Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediedoyle (View Post)
Love the pic x>

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Rastapopoulos; 12-07-2013 at 04:28 PM
Old 12-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos (View Post)
Spoiler:
I posted it in another thread a few weeks ago but can't remember where...Argh I'll try to dig up that link again. Sorry guys.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I posted it in another thread a few weeks ago but can't remember where...Argh I'll try to dig up that link again. Sorry guys.
Don't apologise. Take your time. Sorry if i sounded angry. I'm just so frustrated. It's like bad news all the time.

Last edited by Rastapopoulos; 12-07-2013 at 04:36 PM
Old 12-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Found it!

As Lindsay mentioned, we do have a spoiler thread if you guys want to talk about this article more, since it goes quite far into the future. But there it is.

PS Don't worry, I won't take your post personally. I know how frustrating it is. Really, I was surprised and a bit ticked off too. I don't know how JF's mind works.
PPS Now that I think about it I haven't read anything else about S5 anywhere else, so I don't know where the Telegraph got their info from for that article! Omg. How careless of me.

Last edited by ediedoyle; 12-07-2013 at 04:46 PM
Old 12-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Found it!

As Lindsay mentioned, we do have a spoiler thread if you guys want to talk about this article more, since it goes quite far into the future. But there it is.

PS Don't worry, I won't take your post personally. I know how frustrating it is. Really, I was surprised and a bit ticked off too. I don't know how JF's mind works.
Thanks Edie

Spoiler:
Old 12-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Very true. It seems obvious now that you pointed it out, so I feel a bit silly. Brain lapse.

Spoiler:

Back to square one.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos (View Post)
@ Lindsay: I didn't know there was a seperate spoiler thread. I wanted to ask you are we allowed to discuss spoilers on here relating to Mary/Evelyn or do we have to do it on the spoiler thread?
Quote:
I'm glad that this is brought up because spoilers are not allowed on TV boards. We're already talking about pages and pages of spoilers here so if you all want to further discuss Mary/Evelyn spoilers, go the link on the Spoilers thread I posted 3 pages ago. We also have a more detailed spoiler rule here topped on this board that I would like for everyone here to read.

Also, news and clips from ITV and the ITV press centre are not considered spoilers and can be posted on the threads. We can react to these but not discuss or speculate further. If you want to post a spoiler here, tag them but we can't discuss further.

-------------------------

So back to Evelyn/Mary everyone. Whatever happens in the CS, I'd like to know what everyone here thinks of their situation now. Is it still possible for a romantic future or it may seem hopeless at this point?
Old 12-08-2013, 08:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well no, because I still think he's in the CS in some respect. So I don't only think it's very possible but actually inevitable. I posted why I thought that in that thread. I really don't see a reason to think it's hopeless since she never rejected him and made it clear that she wasn't ready to her other two suitors.

Just as an aside, can we add "Because they're both such fidgety babies" to reasons to ship? Mary does the necklace thing; Evelyn does the hand thing, tell me that's not cute!

"And you think I should choose life?"
Evelyn = In Hebrew the meaning of the name Evelyn is: Life.

Last edited by lassothemoon; 12-08-2013 at 10:17 AM
Old 12-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassothemoon (View Post)
Well no, because I still think he's in the CS in some respect. So I don't only think it's very possible but actually inevitable. I posted why I thought that in that thread. I really don't see a reason to think it's hopeless since she never rejected him and made it clear that she wasn't ready to her other two suitors.

Just as an aside, can we add "Because they're both such fidgety babies" to reasons to ship? Mary does the necklace thing; Evelyn does the hand thing, tell me that's not cute!
Aha, I didn't notice the fidgety thing. You have a good eye for these things, lassothemoon.First the valet thing (he did have one in series 1 though, while watching the many wonderful M/E vids I notice a guy helping him out of his red jacket in the scene with Mary being all giddy with Pamuk (and him)), and now this.

Agreed that it isn't hopeless where Mary/Evelyn are concerned. He is perfect for Mary and I just don't believe JF doesn't realise that. He is from the same aristocratic background as Tony (which Blake doesn't have) and could be just as useful as Blake to help her modernise (outside knowledge Tony lacks). Don't give up hope, just yet Lindsay! Let's see what happens in the CS first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I'm glad that this is brought up because spoilers are not allowed on TV boards. We're already talking about pages and pages of spoilers here so if you all want to further discuss Mary/Evelyn spoilers, go the link on the Spoilers thread I posted 3 pages ago. We also have a more detailed spoiler rule here topped on this board that I would like for everyone here to read.

Also, news and clips from ITV and the ITV press centre are not considered spoilers and can be posted on the threads. We can react to these but not discuss or speculate further. If you want to post a spoiler here, tag them but we can't discuss further.
OK. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Rastapopoulos; 12-08-2013 at 11:13 AM
Old 12-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Addicted Fan

I still want to believe that Mary and Evelyn will get together eventually. I have a feeling he won't be in the CS Special though. I hope that Blake and Mary don't get together because I'm just not feeling the chemistry between him and Mary, not to mention he just doesn't really gel with any of the rest of the family. Plus there is also this...Yellow Pages Christmas advert | 2003 (Better quality) - YouTube
Old 12-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

I wouldn't count him out just yet. In episode 5, he wasn't even on the list: Downton Abbey Episode 5 | presscentre

or in the trailer.

Guys, they've been hiding him from us from Day One, and you don't do that with a red herring

To borrow a quote from Mr. Blake, he's "hiding in plain sight."

Old 12-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yes!!!! I'll add this. I actually just noticed this for Mary, like, yesterday.

I do think they have a chance. At least, i hope that's not just my wishful thinking. I absolutely adore their interaction in episode 5, and it gives me hope that she hasn't flat out rejected him like she has the others. I also think his lack of closure is a good sign. I can't think of any character, no matter how minor, with less closure than he has at the moment. If there is one thing Fellowes is good at, it's letting us know when a character is good and gone.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

#TeamPerseus
Old 12-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Haha the valet thing surprised me, but I just only thought about them BOTH fidgeting today. They're so cute it's not even funny.

Found another potential fanvid song. Might work on it next weekend unless anyone else wants to take a crack at it:

Lenny Kravitz - I'll Be Waiting - YouTube

Old 12-09-2013, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for posting the fanvids here.

My thoughts: if he'll be in the CS then great, I hope we'll get a SL with him soon and know for sure where he stands with Mary. If he's not, then I hope in the CS we'll know at least if he still has a chance with her because if he doesn't, I'd like them to end it at the CS. I don't want to hope and hope and hope and just be depressed in the end.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Haha the valet thing surprised me, but I just only thought about them BOTH fidgeting today. They're so cute it's not even funny.

Found another potential fanvid song. Might work on it next weekend unless anyone else wants to take a crack at it:

Lenny Kravitz - I'll Be Waiting - YouTube
Nice choice of music, I do like a bit of Lenny. I also have another one which I like -
Katie Melua - shy boy lyrics + Übersetzung (deutsch) - YouTube I'm not holding my breath that he will show up in the CS but I can always hope. The most depressing thing would be if Mary ends up choosing between Gillingham and Blake before hearing Evelyn's declaration. There is so much emotion conveyed in one look from Evelyn than any of Gillingham/Blake's undying love speeches.