Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

There has always been an (almost) complete list in the first post of this thread.

Randy, I PMed you.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Anja, you mentionned Livejournal and it totally reminded me that I opened an account like 2 and a half years ago. So I go to check it out and it turns out I actually have a couple of super short entries on there. I was actually weirder then than I am now. Huh. Thanks for the trip down memory lane
Old 12-27-2008, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Anja - Well don't I feel stupid now

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 12-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon_collie (View Post)
Anja, you mentionned Livejournal and it totally reminded me that I opened an account like 2 and a half years ago. So I go to check it out and it turns out I actually have a couple of super short entries on there. I was actually weirder then than I am now. Huh. Thanks for the trip down memory lane
You know, I tried LJ and I just couldn't get a handle of it. After that I went running back into the arms of Blogger, which I've been using for 4 years.

I still have my LJ account, and I really only use it to comment on other people's journals, but I found customizing my own to be way to difficult.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by street serenade (View Post)
You know, I tried LJ and I just couldn't get a handle of it. After that I went running back into the arms of Blogger, which I've been using for 4 years.

I still have my LJ account, and I really only use it to comment on other people's journals, but I found customizing my own to be way to difficult.
I hardly used it. I wish it was because I couldn't get used to it but, let's be honest, I just had nothing to write about. I wonder if I should start writing entries, but in about 3 seconds I'm gonna realize I still have nothing to write about and I'll just get really depressed.

Here's the link for a glimpse of Teri, almost 3 years ago: don't judge me
Old 12-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I have a blogger and an LJ, I dont use them though, LJ is filtered nowadays and I just write whatever I want to write in my blogger in Yahoo 360! much more easier

Old 12-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Passionate Fan

I adore Blogger. It's just very simple, very neat, less fuss.

Anyhow, since we're in the music thread, I have to say before the show I couldn't stand David Gray. I have a couple of his discs(gifts) and I could never get used to his voice. It just rubbed me the wrong way, but after the show I kind of found myself appreciating him a little more. I still can't stand This Year's Love for some reason, though. I think that's only because it's become such a standard ballad song in fanvids from various shows and such.

And by God, I still think those Idol songs sound like Garbage b-sides.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

I just love Livejournal. I never have anything interesting to say either, but I somehow still manage to post lots.

I didn't know David Gray before YA, and I completely fell in love with his songs on the show. If I'm in a certain nostalgic mood, This Year's Love can make me cry for hours.

Nicole, you're so right about Idol sounding like Garbage. It's a shame they sort of disappeared again after the show...
Old 01-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, Please Forgive Me always, always gets to me for some reason. YA's music was surprisingly pretty good for the most part. I rather liked the few singles that came from The New Radicals, which was pretty much a one-man band in a way(if I recall correctly, the lead singer recorded the album by himself, but when it comes to live shows and videos, he had a backing band). Even though the lead singer put his own music aside, I think he still produces.

I had never heard of Idol before until the show. To me, they're kind of like Garbage-lite.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Loyal Fan

I had never heard of a lot of the artists from YA before YA, and I have to say I think it has a really great soundtrack, or it would if a soundtrack were ever to be made.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

I know a lot of you guys love the opening song of this program but I couldn't stand it. Just remembering how it went causes last song syndrome in my head that even the theme to Mission Impossible can't obliterate.
I do however love the "Over the Rainbow" version played at the very end of the series.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Passionate Fan

I actually think the opening theme song is only 'okay'. I mean, I don't love it, but it's light and poppy and it works for a teen drama. Still, I'd rather hear Six Pacs than Paula Cole's opening song for DC. Smoppy.

The Somewhere Over The Rainbow cover is just absolutely lovely. I think it's impossible not to love. Over Christmas I had my brother over, and he's this little emo boy who thinks he's cutting edge, but he ended up liking it enough to sneak the mp3 off of my computer and onto his mp3 player later. I think the song just appeals to everyone across boards.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the opening song is just OK too, we could have had a much better theme song (as well as a much better name ).
I actually like Paula Coles song for the DC theme, though I prefer the earlier one they had with Jann Arden, the song makes me feel all weird when I listen to it.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Passionate Fan

I think overseas versions of DC had two theme songs, but us people in the US only had Paula Cole for all of the seasons.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh really? we had 'Run like mad' by Jann Arden for the first season I think, and it just matched the opening credits perfectly :sigh