Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
^ how are your classes going anyway? are you enjoying them?

now you know how i feel everytime someone recommends a show to me.

i kind of figured. it's a fantastic canadian show, but i'm not sure how far it has reached in terms of viewership outside north america. listen to si and me, and check it out. it's got everything you could want in a show.

it's awesome! when i was buying essentials and getting ready for my mini-vacation, i felt more freedom to buy things and i snatched up the shirt when i saw it in the store. that's exactly what it is.
Nope, classes still suck.

I'm just recovering from my DW binge watch and then OUAT binge watch and I just told the girls I was gonna watch Arrow and Flash, breaking my no CW rule.

Ughh, I'll think about it.

You did well, girl! You did well.

» Bella
Old 12-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Serenity (View Post)
I'm free today, but I still have two weeks of class.

More shows!
wow.... another two weeks of class.... that's a lot and very close to Christmas

I had never heard of the show before, but Jessica kept saying that I should watch it.... and I don't regret it

I love Canadian shows because they have a slightly different way of writing than americans.

Girl!! how about TWD??/ Are you all up to date??

Quote:
i'm fine. how are you?

i kind of figured. it's a fantastic canadian show, but i'm not sure how far it has reached in terms of viewership outside north america. listen to si and me, and check it out. it's got everything you could want in a show.

it's awesome! when i was buying essentials and getting ready for my mini-vacation, i felt more freedom to buy things and i snatched up the shirt when i saw it in the store. that's exactly what it is.

alright, my duckies. it's that time again where i get my day started. i'll be back later. if i'm not back in six hours...just wait longer.

I'm good!! Tired because RL has been rushed this week. Glad it's Friday though

Like I just answered Bella, I had never heard about it before this year
You all should know by now that I only recommend good shows

See ya later, girl!
Old 12-05-2014, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

Si, did you see my comments directed at you on page 1?

"They're loyal beasts"
"They were loyal. Now they're starving."

Old 12-05-2014, 01:13 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridon (View Post)
Si, did you see my comments directed at you on page 1?
Ohhh I didn't!!!! :blusH:
on my way now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridon (View Post)
@Si You'll be proud. I managed to spend $140 dollars today at the drugstore. On cosmetics.

Well in all fairness, $3 of it was spent on kleenex, and some of that was tax, but most was cosmetics.

Also did you watch Stalker last night? I'm so into it.
Ohh cosmetics!!! I LOVE to buy them!! What did you get??? I'm in a "eye shadow" phase now

I'm all up to date with Stalker!! I love Maggie Q!
And now I really want them to give more focus in Janice and Ben... they're way in the background. And I honestly could use a break from Amanda and Jack (I don't like them at all)
Old 12-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ what about my comments to you?

Quote:
Nope, classes still suck.

I'm just recovering from my DW binge watch and then OUAT binge watch and I just told the girls I was gonna watch Arrow and Flash, breaking my no CW rule.

Ughh, I'll think about it.

You did well, girl! You did well.
awww, sorry to hear that. how much longer do you have until you're done?

now those shows are totally worth breaking your c.w. rule for. they're awesomely fantastic!

no pressure though. i'm only gonna give you gentle nudges. you can decide for yourself if you wanna watch it or not.

yeah, i know. =p i love my tardis shirt more though. it looks faded and beautiful, and it gives me such a warm feeling everytime i wear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
I had never heard of the show before, but Jessica kept saying that I should watch it.... and I don't regret it

I love Canadian shows because they have a slightly different way of writing than americans.

I'm good!! Tired because RL has been rushed this week. Glad it's Friday though

Like I just answered Bella, I had never heard about it before this year
You all should know by now that I only recommend good shows
my mom watches the channel that airs republic of doyle, and almost every commercial break between the episodes of the shows that she watches, there has been a promo for the show. i was kinda curious about it, and i kept wanting to watch it, but i kept missing the series premiere. finally, i just said, 'screw it', and i decided to watch it online. now i'm totally obsessed with it. i can't stop watching clips from the episodes.

there's just something about them that give me feels. maybe it's national pride. since i struck gold with republic of doyle, i'm on the hunt for another canadian show.

t.g.i.f, huh? take the weekend and recharge your batteries. you definitely need it.

it wasn't so much that i hadn't heard of it. it was just the fact that i didn't have that extra push to start watching until y'all started mentioning it.

true story. you're the one who's responsible for my long watchlist.

Last edited by rocky845; 12-05-2014 at 03:36 PM
Old 12-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Moderator Manager

^ I answered your comments to me there, didn't I? to check

Ohhh I found one unanswered

Quote:
i'm half-tempted to make him my favorite character ever. ah, screw it. jake doyle is my favorite character from any movie, tv show, and book. the balance of many elements so flawlessly in the show is why i love it so much. you don't find that very often. i feel the same way about tinny. she was a bit of a brat very early on in the series. i'm so happy about the growth that she went through from season one to season six. i'm almost afraid to ask which episodes you didn't like. oh so am i. i'm literally bouncing in my seat, waiting six days until i find out for sure.

e.t.a.: i'm thinking of changing my icon. are there any republic of doyle characters or ships that you don't want me to make icon/avatar requests for?
Ohhh nice one!!!
I can't really say he is my favorite ever.... but he is definitely top 5
I love that he gets into a fight in almost all episodes

To me the worst of all was episode 4.03 and 5.06... I was so bored during those episodes... In all honesty, I hate Sloan... to me whenever she was onscreen I was bitching about her.... annoying girl

The only one I don't like is Sloan.... I really like all the rest. From the recurring my favorites are Jimmy, Wolf and Kevin Crooker

Quote:
my mom watches the channel that airs republic of doyle, and almost every commercial break between the episodes of the shows that she watches, there has been a promo for the show. i was kinda curious about it, and i kept wanting to watch it, but i kept missing the series premiere. finally, i just said, 'screw it', and i decided to watch it online. now i'm totally obsessed with it. i can't stop watching clips from the episodes.

there's just something about them that give me feels. maybe it's national pride. since i struck gold with republic of doyle, i'm on the hunt for another canadian show.

t.g.i.f, huh? take the weekend and recharge your batteries. you definitely need it.

it wasn't so much that i hadn't heard of it. it was just the fact that i didn't have that extra push to start watching until y'all started mentioning it.

true story. you're the one who's responsible for my long watchlist.
I'm glad you gave it a shot!!!
And the intro song is totally addicting!!!!

Ohhh another Canadian show that I LOVED was Flashpoint.... it's a cop drama, but talk about intense and awesome writing!! You should watch that It's only 5 seasons
I've also watched a few episodes of Strange Empire, and it's an interesting one with strong women!

I will!!! No big plans for the weekend I want to sleep a LOT!!

I regret nothing about making your watchlist huge

Last edited by Si_Crazy; 12-05-2014 at 04:11 PM
Old 12-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ you should know that i don't label anything as my favorite anything so casually, so it's a huge thing for me to actually choose someone or something. the other characters on my list are almost all supporting characters. jake is one of only two main characters that are men that i love this much. at least he's in your top five. i'm happy with that. who are your other four favorite characters?

i love how he gets hit at least once an episode.

since i binge-watched all of the episodes, everything is kinda mixed up in my head, but i do think that those two episodes weren't as exciting as the other episodes. i thought that i would change my mind about sloan once i watched season five in order, as opposed to watching the last six episodes of season five and only getting half the story. it didn't change. in fact, i liked her less once i got the whole story.

prepare yourself for an avatar/icon request once you've caught up on the show. =p i love those characters too, especially jimmy. one of the best episodes for me was streets of st. john's. i spent the whole episode just laughing my ass off, mainly because of what happened with jimmy.

so am i! and yeah, it is. "oh, yeah!"

yes! flashpoint is great. i love how it shows you in the first five minutes the volatile situation that causes the s.r.u. to show up to diffuse the situation, and then how it goes back and you get to see how that person ended up in that volatile situation. i've actually watched flashpoint up to and including exit wounds on tv before i realized that i didn't have time to sit down and watch an episode a day. i've decided to watch the remaining episodes at a later time.

i've seen promos for strange empire but i can't quite figure out what it's about.

sleep is good. i'm a big fan of sleep.

i bet. my shortlist right now is seasons seven and eight of doctor who, then 30 rock. what would you suggest i watch next: firefly or season two of dark angel?

Last edited by rocky845; 12-05-2014 at 05:49 PM
Old 12-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
wow.... another two weeks of class.... that's a lot and very close to Christmas

Girl!! how about TWD??/ Are you all up to date??
Blame it on the damn strike. My semester won't even be over, it'll just be a short break.

Maybe one day.

The episode I haven't watched yet is the mid season finale, but unfortunately I was already spoiled.

Quote:
awww, sorry to hear that. how much longer do you have until you're done?

now those shows are totally worth breaking your c.w. rule for. they're awesomely fantastic!

no pressure though. i'm only gonna give you gentle nudges. you can decide for yourself if you wanna watch it or not.

yeah, i know. =p i love my tardis shirt more though. it looks faded and beautiful, and it gives me such a warm feeling everytime i wear it.
Ugh, I thought I was going to finish in a year, but I decided to take the teachers course, so probably in two years maybe.

That's what everyone is saying. I need courage though.

A gentle nudge is a head slap? I disagree.

Who doesn't love that blue box though?

» Bella
Old 12-05-2014, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ i guess you gotta buckle down and get things done. i wish you tons of luck in getting through the next two years.

if you're into the whole vigilante/superhero thing, then arrow and the flash are the shows for you. the characters are fantastic, the storylines are awesome, the action is out-of-this-world badass, and i know for sure you're gonna love seeing a certain actor who turns up on one of those shows. so are you hooked yet? =p i say give arrow a chance, and if you love it, then check out the flash. t.p.t.b. are the same people, so if you love one of the shows, then you're gonna love the other show as well.

would you have preferred the whip, the spank, or the hammerhead instead? no, wait, i found it! here's your gentle nudge -> . is that better?

um, nobody? how can someone not love it? it's beautiful! i wish i had a tardis. i guess i'll have to settle for my t-shirt instead.

e.t.a: how do you wanna fangirl with me about season seven of doctor who: all episodes or four episodes at a time?

Last edited by rocky845; 12-05-2014 at 05:49 PM
Old 12-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

I wish me luck too.

You really want me watch those shows, don't ya?! I'm not really into super heroes, but I've seen enough and read enough of both Arrow and Flash to get me curious.

Yes, the bump is a lot better and less hurtful.

I'm dying to get my hands in a TARDIS miniature or a t-shirt, I want to go full blown nerd with my Doctor Who obsession. I even went in DW event with my friends last month!

4 at a time so we can give more attention to them.

» Bella
Old 12-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ i know you can do it. you're not the procrastinator i am, so i'm sure you'll be fine.

i don't care if you watch them or not. no, it's just there haven't been many shows lately that i've gotten hooked on so easily, so the fact that i'm pimping arrow and the flash is saying something. trust me, neither was i, but after the tenth person recommended them, i couldn't help being curious, so i checked them out, and i loved them. let me know if you decide to watch. i'd love to hear what you think of them.

i can't believe i forgot about the bump. i'll keep it ready just in case. i guess i love smacking people on the head, just like how gibbs likes to do so to tony on occasion. =p

i've been eyeing a miniature tardis for at least a year now. this year might be the year that i decide that i just have to have it. really? how was it? did any of the actors or actresses make appearances?

alright then. if i don't turn up here for a few hours or until tomorrow, then just assume that i've gone to watch part one of season seven (i.e. the first four episodes).
Old 12-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

What? Do you even know me?

I will give it a chance, but I think I'll wait for my break first.

It's just that I'll probably get brain damage if you smack my head all the time.

Oh, cool! Tell me if you do. No, no actors sadly. It was just a bunch of nerds meeting to talk about the show. There was also a cosplay contest. It wad fun and I bought the DVD for the 50 years anniversary special.

Okay. I hope you watch.

» Bella
Old 12-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
^ you should know that i don't label anything as my favorite anything so casually, so it's a huge thing for me to actually choose someone or something. the other characters on my list are almost all supporting characters. jake is one of only two main characters that are men that i love this much. at least he's in your top five. i'm happy with that. who are your other four favorite characters?

i love how he gets hit at least once an episode.

since i binge-watched all of the episodes, everything is kinda mixed up in my head, but i do think that those two episodes weren't as exciting as the other episodes. i thought that i would change my mind about sloan once i watched season five in order, as opposed to watching the last six episodes of season five and only getting half the story. it didn't change. in fact, i liked her less once i got the whole story.

prepare yourself for an avatar/icon request once you've caught up on the show. =p i love those characters too, especially jimmy. one of the best episodes for me was streets of st. john's. i spent the whole episode just laughing my ass off, mainly because of what happened with jimmy.

so am i! and yeah, it is. "oh, yeah!"

yes! flashpoint is great. i love how it shows you in the first five minutes the volatile situation that causes the s.r.u. to show up to diffuse the situation, and then how it goes back and you get to see how that person ended up in that volatile situation. i've actually watched flashpoint up to and including exit wounds on tv before i realized that i didn't have time to sit down and watch an episode a day. i've decided to watch the remaining episodes at a later time.

i've seen promos for strange empire but i can't quite figure out what it's about.

sleep is good. i'm a big fan of sleep.

i bet. my shortlist right now is seasons seven and eight of doctor who, then 30 rock. what would you suggest i watch next: firefly or season two of dark angel?
Ohh I can never really choose favorites
I have to say that in no particular order I'd say my favorite male characters are Wash (Firefly); Daryl Dixon (The Walking Dead); Elliot Spence (Leverage) and Helo (Battlestar Galactica)

Jake getting beat is hilarious!!

I did binge watched too with Jessica... but I grade all episodes in a sort of social media for tv shows and that's why I know which episodes sucked for me
I HATED Sloan since the beginning and with time it only got worse... I was hoping that she would be gone from season 6, but I take it that she's still around

Yeah Jimmy is hilarious It's the reason why I started following Scott Grimes on facebook. Whenever he appears I laugh way too much
And whenever you want an icon, just send the picture/gif my way and I'll make you one

Flashpoint was one of my favorite shows... I loved how we could connect with some of the "bad guys". And the team had an amazing dynamic!! Hope you get to catch up, the finale was great!!

Yeah, Strange Empire is a bit confusing and you gotta watch from the pilot.... but I like it, it's entertaining and I like the characters.... Not to mention that Tahmoh Penikett is in a few episodes

Dude!!! Firefly!!! Firefly is the BEST SHOW ever!!! I can't believe you still haven't watched it!!!!

Quote:
Blame it on the damn strike. My semester won't even be over, it'll just be a short break.

Maybe one day.

The episode I haven't watched yet is the mid season finale, but unfortunately I was already spoiled.
Ohhh stupid strike!!!! Having class that close to Christmas sucks!!!! And no real vacation time double sucks!!

Okay..... you still need to get to the good part of Buffy and then watch Angel... so I don't mind you taking your time to start new recs

Dude!!! I had been spoiled before because they leaked a picture a week before the episode aired But still watch and let's talk... I'm miserable!!

BTW, now you can't look at me and judge me for starting watching Reign since you're also breaking the no cw rule by watching Arrow and Flash
Old 12-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

^ It was the same last year, I had class until 6 PM on December 20th, but at least last year I would only be coming back in March.

Yes, I haven't even started season 2 of Buffy yet...

Ugh, I ran from Tumblr on Sunday and Monday just to get spoiled by freaking Facebook. Sadly, I'll only watch it next week, because I'm not going home this week.

I know.

» Bella
Old 12-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Moderator Manager

^ Long vacations last year
I had to stay in college once till December 21st it sucked... but it was my own fault for having to do an exam that I didn't reach the grade I needed
Think that you're staying late this year but you didn't lose the semester like you were afraid of during the strike Glass half full

You've only watched the crappy episodes of BTVS.... the good part is just about to start... get on it!!!

I usually don't go on Tumblr or twitter before I watch TWD either (it's one of the only shows along with GOT that I try to be as spoiler-free as possible), but someone stupidly posted the picture of the spoiler on youtube, so when I opened it the freaking thing was there
Well, let me know when you watch it... we'll commiserate together

Arrow is actually pretty good.... I get bored/tired of it from time to time, but it's good. I haven't watched Flash but heard good things....
And don't be ashamed, at least now I don't have to be the only one to break the rule
Closed Thread   Post New Thread