Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2013, 10:27 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SannraB (View Post)
In my opinion one will be out of game at the end. And i guess it`ll be Gillingham. Don't know why, but i have a kind of feeling. So we would start with Blake and Napier into the next season.

By the way, i haven't seen the rest of the season yet, just these two episodes. Why exactly kissed Mary Lord Gillingham? Was that really such a romatic situation?
From what I remember... I didn't see the episode I just read the recap... It came across to me as not romantic at all.. He wouldn't stop proposing to her or whatever unless she gave him a kiss? It was something along those lines anyhow..

Not romantic to me in any sense.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkygirl (View Post)
Ok, While I don't like the look of the Mary and Blake picture at the start.. (seriously my stomach dropped about 10 feet)

If you scroll down to the last picture of Evelyn..it certainly gave me hope!
Definitely sounds to me like he's still in the running...
He's still around but look at what it says above his picture:

Spoiler:

Ugh. I'm so gutted. But maybe I'll wait until the finale to see how it all plays out, though am not so hopeful anymore.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:59 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos (View Post)
He's still around but look at what it says above his picture:

Spoiler:

Ugh. I'm so gutted. But maybe I'll wait until the finale to see how it all plays out, though am not so hopeful anymore.
Why bring up Evelyn's reaction to Blake and Mary at all if he wasn't a serious possibility? When I first read that last bit, my first thought was that seeing Blake and Mary, finally gives him reason to step up and say something to her about how he feels! Which is what we've wanted him to do.

Last edited by sharkygirl; 11-06-2013 at 11:11 AM Reason: Adding more info
Old 11-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

And notice the caption to his picture.

Spoiler:
Old 11-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblondie17 (View Post)

Spoiler:
That's why I think it's him.

Media's finally catching on.

Stay with me guys!
Old 11-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Why bring up Evelyn's reaction to Blake and Mary at all if he wasn't a serious possibility?
Good point. Then again perhaps Evelyn (and Gillingham) are obstacles to their 'twu wuw' (puke).

Quote:
That's why I think it's him.

Media's finally catching on.
I really hope you're right and I'm wrong :-)
Old 11-06-2013, 11:18 AM
New Fan

Quote:

Spoiler:

YES! I was worried up till then.. When I read it, I wasn't worried any more!
Old 11-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

And, honestly, if Blake starts pursuing Mary while knowing full well how Evelyn feels about her, then he's a cad.

Mary doesn't deserve a cad.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:24 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Good point. Then again perhaps Evelyn (and Gillingham) are obstacles to their 'twu wuw' (puke).

I really hope you're right and I'm wrong :-)
She's known him a few weeks! I highly doubt it's anything that serious.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
And, honestly, if Blake starts pursuing Mary while knowing full well how Evelyn feels about her, then he's a cad.

Mary doesn't deserve a cad.
Omg this.

He TOLD him how he felt about her.

And they're supposed to be friends? That's like a violation of the almighty bro code.

Fellowes can't turn this into "Jessie's Girl" again.

Also, I'm not sure how much of a spoiler this is because it's from over a year ago, but:

And you know how his wife is supposedly the basis for Mary? And Cora so wanted E/M together S1?
Old 11-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

So there you have it.

Gillingham's an unfaithful gold digger. (Mary, of all people, keeps having to remind him that he's engaged.)

Blake's a cad.

Napier wins.

Game, set, and match. The end.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
So there you have it.

Gillingham's an unfaithful gold digger. (Mary, of all people, keeps having to remind him that he's engaged.)
I read that Gillingham
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassothemoon (View Post)
He TOLD him how he felt about her.
And they're supposed to be friends? That's like a violation of the almighty bro code.
That's exactly why I'm worried. It's classic angst for the 'root for' couple when the male guy (Blake) doesn't go after the girl (Mary, who may reciprocate his feelings) on account of his friend (Napier) who's in love with the same woman. Like I said, he may be an obstacle and not the endgame.

I don't think Blake is a cad. Don't really care about the guy but I don't get a 'bad guy' vibe from him, the way I do about Gillingham: he comes across as opportunistic, not completely sincere, manipulative and with ulterior motives.

Quote:
Fellowes can't turn this into "Jessie's Girl" again.
What do you mean?

Quote:
She's known him a few weeks! I highly doubt it's anything that serious.
True. But Mary and Blake had the whole bonding session with the pigs and in the kitchen. Whereas there's been absolutely no progression between her and Evelyn. Plus, it is said
Spoiler:
He's also having a good effect on her (her getting down all dirty with the pigs) the way Matthew did. That's usually the way Fellows builds his romances. Furthermore, I don't think anything will happen with Evelyn and Mary because
Spoiler:

Quote:
And you know how his wife is supposedly the basis for Mary? And Cora so wanted E/M together S1?
That is reassuring but unfortunately I'm not entirely convinced. Sorry :-(

Quote:
Napier wins.
That would be a great outcome. Not sure it'll happen though.

Last edited by Rastapopoulos; 11-06-2013 at 12:40 PM
Old 11-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I read that Gillingham
Spoiler:

That's exactly why I'm worried. It's classic angst for the 'root for' couple when the male guy (Blake) doesn't go after the girl (Mary, who may reciprocate his feelings) on account of his friend (Napier). Like I said he may be an obstacle and not the endgame.

I don't think Blake is a cad. Don't really care about the guy but I don't get a 'bad guy' vibe from him, the way Gillingham comes across as opportunistic, not completely sincere, manipulative and with ulterior motives.

What do you mean?

True. But Mary and Blake had the whole bonding session with the pigs and in the kitchen. Whereas there's been absolutely no progression between her and Evelyn. Plus, it is said
Spoiler:
. That's usually the way Fellows builds his romances. Furthermore, I don't think anything will happen with Evelyn and Mary because
Spoiler:

That is reassuring but unfortunately I'm not entirely convinced.
I don't think that's what's going to happen.
Spoiler:

Further, again, why would they bring him back again if not for a purpose?

I mean the song "Jessie's Girl", haha. It was a reference.

Spoiler:

I don't even think Gillingham has a chance to be honest.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:51 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I don't think that's what's going to happen. Further, again, why would they bring him back again if not for a purpose?

Spoiler:

EXACTLY I mean WHY bring him back at all if he didn't have a serious chance?

And why would it question Evelyn's reaction to Charles and Mary if it wasn't going to lead somewhere there has to be a reason for having him there and hinting at his 'reaction' to what is going on.. If he was just meant to be a background player... why would he be mentioned in the spoilers for the finale?

I do find it interesting that in the press for S4, when they FIRST starting talking about Mary's suitors.. there was talk of Blake and Gingerbread ALL OVER THE PLACE! I only saw ONE hint in the media about Evelyn coming back.. and even then I don't think he was mentioned by name.. I think he was mentioned as 'someone from her past' ??

Why would they have kept him as a 'secret' suitor all this time if he didn't have a decent chance?

Last edited by sharkygirl; 11-06-2013 at 01:05 PM Reason: Add more information
Old 11-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I don't think that's what's going to happen.
Spoiler:
Yes, but the thing is Mary is developing feelings for Blake and NOT Napier. If she had romantic feelings for the latter, then that would be a different matter entirely and Blake would be the interloper. However I don't think that will be the case here.

Quote:
Further, again, why would they bring him back again if not for a purpose?
I suppose Evelyn Napier's really was just a plot device after all: to introduce Blake, be another suitor and also an occasion to bring him back as he was a popular character. I think we are giving Fellows too much credit here. He isn't that good a writer it seems and not as smart and original as you guys, sadly.

Quote:
I mean the song "Jessie's Girl", haha. It was a reference.

Spoiler:
Ok, got it...LOL. Yeah I think he might declare his feelings but I don't think Mary will magically fall into his arms as there isn't anything there on her side and they (Mary and Napier) haven't been built up. She might feel bad for him but nothing more.

Quote:
Agreed. I don't think she'll end up with him.