Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Absolute Fan

I thought it was weird too that P. Gordon left so quickly and nothing has been mentioned since. It seems like they would have heard back about the information they were trying to get.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenrose (View Post)
It was such a precious scene! Gave me butterflies and I had to watch it over and over!
So much love in C/S. It was perfect how she jumped up to hug him after the kiss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy87 (View Post)
When she wasn't sure whether she would choose him or not in S1, that was understandable imo just because a.) she was definitively against marrying him without his inheritance, she just wasn't sure and b.) they weren't as completely in love with each other at the time. But now they are completely and unselfishly in love. So we as viewers need to see Mary make that choice without hesitation, even if "Patrick" turns out to be a fake.
Very true. They are truly & completely in-love by S2 and it was the perfect time to be together. Unfortunately and by board rules, we're not allowed to talk about spoilers on the threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
I don't think we'll have another round about M/M wedding to be uncertain because of Matthew's uncertain future, but I do kind of hope for P.Gordon to come back AFTER the wedding,it would be rather odd if it was just that one episode (which I still find a bit confusing now)
I think Fellowes purposely left the Patrick Gordon story open because we might see him again soon. But that's just what I think. To have him back after the wedding will certainly create quite a stir.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Supreme Fan

I believe we haven't seen the last of P. Gordon... And I completely agree, in order for them to come full circle, she has to let him know that she will marry him with or without the inheritance.

Icon on LJMargaret♥
Old 07-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't think we'll see another round of P.Gordon, he has not been mentioned again and I remember an interview where Laura Carmichael said he was a fake.

Anyway I don't agree on the fact that we would need another test for Mary's love for Matthew. She would have taken him crippled, I have no doubt she would take him without Downton, although it's a place dear to her. It would mean not to see the change that Mary has gone through S2.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthea82 (View Post)
I don't think we'll see another round of P.Gordon, he has not been mentioned again and I remember an interview where Laura Carmichael said he was a fake.
I'm not sure we have finished with P. Gordon. But I do agree that Mary would take him with or without Downton.
I'm sure he's a fake, but I can also see him being back.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

Anyway I don't agree on the fact that we would need another test for Mary's love for Matthew. She would have taken him crippled, I have no doubt she would take him without Downton, although it's a place dear to her. It would mean not to see the change that Mary has gone through S2.
Ahh well I'm glad she confirmed it. It's just so weird how quickly he was dropped....

And I completely agree! We all know how much Mary loves him...it just would've been nice for him to hear

Icon on LJMargaret♥
Old 07-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Very true. They are truly & completely in-love by S2 and it was the perfect time to be together. Unfortunately and by board rules, we're not allowed to talk about spoilers on the threads.
Not even in spoiler tags?

Quote:

I don't see it as a test so much as a plot twist that demonstrates how much her character has changed and how deep M&M's commitment is while also moving the story forward. But JMO
Old 07-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Supreme Fan

Can't we have a spoiler thread too?

LOOK AT MATTHEW

Icon on LJMargaret♥
Old 07-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Absolute Fan

That gif!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Supreme Fan

I literally cannot stop staring

Icon on LJMargaret♥
Old 07-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
I hope it's addressed on the show and not just have Laura say it on an interview but be confirmed on the show by the family's lawyer or something. As much as I love a happy M/M in S3, I would love for some past to go haunt them just to stir things a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by md_em (View Post)
I'm not sure we have finished with P. Gordon. But I do agree that Mary would take him with or without Downton.
I'm sure he's a fake, but I can also see him being back.
Especially now, Mary will definitely take him even without the title, she's very much in-love with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy87 (View Post)
Not even in spoiler tags?
They're fine but keep it to a minimum as we're not allowed to talk in greater detail about it on the threads, thus the reason for the Spoilers board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenrose (View Post)
Can't we have a spoiler thread too?

LOOK AT MATTHEW
http://static.tumblr.com/6b5zkzi/3La...ry_matthew.gif
We have a spoiler thread on the Spoilers board. Link on the topped Board Guide/Intro/Birthday thread.

AAAAAAAHHHH, that scene. My emotions were all over the place. The minute Matthew said "Oh god Mary, I'm so, so sorry..."

ETA: The song playing during this scene is again, "An Ideal Marriage" right?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
We have a spoiler thread on the Spoilers board. Link on the topped Board Guide/Intro/Birthday thread.

AAAAAAAHHHH, that scene. My emotions were all over the place. The minute Matthew said "Oh god Mary, I'm so, so sorry..."

ETA: The song playing during this scene is again, "An Ideal Marriage" right?
Ahh okay, thanks for clearing that up bb

I'm literally mesmerized. Someone said on tumblr that Dan should be contractually required to say "Oh God, Mary" in every episode. And I completely agree.

And yes, it is I'm listening to it now

Icon on LJMargaret♥
Old 07-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

I wouldn't want that Patrick Gordon back also because I find it as the lowest point in the SL of S2.
I hope they're just going to forget about him in S3, no more recycling of old stories. Just my opinion, I prefer "new things" to shake up things.

OMG that dance gif! Sometimes I think that scene looks better in gif sets! Most of them really capture the looks between Mary and Matthew, especially how much Matthew longs for her. Mary is really overwhelmed!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Absolute Fan

can you at least buy me a couple tacos?
Old 07-03-2012, 06:42 AM
New Fan

Quote:
OMG that dance gif! Sometimes I think that scene looks better in gif sets! Most of them really capture the looks between Mary and Matthew, especially how much Matthew longs for her. Mary is really overwhelmed!
I agree. Here's a Tumblr blog which is largely dedicated to that dance scene. Lots of lovely gif sets here.

Zip! Goes a Million...or something