Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

Oh okay. Hey Lindsay!

Hmmm. I think Mary and Matthew might live in Crawley House actually. Although, I think it would be easier for them to stay at Downton.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the add and warm welcome I think it would be good for Mary and Matthew to move out and have their own house for the first years of their marriage. I-m not sure how romantic it would be to spend the first years of your marriage in your parents' house I think if they get their own house it would also be good training for them learning how to manage their household in the future. Naturally, Mary has had that training since she was small but one thing is learning the theory and the other is putting it into practice
Old 08-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

Just noticed that we're near the end of the thread, any thoughts on what you'd like for the next thread title?

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 08-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
Just noticed that we're near the end of the thread, any thoughts on what you'd like for the next thread title?
Mary:"Can you manage without your stick?" - Matthew:"You are my stick"

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 08-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

Because Mary loved Matthew much longer than she even knew.

Because Matthew could never hate Mary.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Welcome to the thread, Bijou!

Also, anyone can start the new thread.

And as is in real life, I agree. It's not really convenient that you live in your parent's house when you're married and that's why it's advisable these days that you get your own apartment/house when you get married and just live away from the family and start your own. It'll be good practice for these two (and more privacy as well).

Eug & Ruby: I love both of your suggestions!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Supreme Fan

WELCOME EVERYONEEEE!!!!! This is the best ship evaaaaa

THE STICK ONE PLEASE?

Icon on LJMargaret♥
Old 08-25-2012, 04:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's not really convenient that you live in your parent's house when you're married
Right ? But Downton is a big house and they have a lot of rooms And I really hope they don't seep in Mary's bedroom...

Old 08-25-2012, 06:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
Right ? But Downton is a big house and they have a lot of rooms And I really hope they don't seep in Mary's bedroom...
Personally I don't think that it's the number of rooms that makes the difference, it's the managing of the house and staff that you need a smaller home to manage first to get a sense of how it works also to determine what your style might be not to mention as the heir and his wife, you're expected to invite people to dinner and it's hard to do that with R/C being the owners of the house. What if they rejected the guests you want to invite?

(Slightly OT) I can't imagine being Elizabeth Bennet. Marrying Fitzwilliam Darcy and then having to manage Pemberley as your first house to manage. Fortunately, Elizabeth has Mrs. Reynolds for help.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Thank you Lindsay for your warm welcome ITA about a newly married couple having their own house. Can anyone image how uncomfortable it would be for Matthew if he gets into an argument with Mary, and have his in-law looking daggers at him in those cases in laws usually side with their daughter and a build up of this could cause a rift in the relationship and resentment too I'm only thinking for M/M's future relationship- we'll wanted to be happy and lasting, no? also can you imagine how ackward it would be if R+C over hear M/M having steamy and passionate love-making , I mean it's not great at all that couple get caught on that but at least with having your own house it save everyone from such embarrassing situation. Well, M/M will have servants but at least is not your parents
Besides,even if M/M live outside DA we'll see them visiting the big house everyday, right? Matthew and Isobel,and Violet all live outside DA but we see them everyday visiting the big house?
I hope no one's offended but that line about the stick was one of the lowest point for me in that episode it somehow rubs on all the wrong ways this is just my humble opinion I'm cool with whatever line you all agree on for the future thread

Ruby I totally like your suggested lines

Last but not least, my contributing lines "Matthew never needed to forgive Mary because there was never nothing to forgive" and "G.E.T. M.A.R.R.I.E.D. A.L.R.E.A.D.Y. !!!" >_<
Old 08-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
Personally I don't think that it's the number of rooms that makes the difference, it's the managing of the house and staff that you need a smaller home to manage first to get a sense of how it works also to determine what your style might be not to mention as the heir and his wife, you're expected to invite people to dinner and it's hard to do that with R/C being the owners of the house. What if they rejected the guests you want to invite?
You have a point but I am sure they will stay at Downton because a) it will be easier to have them at the Higlclere castle for shooting and b) Matthew and Mary will own the house in the future so maybe Robert wants them to stay there so they can get used to it and stuff.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Master Fan

Let's just hope their room is not closed to Robert and Cora's then

RoseBennett
Old 08-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Add me, please! Love them!
Old 08-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguadosor (View Post)
Add me, please! Love them!
Welcome to the thread, Maria!

You've been added!

Old 08-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

http://www.fanforum.com/f387/mary%E1.../#post65039337