Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2017, 05:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Awww, Zac is really cute in that interview And he has a plot in his head! He should definitely move forward with it Thanks again for the link, Lindsay!

Jen, you visited Bavaria? That's so awesome. My home <3 I rediscovered my love for this beautiful part of the country this weekend. Your weekend sounds really nice! But I do hope you slept better last night? Maybe it was because of the full moon that you didn't sleep well?

My weekend was really great as well. The musical was so amazing that we decided to prolong our stay there for another night so we could watch it again. And the town in which it is played was also so beautiful, with amazing lakes and the mountains around it. All my batteries were recharged.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Slept a whole 9 hours, it was GREAT! But now I have to get ready for work.

Which town/city are you in again, Nath? Did you see the musical in Stuttgart? Sounds like you really enjoyed it and it wasn't a wasted trip. I love musicals. I really really really want to see Hamilton but it sells out everywhere it goes and I'm always too slow to the draw.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

9 hours of sleep sounds like heaven! I don't know when I've done that the last time... youtube and Chuck keep me awake way too long these days - and before that it was Castle

I live in Landshut, that's about an hour north-east of Munich and about 2,5 hours north-east of Stuttgart The musical was still in Bavaria, in a town called Füssen, where King Ludwig II (on whose life the musical is based) built his castle Neuschwanstein. The theatre is located directly at lake Forggensee and right on the other side of the lake is the castle. It was so magical to leave the theater after the show and look directly at the castle.

I took that picture before the show. Sadly the weather wasn't the best.

Which musicals have you seen so far, Jen? I'd really love to see Hamilton as well! A friend told me this past weekend that for the premiere in London, tickets were sold out in less than 10 minutes and the show is now sold out for at least the next five months
Old 08-10-2017, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Wow! That's gorgeous! I've been to Linderhof Palace, that place was INSANE! So ornate, you could definitely get the feeling he was cray cray to build that with as much extravagance as it contained. That's a great pic, btw, I like how the weather was kind of dreary, it gives the pic a mood.

Musicals I've seen, well, I'll just say I'm old school and love the traditional musicals the most, but here goes: Annie, The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, South Pacific, Oklahoma, Cats, Phantom of the Opera, Les Mis, Miss Saigon (my fave), Wicked and She Loves Me.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you He really did know how to build his castles, didn't he? It's such a tragedy what happened to him during and at the end of his life. I've been thinking about it since the musical and even started reading a biography about him now

Oh wow, you've seen quite a lot of musicals! I loved the Phantom of the Opera and Wicked !
Old 08-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That's a beautiful pic, Nath! How far are you with Chuck now?
Old 08-11-2017, 12:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you, Linday!

I've watched Chuck Versus the Fake Name (3x08) last night. How far are you with it?
Old 08-11-2017, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Oh, that's cool. I never really studied his life, I just knew that he was batcrap crazy. I love it when you see something that affects you which then inspires you to learn more about said thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar1002 (View Post)
I've watched Chuck Versus the Fake Name (3x08) last night. How far are you with it?
Good episodes. That's the one where he has to impersonate the world's most fierce assassin?
Old 08-11-2017, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I'm finished with Chuck. I finished it about 3 weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Good episodes. That's the one where he has to impersonate the world's most fierce assassin?
Funny episode.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

They're all funny episodes, really, but some are drop dead hysterical!
Old 08-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yes, that's true.

I love the new icon!!
Old 08-14-2017, 04:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hey everyone! How was your weekend?

Quote:
Oh, that's cool. I never really studied his life, I just knew that he was batcrap crazy. I love it when you see something that affects you which then inspires you to learn more about said thing.
Well, he wasn't really crazy per se but just ahead of his time back in the days. He was considered crazy because he wanted to build castles and invest in music and art instead of in wars. Which was ultimately his downfall. Because the one time he actually did sign up for war he lost, which cost him and Bavaria its sovereignty (some of us Bavarians (not me) still mourn that )

Quote:
They're all funny episodes, really, but some are drop dead hysterical!
That is true, they are all pretty hysterical But last night I almost cried for the first time... that moment when Sarah wants to get Chuck out of the psych ward in 3x17 and goes to see the doc only to find Casey already there That was beautiful.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
I love the new icon!!
Thank! I'm still not over that episode! *fans self*

Hi there, Nath! My weekend was fine. I managed to run all of my errands so that's good. How was yours?

Quote:
Well, he wasn't really crazy per se but just ahead of his time back in the days. He was considered crazy because he wanted to build castles and invest in music and art instead of in wars. Which was ultimately his downfall. Because the one time he actually did sign up for war he lost, which cost him and Bavaria its sovereignty (some of us Bavarians (not me) still mourn that )
Oh, that IS interesting. Now you've got me wanting to study him!

Quote:
That is true, they are all pretty hysterical But last night I almost cried for the first time... that moment when Sarah wants to get Chuck out of the psych ward in 3x17 and goes to see the doc only to find Casey already there That was beautiful.
Aww, yes! That was a great episode and moment! Although, I think that was 3x16, Chuck Versus the Tooth, no? Anyway, I think I teared up as well when she was begging with tears in her eyes saying she loved Chuck.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Aw, yes. That was a great moment, Nath!
Old 08-15-2017, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Ugh, I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning early. And then I have to go to work, so I probably won't get to post much, if at all. I'm really dreading this appointment, I haven't been in YEARS! I'm sure my dentist will be telling me I have advanced periodontal disease and maybe something else really bad.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread