felt like they had a path the first half of the season, bringing Moloch into this world and ultimately destroying him, but now it feels like each episode is written by a writer who has been given cliff notes of what happened in a previous episode. You cited some already major issues in the story.
I know. As much as the first half of the season was disliked by most, at least it had a path that was leading to somewhere most of the time. This back half is just so disorganized, imo. Each episode if fine on it's own, but they're not meshing well together. I don't know. Maybe I'm over thinking it, or under thinking it, or whatever

And yes! Cliff notes. Very short, misspelled, in a foreign language cliff notes
Old 02-10-2015, 06:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I thought WTF when I heard that line, wasn't it Ichabod who had put the brakes on talking things over with Mrs. Crane and who was the one questioning their relationship?

But now it will be Katrina's fault that things go bad? What a crock of you know what.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieM1994 (View Post)
I agree, I think people would have noticed she was missing without explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl44 (View Post)
The episodes are so...weirdly paced. The arc that is supposed to extend over the season isn't really flowing well with the filler type episodes. Just as an example as she's the one I pay the most attention to, we go from Katrina releasing Headless about 4 episodes ago to never seeing him again. Has he even been mentioned again? He's just been completely forgotten. Katrina has a dark moment last week and it's not even addressed last night? It's just...messy. There isn't a real rhythm to it.
I don't think he has been mentioned, no. And as much as I don't care for Abraham and that drama, it seems like they've forgotten about that storyline.

Quote:
As for Ichabod and Katrina, we go from we want to be together to we need a break to lets start a future together in this time to barely having any screen time and then she's just dark. It's so very messy. They're not even really making any decisions based off of experiences with each other, or at least it's not being shown very well.

Quote:
I think it is to Katrina.
Maybe this is where Katrina having her say will come in.