Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblondie17 (View Post)
If Mary/Evelyn/Blake are a repeat of Mary/Evelyn/Pamuk, does that mean Blake's going to bite the dust soon?
LOL! But that would mean Mary and Blake would first have to...you know
Old 12-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey, as long as that means the end of Mr. Blake, they can do whatever they want!

Okay, just kidding. I think it's safe to say that Evelyn knows about the Pamuk incident but doesn't care *now* because it's been 10 years, but he may feel a little differently about her sleeping with his boss.

I love the idea that someone had of Evelyn not being showing in the CS, but having the final scene be Mary going to see him. I'd rather see him, of course, but I could live with that.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

#TeamPerseus
Old 12-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Hey, as long as that means the end of Mr. Blake, they can do whatever they want!

Okay, just kidding. I think it's safe to say that Evelyn knows about the Pamuk incident but doesn't care *now* because it's been 10 years, but he may feel a little differently about her sleeping with his boss.

I love the idea that someone had of Evelyn not being showing in the CS, but having the final scene be Mary going to see him. I'd rather see him, of course, but I could live with that.
Completely agree.

By the way, where did you read that idea? Is it from Tumblr? Or another site? Clever. But on second thought, it's a bit odd that she'd go to his house after not seeing him for a year. Still, much better than her ending up with Charles Blake (or Tony Foyle).

Last edited by Rastapopoulos; 12-07-2013 at 11:01 AM
Old 12-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos (View Post)
Oh, it does? Didn't know that.

Hmmm...interesting theory. It's plausible or
Spoiler:
But, you are very anxious for Evie's poor father to meet his maker aren't you...LOL! I don't think it would make that much of a difference to Mary whether he's a viscount or not. If she suddenly notices him because he's a viscount it might make her look cold. Besides Tony is a viscount too. Either she loves him or she doesn't. His rank isn't going to change that. And I'd want her to notice him for himself, not his rank or wealth.
It has nothing to do with her but everything to do with him. If he's a viscount, then he, like Tony, is under tremendous pressure to marry. And although he's least likely to marry just because he's told to ( cough they have so much in common it's kind of hilarious ), his being in that position, and unlike Tony ready and willing to live his life with or without her, that might wake her up to the fact that she does care for him and she might lose him, because if he does put himself out on the market, it changes the nature of their friendship--and a wife would change it completely. That safe constant might not be there anymore , and if he isn't, that could be the turning point where she realizes that he does mean a great deal to her.

The linchpin is the scene in the library, and that it came when she was freaking out about Tony and Mabel.

"And you think I should choose life?"
Evelyn = In Hebrew the meaning of the name Evelyn is: Life.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassothemoon (View Post)
The linchpin is the scene in the library, and that it came when she was freaking out about Tony and Mabel.
I'm assuming you mean the scene where he shows up out of the blue and she kisses his cheek?

The frustrating part of all of this business is that that has been their best scene, hands down, of the entire show. I know it was too soon for her to move on from Matthew entirely, but the fact that they've become more distant since then (to the point that he doesn't say goodbye and she doesn't remotely seem to care) a) doesn't even make sense and b) is incredibly disheartening for this ship.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

#TeamPerseus
Old 12-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I'm assuming you mean the scene where he shows up out of the blue and she kisses his cheek?

The frustrating part of all of this business is that that has been their best scene, hands down, of the entire show. I know it was too soon for her to move on from Matthew entirely, but the fact that they've become more distant since then (to the point that he doesn't say goodbye and she doesn't remotely seem to care) a) doesn't even make sense and b) is incredibly disheartening for this ship.
Distance in this case is good because I think it's so out of place that it makes you wonder if there is something going on. The fact that she was circumventing the subject of his feelings instead of flat out rejecting him tells me that she does care ( perhaps a little too much ) and his honesty scares her. The look on her face after the scene outside is really telling for me.

If Mary Crawley is fed up with you she doesn't avoid you, she'll tell you to your face. It's weird because it almost reminds me of S1 when she was avoiding Matthew after his proposal. Of course different situations, different reasonings, but I think that she as a character only avoids things when she's afraid of them, and there's not much that she's afraid of.

We haven't seen the last of Evelyn Napier.

Last edited by lassothemoon; 12-07-2013 at 12:59 PM
Old 12-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Whether it ends up being significant or not, I like that he has his own episode (episode 5). Blake and Tony are both mentioned, but Evelyn is the only one with scenes. They could have easily brought in Blake that same episode, but they didn't.

#TeamPerseus
Old 12-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famu (View Post)
I saw the trailer and it doesn't look like Evelyn is included in the CS episode. I should have known since he has been completely been ignored in 408

As for ITV SC trailer 0.14, I have a screenshot
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

#TeamPerseus
Old 12-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Maybe?

I'm wondering was his name in the cast list that that one of these TV sites released for Episode 5? Because it was in the press pack, of course, but he wasn't in the trailer for that either, which makes me wonder if they even get the full cast list ahead of time. They might be trying to make us think he's not in it when in the end...?

Last edited by lassothemoon; 12-07-2013 at 01:52 PM
Old 12-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
I'm afraid the man in the foreground
Spoiler:
You can see who it is much clearer in the trailer (completely at the beginning) : Downton Abbey at Christmas (video) | presscentre

It's probably just
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassothemoon (View Post)
Maybe?

I'm wondering was his name in the cast list that that one of these TV sites released for Episode 5? Because it was in the press pack, of course, but he wasn't in the trailer for that either, which makes me wonder if they even get the full cast list ahead of time. They might be trying to make us think he's not in it when in the end...?
I don't know. I didn't watch DA until episode 7 or so. I wasn't really interested in this series until I heard Evelyn was back. That's why I would be really disappointed if he isn't in the CS. So hopefully JF/ITV are hiding him. The idea ajblondie mentioned earlier of Mary visiting Evelyn without him being shown is much better than her ending up with Charles Blake (which, after seeing the trailer, I'm more convinced than ever she won't - she'll turn both down), but to be honest it wouldn't be that satisfying for me. I want a proper PAY OFF. And it wouldn't make that much sense for her to turn up at his doorstop out of the blue after A YEAR when she wasn't interested in him - like it was mentioned, they seemed rather distant at their parting. There needs to be some build up first (at least one scene), to show a change in her feelings and justify her visiting him.

Also, sorry to mention BP's tweets again, but would he really tweet that if he knew he wasn't in the CS? When he tweeted back in November, series 5 was like 10/11 months away (so almost a year). Would he be hinting so far in advance?

Ugh. Still more than 2 weeks to go. It's so disheartening not having much hope. I wish there'd be a sign that he is in it.

Last edited by Rastapopoulos; 12-07-2013 at 03:20 PM
Old 12-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah...well...so much for my 30 seconds of hopeful excitement.

#TeamPerseus
Old 12-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

He may be. I don't think he would have said that if there was no chance at all, and again, guys his storyline is still very much up in the air. He's coming back but we don't know if it's this episode first or S5. And if he was endgame I wouldn't be surprised if he did know...

Old 12-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Just playing, (apologies for the bad artwork!) hehe...

Old 12-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Love the pic x>

Spoiler:

Last edited by ediedoyle; 12-07-2013 at 03:48 PM
Old 12-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pio231 (View Post)
Just playing, (apologies for the bad artwork!) hehe...

Dear Santa

Spoiler: