Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks! omg yes i will def bring over some more ian pics!!!

i ship caroline & matt stefan & caroline!

i also ship damon & bonnie!! damon & katherine bonie & jeremy elijah & elena stefan & katherine stefan & elena!!
Old 03-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

Bring over as many Ian pics as you want - we sure won't complain

I love that you're shipping so many couples I totally shipped Stefan/Elena and Damon/Bonnie in the books, and I also ship them on the show
Old 03-26-2011, 01:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really wanna ship Stefan/Elena on the show but the cuteness of Stefan/Caroline keeps getting in the way

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 03-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Elite Fan

^ Okay, that's a valid excuse, I guess Sometimes there's a tiiiiny bit too much drama surrounding Stefan/Elena on the show for me, but I guess that's just how it is with main couples
Old 03-29-2011, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah exactly sometimes theres just too much drama, and Stefan is just ... cuter and lighter in his scenes with Caroline

Old 03-31-2011, 04:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Try as I may, I can't get into any of the whole genre of vampire shows that have proliferated since Buffy. TVD is no exception. I suspect it's a generational thing.

Before Buffy, vampires were bad guys. Period. Stories ended with a stake driven through their hearts.

Now there are good vampires, morally ambiguous vamires, vampires in every moral or psyschological flavour. Why? We already have creatures like that: people. Why do we need vampires as stand-ins for us? What's the attraction? What's added by long incisors and a taste for blood rather than power, wealth or fame? I just don't get it.

I read reviews of TVD suggesting that all sorts of people take it quite seriously, and think it's unusually good TV drama. It may be, but the whole morally-diverse-vampire genre just seems so weird to me that I can't get past that.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I enjoy it, its the ultimate tortured soul isnt it? when youre made for being evil but yet you try against it, its the conflict within that interests me these shows also have evil vampires, Damon on TVD is on the brink of redemption and that journey is interesting to watch especially since he arrived evil and killing everything in sight, Spike from Buffy was another one I enjoyed both in his evil days and in the days after where he actually went and got himself a soul, it was in my eyes, the ultimate victory over the evil within
though I do also enjoy the evil powerful vampires, I like this new development, this kind of symbolism of having them as symbols of the inner battle of good versus evil

Old 04-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Please add me to the list. Young Americans was the show that made me and Ian Somerhadler fan. I LOVED him as Hamilton. The scene when he hugs Jack in the last episode kills me every time and the little wave he gives her!

For me I love Vampire Diaries because of the history of the town and with the flashbacks of the characters past lives. I love how by understanding their pasts we can know why they act a certain way in the future.

However I love flawed characters. I loved Spike on Buffy and how it was a star crossed love thing. How they were mortal enemies but fell in love. However I loved that Spike remained bad and true to his Vampire ways.

Same goes for me with Damon I love how he embraces his Vampire side it is who is he and he is not afraid to show it. Not to say he doesn't care or have a heart but by nature Vampires are born to be bad and harmful.

I have always enjoyed the stories of good verses evil or rather what makes us human and the journey of life.

Serenity For me it is Elena and Damon all the way. That is my ship since day one. I also would love Stefan and Caroline to get together as well.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 04-02-2011 at 09:54 PM
Old 04-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Re: The morally-diverse-vampires genre

Quote:
Originally Posted by s e r e n i t y (View Post)
It's when youre made for being evil but yet you try against it
Interesting, Sheida. That's sort of what my son said, too.

Sounds to me like the younger generation misses the dramatic implications of the traditional doctrine of Original Sin. That's exclusively Christian, of course -- exclusively Western Christian, in fact, a doctrine concocted by St. Augustine that Eastern Orthodox Christians have never endorsed -- but you may be acquainted with it. It basically says that everybody's inherently evil. People have been rather less receptive to it in the past two or three centuries than previously.

Or perhaps it's the doctrine itself that's missed???
Old 04-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Added you to the list Erin welcome Im Sheida

I love that scene that you mentioned from the finale, the hug and the wave, so cute

Quote:
For me I love Vampire Diaries because of the history of the town and with the flashbacks of the characters past lives. I love how by understanding their pasts we can know why they act a certain way in the future.
Oh exactly, thats why Im loving S2 even more, we get to know more of how Damon became the evil vamp he is today and more backstory about Katherine its fascinating

I love the conflict Damons been having these last few episodes even if Im not a big Damon/Elena fan I do love how he sometimes wants to be good but cant

Im not against Damon/Elena, in fact it makes way for my ship Stefan/Caroline to get together so go them

Im not familair with that doctrine Finnegan, however I have seen that theory presented in many books and tv shows and movies, its an interesting one, it doesnt neccesarily disprove the whole vampire thing, as in they can be the actual visualization of this doctrine, being entirely evil, and trying against it
though Im pretty sure my religion says everyones born good and pure and so I like the vampires as the opposite of what humans ae.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks anja!! yay we ship the same couples!! omg np prob i will def bring more ian pics over!! hey sheida & erin & finnegan!!

yes ya made me an ian somerhalder fan too!!

Old 04-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan (View Post)
Before Buffy, vampires were bad guys. Period. Stories ended with a stake driven through their hearts.
What about Anne Rice? Louis was such a tortured soul, fighting against his vampire urges, eating rats instead of eating people. And that was waaay before Buffy. Those were my first vampires, and they're still the sort of vamps I like They're not just "evil", there's a story behind it, a character you may even be able to identify with or feel for in most scenes. It makes things much more interesting for me

Erin, I love that scene, too! And hey, I totally remember you from this board and the Ian board from yeeeears ago!!! Didn't you meet him in NY or something?

Quin, I can't stop staring!! How is he so pretty?
Old 04-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)

Erin, I love that scene, too! And hey, I totally remember you from this board and the Ian board from yeeeears ago!!! Didn't you meet him in NY or something?
Yes you have a very good memory! I did meet Ian back in 2006 right after he left LOST. I went with a few of my Fan Forum friends to see this play Dog Sees God in NYC. It was AMAZING meeting him! We even mentioned Young Americans and how we loved him on the show. He laughed and said that was so long ago.

I finally saw all of YA again on youtube and catch up on episodes I missed. Aw I loved Hamilton! That is what made me an Ian fan!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 04-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They're not just "evil", there's a story behind it, a character you may even be able to identify with or feel for in most scenes. It makes things much more interesting for me
true, being simply evil is a bit one dimentional

oh wow that gif, absoloute gorgeousness

TVD comes back this week right?

Oh wow Erin you got to meet Ian? *so jealous*

Old 04-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Yes you have a very good memory!
I'm just weird and remember things like that I remember how jealous I was of you because you got to meet him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s e r e n i t y (View Post)
TVD comes back this week right?
This week already?!?! But I'm not caught up!